• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Very nice teaser, Dave. Never thought I'd see the day when there would be so much as an ant hill in your MD, much less a mountain! You've developed quite a talent for terraforming, though.

Looks like you've done a fine job of winding that railroad around through the ups and downs of that rough terrain. I'm eager to see some close-ups of the new quad, and relieved to see Clontarf rescued from the jaws of the dreaded inactive thread. :thumbsup:

Later...
Joan

Nardo69

Promising teaser as Papa Nardo's old eyes did spot some nice railways ....  ;)  :D

Instead of creating a pass and interrupting that ridge you could've built a tunnel,  too but a pass works fine, too.

Tale care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

ecoba

I have to agree with Joan on this one, Dave. Such a large ridge is unusual for Clontarf. I'm glad to hear that the terraforming is going well on this quad and the pass through the ridge looks like it could be pretty promising. And like Papa, I'm glad to see some railways; you always make excellent use of them.  :)

Ethan

djvandrake

Wow!  That terrain is so interesting, and it looks super challenging to work on.

threestooges

Nice start on things Dave. Having the Cajon Pass not too far from here, I'm interested to see what you do with this. Grades are always fun to work with, especially in SC4 with a slope mod on, but it seems you're managing things quite well. Don't forget things like staging areas at the bottom so longer trains can be broken down into more manageable bits if necessary. As for Nardo's comment about the tunnels, while they are an option, I think the method you chose is more realistic in terms of the impact on the pocketbook. Looking forward to the next update.
-Matt

canyonjumper

Nice teaser Dave! Interesting to see what you do here ;D

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Battlecat

Cool to see some nice high mountains!  Gives you a great opportunity to play with the curves I see!  Looking forward to more as always!

Nanami

Tomas Neto

art128

Pretty nice teaser there, Dave ! Can't wait to see what you'll put next to that railway !

Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

tooheys

Hi Guys

Update is coming soon I hope.

Thanks for all the comments and I'll try not to keep you waiting much longer.

Dave

Silur

You constructed real excellent railroad.  &apls :thumbsup:

threestooges

Looking forward to the update when you have it ready Dave. No rush on it, and until then take it easy.
-Matt

planetechef

Really nice, it's one thing i don't know yet, it's to use the terraformer and build a nice mountain view, well you did it, really well done, i can't wait to see more of this   ;) by the way, can i ask you wich rock mod you use ?
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

art128

Can't wait to see the new update Dave, the last one was really nice.

-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

tooheys

Hi guys.

Thanks for the additional comments, it is appreciated.

I have been trying to avoid this moment, but unfortunately since my last post RL has kicked up another notch or two and I just haven't the time to put together updates to the standard I'm happy with.

So I regret that Clontarf will be taking a holiday for a while. Hopefully things will settle down again over the next month or two and I can get back to work.

Of course I will still be a regular around SC4d.

So the sims of Clontarf hope to be back with you soon.

Until then

Cheers

Dave

TheTeaCat

Hey Dave - I know exactly what that is like, no worries mate we'll still be here :thumbsup:
I'll keep the kettle brewing for you mate whenever you need a cuppa ;)

Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Nardo69

Hey Dave,

take the time you need and come back when you feel like coming back and when you have the time for coming back.

Not much people know better than me that sometimes you just cannot avoid a hiatus ...!

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

ecoba

Dave-

It happens to everyone at one time or another, doesn't it ? RL is of course inevitable, and I find this completely understandable.

We'll all be awaiting your return anxiously, knowing that you'll just bring more amazing work !

Ethan :)

Tomas Neto

I hope that you can to return quickly, my friend!!!  :thumbsup: