• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

"Sinking" into"Soft" Land

Started by Sorengaard, April 21, 2008, 12:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorengaard

Whenever I use a map that has hills or most any other kind of raised land I have the problem that whatever I put down "sinks" into the ground.  This then creates cliffs and all other kinds of difficulties in trying to build up the area.  Is there a "trick" or something that I can't see to eliminate this problem of sinking into the ground just because it is elevated?  Is there a way to pack down the ground so it won't sink? I don't want to only use maps that have flat land. But I haven't figured out yet how to work the other. 

Thanks for any help.   Steve

writingliberty

If you play with the building alignments (which way the arrow is pointing) on civic buildings, they will level the land they are on to be equal with their road access arrow. So in your situation you'd want to make sure this was on one of the uphill sides.

With RCI zones it's a bit more tricky, but this also is generally true.

SC4BOY

Note that there are several tools for making "sinks".. some are more gradual than others .. each has its application.. Also there is the SC4Terraformer which is a much more general purpose "land shaping" program.. you might try it.. Personally I don't think I've ever had the problem you describe.. perhaps you should post a pic