• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

why it's so big???

Started by sarungman, March 09, 2007, 05:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarungman

i have made a BAT model using SC4BAT, and i'm going to edit it in LOT editor.... but, why it's so big(in size :P) in LOT editor??? how do i scale it???

BTW,...i'm asking in a right place right???? dont tell me if i'm doing a mistake in this forum again....... :-[
:::=:::=:::=:::=:::=:::

please wait for my return :D
-AsianEvolusioner AKA Sarungman

jestarr

Without a picture, it's a little hard to tell, but you may not have zoomed in far enough when starting your model.  Try this.  Open your model and create a rectangle 3.5 meters high and 1.5 meters wide.  This will equate, roughly, to a standard door size.  Compare the rectangle to your model.  If you used the "squares" shown when the BAT opens, your model will be 100% larger than it should be.  If so, select all the parts of your model and group them.  Use the rotate and scale tool and scale your model to 10% of the original.  Then check again against the rectangle to see if it's better.  Also check your settings.  Look to see if generic units is checked and the grid is set to 1 meter with major lines every 16 meters.  You'll find these settings under the "Customize" tab.

sarungman

u wanna see the pic?? but i have only one when it's in LOT EDITOR

ya.... thats it... it's not finish yet(i make it in 10 minute and 1.5 minutes randering)... i just want to try if i can export it into SC4.....

if u see... it's too big for this thing, right?

okay, about your guide, i'll try to fix it tommorow... becoz i wanna sleep now.....:thumbsup:

jeronij

It is obviously a scale probelm in the BAT.

When you are in the BAT, zoom in until zoom = 1 meter  (default is zoom = 16 meters) . This will give you the right scale.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Rayden

I'm a really noob at 3dmodelling, but that is one of the few things I can answer you back. Select you model parts using "H", no lods or cams, group them, right-click this button and scale it down or up using those option boxes.

sarungman

wow... seems like it's already fit there... thank u for all ur guide..... now i can continue makin 3DModel.... :thumbsup: