• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citywolf

So, I guess the only possible solution is to turn the RHW-6S to a RHW-4 make a curve and transform it to a RHW-6S again once it goes straight.^^ Well, I hope a RHW-6/8 90° curves will be implemented in Version 4 :P. However thanks for your help anyway  :thumbsup:

And before I forget to mention it: The RHW project rules, you guys doin' a great job here.  &apls

Citywolf

debutterfly

Citywolf if you read Alex's FAQ on the top of each page you will notice that Alex has mentioned there will be wider RHW curved incorporated into 4.0. ;)

-Larry (debutterfly)

Citywolf

deathtopumpkins

Well there is a workaround you can use in the meantime that involves some of the avenue puzzle pieces i believe, but I do not know it off the top of my head.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

dragonshardz

Quote from: Tarkus on August 01, 2009, 11:02:36 PM
Nope.  I mean this.

Oh. Well, that's cool too. Laying the groundwork for the NWM?

I haven't read the thread yet, so correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT: Read the thread. I was wrong. Something for the SPUIs Alex showed off not too long ago.

Schleicher68

:thumbsup:  For the German-speaking! Here is a summarized version of aid to the RHW!
http://www.simcityplaza.de/content/view/492/172/

smoncrie

I have started work on a new puzzle piece, the RHW-10 Orthogonal "S":

This puzzle piece was created using a totally new technique that I have developed.  I call puzzle pieces created with this technique "MORPH Curves".  With this new technique the puzzle piece uses only one or two textures that are morphed to the correct shape for each puzzle piece tile.  Since it uses so few textures, it is easy to use texture (Euro) mods or adapt it to different transportation networks.

Just as a demo I will change the two RHW-10 textures to RHW-6S and then to RHW-4 to get:

Since I just changed the textures and did not actually create new puzzle pieces, the drag starter tiles at each end did not change.

dragonshardz

Sounds cool, smoncrie. Must be much easier than creating new pieces.

choco

i wondered why ya call 'em MORPH curves......thats simply awesome!  &apls

sithlrd98

....and those MORPH Curves are awesome Smoncrie! Makes so many things possible...

Jayson

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Ryan B.

Mighty MORPHin' Curves? 

I like.  Nice work, smoncrie!

riiga

I was really bored yesterday, so I made this texture:

(click for full resolution)

It's a European Toll Booth texture for the RHW-2. :)

- riiga

carkid1998

Wow, can't wait to see that as a tollbooth! :thumbsup:
Sendona... Coming soon!

JoeST

Quote from: Ryan B. on August 05, 2009, 06:28:38 AMMighty MORPHin' Curves? 
Mighty MORPH'ing Power Curves more like :D

Fantastic smoncre

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

pagenotfound

Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Ramona Brie

Looks awesome! Each day I can't wait for RHW 4.0. I have made some really cool interchanges that I can't wait to show you, but they're on the SimCity-dedicated computer...

kings_niners

i think there needs to be more ramp options for the wider RHW's, we have a million of them for the RHW 4 but only two options for the 8 and 10. Can't wait for those toll booth's though. it'll bring in a lot more cash for me $%Grinno$%

Tarkus

Quote from: kings_niners on August 06, 2009, 02:21:31 AM
i think there needs to be more ramp options for the wider RHW's, we have a million of them for the RHW 4 but only two options for the 8 and 10.

I agree fully there.  There likely will be some included in the next release. :)

-Alex

sithlrd98

Quote from: Ryan B. on August 05, 2009, 06:28:38 AM
Mighty MORPHin' Curves? 

I like.  Nice work, smoncrie!

And they can do a lot more! Making most of my mods obsolete...but its worth it!

Jayson