• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TEASER : New tool in the hood

Started by wouanagaine, June 01, 2007, 01:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mittfh

Quote from: Warrior on January 24, 2009, 09:05:59 AM
Ok it'll be just as good,
maybe after you could make a 'simple' import/export tool that works on Vista? ;)

Not quite what you're after, but I have a feeling SFBT's "SC4Tool" can import textures, and iLive's Reader can export them (although you'll need a third program to convert them into a "normal" graphics file!)

And when Wouanagaine's life finally settles down to the extent that he can devote some free time to developing the X tool, just bear in mind one golden rule of programming:
The first half of a project takes the first 90% of the time.
The second half takes the other 90%.

JoeST

Quote from: mittfh on February 05, 2009, 03:41:20 PMThe first half of a project takes the first 90% of the time.
The second half takes the other 90%.
And then you have to test it...
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

LoL and that would be what another 99.999 %

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

BarbyW

toxicpiano

sithlrd98

BarbyW

Maybe this year. The only person who knows is on holiday with no Internet connection until the middle of next month.

toxicpiano

joelyboy911

This looks like a really great tool. I cant wait to try it out at some point.

If, Wouanagaine, or anyone, you are lost for ideas as to a new tool (surely this would never happen), then a batch Plug-In manager would be a really great one to have. 
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

BarbyW

Not sure what you mean by a batch PluginManager.

RebaLynnTS

I think he means a version of PIM that you can choose more than one model to use (Make props, etc) at a time.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

joelyboy911

Yes, as in so you can create similar descriptor files for many models simulatneously. Rather than having to drag each model over to the prop thing on the tree individually, and assign the values seperately too. Also, the extra functions of the reader, such as altering the time of day and chance to appear could be included also. If I knew how I would do it myself, but I do not possess Wouanagaine's genius or persistence.

Edit for the misspelling.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

dragonshardz

Quote from: joelyboy911 on July 29, 2009, 01:56:43 AM
Wouanagaine's genius or persistence.

And that's why we lowly mortals must simply watch in awe as he creates.

sithlrd98

I think that it may be way too difficult for anyone to create , essentially "the tool to rule all tools". Believe me , when you do get your hands on this , it will make Lotting/etc. so much easier! Reader is excellent in what it can do as is , SC4tool is indispensable for what it does, so instead of trying to fix what isn't broken , we get a replacement for 2 very somewhat incomplete tools! You'll see...trust me!

Quote from: dragonshardz on July 29, 2009, 09:02:34 PM
And that's why we lowly mortals must simply watch in awe as he creates.
Exactly!

Jayson

dragonshardz

Wait, Jayson, you have a copy?

You must share it with the entity (or me, at least).

(Just kidding. It hasn't been released, so I'll wait. Pirating is NOT okay.)

sithlrd98

Not even to someone in the same entity  :D Sorry , its against    :)

Jayson

Korot

Well, I don't expect it to be released any time soon, especially as wounagaine said somewhere in the fist pages that he expected this tool to be released in july of the same year, and that was in 2007.

Regards,
Korot