• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Bats

Started by vester, August 16, 2013, 03:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Looks good but roof texture is really weird  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

Quote from: Girafe on August 20, 2015, 01:30:09 PM
Looks good but roof texture is really weird  ::)

Care to elaborate on how it's weird?

Props & Texture Catalog

carlfatal

I like the dirt in the backyard, and it is a good decision to let the front cleaner.  :thumbsup:

JP Schriefer

I liked it, looks cool :)

vortext

Viewing this on a small telephone screen makes it hard to judge the textures, however, the dormers at the back are a great addition!   :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

romualdillo

The new textures look good!!! The lower part looks too sharp for my taste, perhaps giving more transparency to the layer?  :thumbsup:

vester

A request: Is there someone that can HELP ME convert some igs files to 3ds or max ?  ;)

Not sure what program the igs file format is from.

art128

According to google:

QuoteIGS is a 2D/3D vector graphics format based on the Initial Graphics Exchange Specification (IGES). An IGS file is composed of 80-character ASCII records, a record length derived from the original punched card era. It can be used by many CAD programs as a standard ASCII text-based format for saving and exporting vector data, and can store wireframe models, surface or solid object representations, circuit diagrams, and other objects. The IGS format has become the default standard file format for transferring 3D model files between the different CAD software packages.

Source

If I understand correctly, you can open them in autoCAD?

Props & Texture Catalog

c.p.

Are these really old files?  It appears my old DOS version of AutoCAD will import those files, but not my "newer" (i.e. 16 years old) version.  Give me a PM and I'll try to convert it to .dxf and/or .3ds.

EDIT: Have you tried importing via 3dsmax?  I just checked and in my version, under Files->Import, there is an options to import .igs files.  (But I'm using an old version.)

vester

Found a way to convert these files. Some problems with units conversion.

Did try to import it into 3ds max, but got an error message.

Thank you for your offer of help.

vester

Been a little quite, well ... that is just how life goes.

Here is little something new:

A Danish dutch mill, Fuglevad Mill that stands on the Danish Open Air Museum / Frilandsmuseet.

(As always click on the pictures to get a bigger version)

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Nicely modeled. The shape of the roof reminds me of Orthodox Churches.

I need to talk to you on Skype, whenever you have some time, can you log in?

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Sweet little thing :)  :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

Working slow along the model:

Added doors and windows and supports for the platform. Still need 4 support beams over the gateways.

Simcoug

romualdillo

FrankU

Hmmmm, nice indeed!
We have this kind of mills in the Netherlands too. I could use it for a fifth set of Dutch Windmills.

vester

FrankU: Ohh, so you do have Dutch mills in the Netherlands! How strange ;)

Still need to model the tail / back of the wings:

Arthur: Will get in contact, when I can.