• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

Here is one of mine.  An area that is slowly being taken over by Suburban Sprawl.   

Terring7

Old pictures from an old project. Rebuilding all Maxis-made towns on my way of playing.

I miss playing Simcity 4 :(
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

StegSC

This region is quickly becoming my best ever. Hand terraformed, now the detailed work starts.

Find my old CJs at Simtropolis-Link To Profile at ST

Gugu3

StegSC

Find my old CJs at Simtropolis-Link To Profile at ST

carlfatal

Since years I work on this region (with pauses). Recently I started digging creeks...

AsimPika3172

Welcome to Borneo map! Featuring Sabah, Sarawak (under Malaysia), Brunei and Kalimantan (under Indonesia)!

Special thanks to @Xephren for making this map as my request! It takes few days and weeks for rendering maps.
Next job is improve the maps, before start making cities!  :popcorn:  :thumbsup:

Admin edit: While SC4D does not have a strict image limit, this one is far too large in its present form.  I've downsized it and added a link to the full version.  -Tarkus
I loves Sim City forever!

eggman121

@AsimPika3172

you should probably edit the image size for viewing on this site.

use the image tags to control the size of the image shown in this code....

[img width=1024]image link[/img]

Recommended width size is 1024 Pixles (px)

-eggman121

AsimPika3172

OK! Thanks for change the picture size! :)
I loves Sim City forever!

Moe31

Hello everyone! Working on a region I've started one or two years ago!   :)

Seaman

@Moe31: Wow! I remember the first pictures you showed us a while ago. It sure has grown since then...

looks very cool  &apls

Moe31

Thank you Seaman! I'll start a topic once I will have finished this first region. I'll present this country while starting the second region!

CasperVg

Click for bigger versions of the images.
Does someone know why sometimes the road (non highways) end up black, and sometimes white in the region transport view, by the way? To me it seems kind of random ???
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Kitsune

I believe (and somebody may correct me) it is because your using the RHW transport view. If you do not view a data view before saving (ie the pipes the view) it'll turn everything black. Using a dataview turns only the RHW black.
~ NAM Team Member

Haljackey

Updated region view. Mountainous area now filled in with farms and development.

Images are quite large - click for full size!

Haljackey

Transport region view with highway names and plans + named bodies of water

Gray highways are unnamed or unsigned

... is a potential / proposed highway

Large image - best to view in full size by clicking here!

huzman

CasperVg: You took the words out of my mouth! I noticed that in the Region's Transport map the colors and sizes are different from the menu.

I wonder this can be fixed...
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

fantozzi

Imho this maps needs a crime novel: "Murder on Slayton Bridge."

dyoungyn

Actually, based on my experience, when one opens up the map with RHW/NAM on the map, the roads turn black when one does not view the transportation view before saving.  This does not happen when one has no roads or highways.  Rather aggravating indeed to have to view the Transportation view each time one opens up a map, but this appears to be an issue with the region view.  Oh well, not biggy, just open the transportation view and save immediately so your roads turn to white. 

Quote from: Kitsune on May 24, 2018, 01:40:24 PM
I believe (and somebody may correct me) it is because your using the RHW transport view. If you do not view a data view before saving (ie the pipes the view) it'll turn everything black. Using a dataview turns only the RHW black.

Seaman

Quote from: dyoungyn on November 12, 2018, 09:50:31 AM
Actually, based on my experience, when one opens up the map with RHW/NAM on the map, the roads turn black when one does not view the transportation view before saving.

I have the impression that this works only if you are not in pause. So I got used to open the transport view (and the query as well, just to be sure) and let the simulation run for a couple of days...