• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Bats

Started by vester, August 16, 2013, 03:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romualdillo

This is going great!!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: vester on January 09, 2016, 02:34:03 PM
An quick update:

Think I will change the top of the columns.

Yes, I think they look too big for that place.

vester

TY, R.

Will have an extra look to see if I somehow can get the train doors to fit the rythme of the windows above...
or find some where between the two widths.

Nick I will get back to you about some textures.

JP Schriefer

This buiding looks very nice :)

vester

romualdillo: Is the top of the columns better ?

Had a look at the width of the train doors, it looks spot on. Maybe adding a little extra height to the ground floor and the train doors as well.

Nick:
One of these:

Transition on sidetrack like this, doesn't have to be as long as the ones on the main tracks.
Leaning toward the last two.

Simmer2

2 tiles transition with half tile offset should be feasible without compromising turning radius too much.   
I will make a few mock ups based on both DTR and STR to DW and pass them on to you.
Then you can pick what works for your model.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

Quote from: vester on January 15, 2016, 10:24:04 AM
romualdillo: Is the top of the columns better ?

Had a look at the width of the train doors, it looks spot on. Maybe adding a little extra height to the ground floor and the train doors as well.

Nick:
One of these:

Transition on sidetrack like this, doesn't have to be as long as the ones on the main tracks.
Leaning toward the last two.

Best fit would be this. 640x192.
DTR to DW left offset.

The others are nearly impossible to make with just 2 tiles for offset due to the complexity of the splits.
See if you can incorporate that one in your model.
I may have to build the others pixel by pixel which takes time and they will definitively look bad due to the rather tortuous angles on such short distance.

*Edit* It turns out I could make the second choice and 1 tile shorter to boot, plus I followed Willy's advice and made 2 more with concrete at the end.  :thumbsup:
Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Swordmaster

Great building Arne! Looking forward to the texturing.

Quote from: Simmer2 on January 15, 2016, 01:10:18 PM
Best fit would be this. 640x192.
DTR to DW left offset.
*snip*
The others are nearly impossible to make with just 2 tiles for offset due to the complexity of the splits.
See if you can incorporate that one in your model.
I may have to build the others pixel by pixel which takes time and they will definitively look bad due to the rather tortuous angles on such short distance.

Nick

I'd suggest not letting the ballast go straight up to the building. Have 2/3 of the last tile end in a concrete slab with only the rails going on that. This is what usually happens when tracks enter buildings. Like this:

Cheers
Willy

Simmer2

*Cough*.......Just saw that^^^^, Willy.
Dang, now where did I put that concrete slab?

STR to DW 3 choices.

I will find concrete texture and re-do it.
Back in a few....

*Edit* added pics.

vester

Looks great. Maybe some dirt (darken area) to follow the tracks like on the gravels ?
The transition between gravel and concrete should be soften up some.
Have a look at some of the transition between road/street and dirt road.

Might need to extent the concrete slabs to the edge of the lot.

Simmer2

Quote from: vester on January 16, 2016, 09:25:20 AM
Maybe I could get a copy of the Gimp files, so I can play around with them ?

Arne.
Those are png's with transparencies using the 128 pixel format. Just right click each one and save. Then open them in Gimp, modify them, slice them and save them in whatever format you wish.
I used Photoshop to make them.
If you absolutely want them in Gimp .xcf format let me know.

Nick

vester

Photoshop is what I mainly use, so that would just be great.

Simmer2

Quote from: vester on January 16, 2016, 09:38:58 AM
Photoshop is what I mainly use, so that would just be great.

I'm not on my workstation, these are in png format with transparencies. https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5r1tc6yk20rwgx/PNGS.zip?dl=0
Just open them in Photoshop and do whatever changes you like then save them in PSD format. I made them with the 128 pixel rule, so have fun. ;)

Nick.

vester

Thanks Nick.

I will have to do with that then. Thank you.

At the moment I am try to look into animation of a post mill and on how its constructed.

vester

Been playing around with new textures on a bat of mine:

Still a few textures that needs updating, like replacing the last copper texture with a zinc texture etc.

Been battling some export problems, but got it finale figure out.
Only took be two weeks. :P

vester

An update version:

Think I will adjust the roof texture, looks a bit off.

art128

Well I guess it's finally time you finish some of your old BATs.... :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

manga rivotra

I love this church and i'm looking forward to play with ! :thumbsup:

romualdillo

Good job! The brick texture didn't look bad either &Thk/(, but I think I prefer the previous roof texture...  :thumbsup:

Shark7

Quote from: vester on July 23, 2016, 05:55:08 AM
An update version:

Think I will adjust the roof texture, looks a bit off.

That is a very nice looking cathedral. 

vester

Well its actually not a cathedral. Its just a church, but a big one.
When it was building it was build next to one of the Kings Castles.

Here is the brick version romualdillo mention:

Just a test lot to see how it looks.

romualdillo: Been looking at pictures of stone churches. Still to see any with copper roof. Might have to work a little more on them Make them a bit dirty ect.

Shark7. There is no need to include the pictures in the quote. Pretty sure that everybody would know what you were talking about anyway.