• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Tunnels.

Started by TheTeaCat, November 25, 2006, 07:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khiyana

This is a very interesting tunnel entrance! I like it a lot! :thumbsup:

Yoman

Oh I saw those models on Turbosquid and though they were quite funny. Nice application!

ElPhantasmo69

Simgoober released them some time ago and I thought this would be a great use for them.  ;)

bat

That is a very great picture of the tunnel, ElPhantasmo69 :thumbsup:

meldolion

Who would dare enter a tunnel like that???

Wonderful portal!

thundercrack83

Wow! Your tunnel is ominous, ElPhantasmo69! Great job!

Yoman

Really? I've never seen them before on STEX or anywhere, but I did see the models on turbosquid as stated and since I know you shop there alot assumed you got em :)

ElPhantasmo69

Yeah, I just looked through my plugins folder and they're definitely SG's, but I can't find 'em on the STEX at all.

Ennedi

Great work, Khiyana, jayo and El Phantasmo!  :thumbsup:

Here's some of mine, what do you think about it?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

ElPhantasmo69

Wow Ennedi! I REALLY like your tunnel!!  &apls

Zaphod

yeah me too

everything...just fits

did you alter the water with photoshop?
War Kittens !?

Ennedi

Thank you, ElPhantasmo69 an Zaphod for nice comments!

Zaphod, I imroved the contrast on all pictures (not much, just a bit). The third one is slightly brightened. But I didn't alter the color of water. This is an Ocean River Mod. There are some options in it, I have shallow water in greenish color.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

demoreno

OK.  I'm relatively new at using these plugins, but I am completely blow away by these ideas.   I have a question, though, which I'm sure has been posted many times:   

How do you run a road tunnel underwater?   I try to run highways and roads, but my only option is a bridge.   Is there some sort of plugin or building road tunnels or is there some sort of technique being used to trigger SC4 to give you a tunnel option accross a body of water?

Thanks for your help.

Masochist

demoreno: To build an underwater tunnel, what you have to do is raise up the land all the way across the body of water where you want the tunnel to cross, then build your tunnel.  Once it's built, you can lower the land again right back to where it was, and as long as you don't demolish the entrances to the tunnel, it'll still be there.
(Under Construction)

CasperVg

Quite of a bump, but that shouldn't matter on these threads, right?

Two pictures of a sunken highway tunnel that digs itself trough a meandering river.

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

bat

Two great pictures there of the tunnel! Nice work, caspervg! :thumbsup:

dsrwhat316

here are a few of old ones from me:

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

TheTeaCat

some nice additions there Dan &apls &apls

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Yes, wonderful pictures of your city, Dan! Wonderful work! :thumbsup:

rodrigogua

Here's one of mine. Classic underwater tunnel. Hope you guys like it. The area around it is still undeveloped.