• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Game update

Started by Jonathan, April 10, 2009, 02:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

I've been trying to apply the BAT update, and it keeps returning an error saying the dat(Simcity_1.dat) doesn't match, but a file with the same name was found.

This is probably because I have modified the SC_1.dat somewhere since I installed the game,(even though I shouldn't have, I know)

So what can I do about it? Copy the original SC_1.dat from the CD?

Jonathan

Andreas

Since the SC4 updates are patches (that modify the original file, rather than replacing it), you need an exact copy of the file(s) that got installed. I guess copying it from the CD manually should do the trick, if not, uninstall the game and do a fresh reinstall, then apply the patches immediately after the installation. This has always worked for me after reinstalling the game (i. e. after a fresh Windows installation).
Andreas

Jonathan

Thanks, I copied it over and it worked :)

well the patch worked, but none of the CAM buildings have lights on? Do they have lights?

All the buildings that I can see aren't maxis don't have lights, and I'm assumming at least some of the buildings I have installed must have night lights?

Jonathan

JoeST

you have to get the nightligting patch, or do you have that?

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Andreas

It's called "SC4Update4BAT.exe", just in case you're not sure.
Andreas

Jonathan

Yep that's what I installed

But as far as I can see no nightlights on any of the [non maxis] buildings.

Jonathan

Andreas

Did you check the version of the "SimCity 4.exe" file? It should be 1.1.640.0
Andreas

Jonathan

No it's 1.1.610.0 atm?

I had applied the patch called "UPDATE_SKU2_TO_P1_B638.EXE"?

EDIT: My dad's laptop simcity 4 version was 1.1.638.0(ie had SKU 2 update installed) copied that over then tryed to BAT Update
it, version number didn't change.
Applied the BAT Update on my dad's laptop, it stayed at 1.1.638.0?
Are you sure it is meant to be 1.1.640.0

Also in the patch log it says something about "RUSHHOUR.EXE" and "DELUXE.EXE", but nothing about SimCity 4.exe?

It's irritating me a lot now that it just WONT work.  :angrymore:

Jonathan

k808j

What version of SC4 do you have? plain SC4, deluxe or rush hour.

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

Jonathan

Deluxe,
After trying to patch my game (I admit I did click the patch more than once) the filesize changed radically and the game stopped working, but luckily Vista has the previous versions feature, so it's working, without night lights, but that's where I'll leave it.
Thanks,
Jonathan

Rayden

Your problem Jonathan is what most people do, by not reading the instructions/readme/manuals all the way until the end. This is the link to all that matters about updating this game on this site - http://www.sc4devotion.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=42&Itemid= - and this is the file that updates your game to v.1.1.640.0 - Sim City 4 Buildings Update - 14.4 MB.

The SKU you need is indeed the SKU2 (if your game was bought in Europe) and after updating it will show as:

Update: 1.1.638.0
Date: Friday, November 14, 2003
Update Size: 16Mb

Only after this update you can then apply the update above - Sim City 4 Buildings Update - which will update the game to v.1.1.640.0

You can find that update in here - http://www.sc4devotion.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=44&Itemid=

My advise, uninstall everything, and reinstall it again following all the steps the right way. Don't forget to make backups if any, of the plugins folder, regions folder and /English/SimCityLocale.dat (only if you changed left to right hand traffic).
And read this thread - http://www.sc4devotion.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&Itemid= - before anything.

Cheers
Silvio

Jonathan

I read that page, as it's where I got the updates from.
I installed the SKU2 update, but the version number didn't change. Also when I installed on my Dad's laptop it didn't change.
And the EXE has changed size between 3MB, 7 MB and 8MB randomly when installing the patches.

I would reinstall if I could find Disc 2, (only found disc 1, which has the EXE on it thankfully)(I don't know if I can use the mounted disk 2 image to install?)

But I've managed without night lights since I've had the game, so I guess I can manage without them now.

Jonathan

Rayden

Quote from: Jonathan on April 11, 2009, 03:54:52 AM
I read that page, as it's where I got the updates from.
I installed the SKU2 update, but the version number didn't change. Also when I installed on my Dad's laptop it didn't change.
And the EXE has changed size between 3MB, 7 MB and 8MB randomly when installing the patches.

I would reinstall if I could find Disc 2, (only found disc 1, which has the EXE on it thankfully)(I don't know if I can use the mounted disk 2 image to install?)

But I've managed without night lights since I've had the game, so I guess I can manage without them now.

Jonathan

One question, was your game bought in Europe, or you ordered from somewhere else?

Also, check your game files against these stats bellow:

SKU2 updated files:

* SimCity 4.exe should be updated to version 1.1.638.0. File size should be 8,407,514 (Deluxe) or 8,407,542 (Rush Hour)

* Graphics Rules.sgr should be updated to 20,171 bytes

* SimCity 1.dat should be updated to 144,596,245 bytes

* SimCity 2.dat should be updated to 168,588,181 bytes

* SimCity 3.dat should be updated to 115,117,583 bytes

* SimCity 4.dat should be updated to 125,624,858 bytes

* Danish\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,791,614 bytes

* Finnish\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,790,624 bytes

* French\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,854,415 bytes

* German\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,845,149 bytes

* Italian\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,852,312 bytes

* Spanish\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,832,055 bytes

* Swedish\SimCityLocale.dat should be updated to 1,792,859 bytes

zomg92

Can you help me with my problem too?Because it is really frustrating! :bomb:
I downloaded SimCity 4 Deluxe the US version (sku 1).Everithing goes fine with the install,I get in a different folder the crack for the game with the size of 7.524.352 bytes version 1.1.610.0
I downloaded the sku 1 update and the BAT patch for the nightlights,when I update the game and check the changes on the list on this site,everything changes except for the crack,that is the .exe file in Apps.And when I run the BAT patch too,it says that everything is finished with no problems...I run the game and check the night lights and as you have expected-there are NO nightlights...PLEASE HELP ME!

I have a Microsoft XP Professional version 2002 Service Pack 3, Intel Core(TM)2 Duo CPU, 3.00 GHz, 2 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT video card...Hope this helps...

:-[

sithlrd98

Quote from: zomg92 on May 03, 2009, 11:58:25 AM
Can you help me with my problem too?Because it is really frustrating! :bomb:
I downloaded SimCity 4 Deluxe the US version (sku 1).Everithing goes fine with the install,I get in a different folder the crack for the game with the size of 7.524.352 bytes version 1.1.610.0
I downloaded the sku 1 update and the BAT patch for the nightlights,when I update the game and check the changes on the list on this site,everything changes except for the crack,that is the .exe file in Apps.And when I run the BAT patch too,it says that everything is finished with no problems...I run the game and check the night lights and as you have expected-there are NO nightlights...PLEASE HELP ME!

I have a Microsoft XP Professional version 2002 Service Pack 3, Intel Core(TM)2 Duo CPU, 3.00 GHz, 2 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT video card...Hope this helps...

:-[

Because you downloaded a pirated copy and are using a no cd/.exe Crack , you will not be able to properly apply the SC4Update4BAT. My suggestion , spend the 20 bucks and by a legit copy!

Jayson

Pat

Hi there zomg92 unfortunately that will be the only way you can go is to spend the few bucks and buy the game... Then you can register your copy and get all the proper updates to make the game enjoyable...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

zomg92

so that was the problem!  :-[ shish If I knew this before I would buy it already...lol Thanks!  :D

Pat

No problem there at all zomg92... if you have problems finding the game in a local store, don't forget the net  ;) Shoot you might get a cheaper deal on the net then in a store anyways butttt if its a used copy bewarned you might have troubles registering that copy since it was already registered....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jonathan

If you buy a legitimate copy, you can download a cracked EXE that means you don't have to put the CD in right?

Jonathan