• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to build Functional Underpasses with FLUPs (NAM)

Started by Chrisim, May 17, 2010, 02:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Wow, awesome job with this tutorial! I'm still getting familiar with how FULPs work, so this really helped!

io_bg

Hello, Chrisim,
First of all, nice tutorial. Unfortunately I'm having problems with placing an on-slope street FLUP. Bellow I've attached a picture so that you can see what is the problem. What could be causing that?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

JoeST

Quote from: io_bg on May 20, 2010, 04:40:42 AM
Hello, Chrisim,
First of all, nice tutorial. Unfortunately I'm having problems with placing an on-slope street FLUP. Bellow I've attached a picture so that you can see what is the problem. What could be causing that?
Does the lift happen after you drag the street into the piece? then it would be the fault of your slope mod (I think thats what its called, not played in a long time)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

canyonjumper

Awesome tutorial Chris! This is gonna be useful!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

io_bg

Joe, thank you, after removing the slope mod the problem didn't occur any more :)

Ciuu96

Quote from: Chrisim on May 17, 2010, 03:07:54 PM
Using NOB's Sunken GLR transit-enabled lots (re-modded, it will be re-uploaded soon at the LEX), it will be possible to build a sunken GLR (tram) network. The following images show only the transition lot of NOB's Sunken GLR (tram), but there are more lots included in the set for which the same rules hold.

Are these already uploaded to LEX? If not, when will they come? I really want these to my cities, it would look so cool! :)
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Tarkus

Quote from: Ciuu96 on May 22, 2010, 07:08:14 AM
Are these already uploaded to LEX? If not, when will they come? I really want these to my cities, it would look so cool! :)

Not yet.

-Alex

RogerRon91

Um well .... I know my English is enhanceable. =)

Paul 999

Where can i find the RHW-FLUPs ramp and the RHW pieces?

Great work, this tool is very useful  :)

Tarkus

Quote from: Paul 999 on May 25, 2010, 11:53:45 AM
Where can i find the RHW-FLUPs ramp and the RHW pieces?

Great work, this tool is very useful  :)

They're under the Road/RHW Puzzle Pieces button, at the end of the TAB Loop (just hit "Shift-TAB" and you'll get right to them).

-Alex

MOREOPTIONS

Hello, sorry to bother you. but I cant seem to locate the flup peace to go under water.  would you be able to show that as well...  having trouble getting threw the peaces. as the tabbing then they change when your using the home /end keys,. it gets confusing a little....lol :)

io_bg

There's no special flup piece for that purpose. You can plop whichever piece you want under the water. :)

Quan

It still dosn't explain how place an underground "ROAD" under a large building or, for example, an airport!!! ()sad()

Tarkus

Quote from: Quan on November 24, 2010, 09:46:58 PM
It still dosn't explain how place an underground "ROAD" under a large building or, for example, an airport!!! ()sad()

We can't explain that simply because unfortunately, it's impossible at this time.

-Alex

JeeKTan

You can't build FLUP under a building. If you plop a FLUP puzzle pieces on top of buildings, it will cause the "Immortal Lot Syndrome". Use other alternatives like road-subway to overcome this problem.

Believe it or not, Haruhi Suzumiya is actually autistic :P
Simcity 4 Multiplayer Mode is now live : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11945.0
Visit Northport : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11746.0
Take part in BlueHope The New Interactive Journal : http://bluehopecj.freeforums.org/index.php

mightygoose

vut we have an immortal lot destroyer so what is the issue?
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Quan

()what() Is there a tutorial, perhaps an ingame one, that i could make a road tunnel under my airport??????

Quan

&idea Why hasn't anyone figured out how to use the regular "road tunnel" pieces that are already in the game. Those or something similar to these would be terrific and have them that you click and drag for placing a straight or diagonal route. I'm surprised that none of these sets have that function. Is it realy that hard to do?????????????

Glazert

@Quan: People have worked out how to use regular road tunnels, and there are plenty of pictures on SC4Devotion confirming this. Make use of a ground lowering tool, preferably with a slope mod. You are confined to orthogonal (straight) tunnels, due to a built in limitation of the game. It was in part to overcome this limitation that FLUPs were invented, but someone would have to make pieces to go under e.g. runways.

jdenm8

Also, FLUPs can make underwater tunnels, whereas the game's built-in tunnels cannot.

However, I think you mean Draggable Capability.

I think it hasn't been done due to the multi-purpose nature of FLUPs. FLUPs are capable of carrying traffic for every transit network aside from Subway (must be converted to ElRail first), Rail and Monorail.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley