• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gayleau

Okay, forget my last question. I uninstalled everything then reinstalled; everything is working fine now. I have a feeling I installed another mod that conflicted. I will have to be more alert to the readme files. Thanks anyway.

MAS71

Hi there. :)

I got this report from Simren san on an our wiki in JPN.
I report today about a little problem of Transition Diagonal read to FAR(2x3).
Please look out this pic. You can see a strange path of it.

I could confirmed that UDI is worked normaly, and it have no big problem with a commuting times. ;)
but Simren san had one more problem when use this, An approval rating be downed.... &mmm

I don't know well about a SC4Path, so I don't able to judge that this is Big-problem or Little. $%Grinno$%
If you would it will be right, I'm looking forward to next update of NAM. ;)

Thanks reading.  :)

-Mas'71

FrankU

I have seen the same problem as MAS71.
I did not check the paths, so am not able to confirm that.
What I did check, though, was the fact that I see the green line (also with buses, blue line), but when I check the amount of traffic there seems to be noone lost in the false track. On both sides of the line I see the same amounts of buses and cars travelling over the road. So I thought it might be a graphical problem and I just played on....

Andreas

It seems to be a pathing error, and I think the NAM Team either fixed it already, or it will be fixed shortly. We are working on a bugfix release right now, which is, as you might have heard now and then here already, imminent. ;)
Andreas

z

Will this bugfix release include the fixes that were supposed to go into the A and B traffic simulators, but didn't?  These are rather important fixes.

CaptCity

Quote from: MAS71 on March 03, 2009, 02:10:45 AM
Hi there. :)

I got this report from Simren san on an our wiki in JPN.
I report today about a little problem of Transition Diagonal read to FAR(2x3).
Please look out this pic. You can see a strange path of it.

I could confirmed that UDI is worked normaly, and it have no big problem with a commuting times. ;)
but Simren san had one more problem when use this, An approval rating be downed.... &mmm

I don't know well about a SC4Path, so I don't able to judge that this is Big-problem or Little. $%Grinno$%
If you would it will be right, I'm looking forward to next update of NAM. ;)

Thanks reading.  :)

-Mas'71

Hello Mas71,

This issue has been reported here, and my understanding is a fix is in the works...

Andreas

Quote from: z on March 03, 2009, 04:59:19 AM
Will this bugfix release include the fixes that were supposed to go into the A and B traffic simulators, but didn't?  These are rather important fixes.

One has to provide me with those bugfixed - I got a set of modified Traffic Simulators for the January 2009 release, but unfortunately, my knowledge in that area is not sufficient enough to check if they were properly modded.
Andreas

MAS71

Thank you always for your reply so quickly. ;)
and I'm sorry to my report that alredy done in other thrad by CaptCity:-[
(Thanks for a link to that CaptCity. :))

@Z
Just to make sure,,,,
I using a traffic-simulators is "xxx_Z_Ultra.dat" in this case. ;)
but I did not yet confirmed with other simulators.

Thank you all. ;)
-Mas'71

z

Quote from: MAS71 on March 03, 2009, 07:07:02 PM
@Z
Just to make sure,,,,
I using a traffic-simulators is "xxx_Z_Ultra.dat" in this case. ;)
but I did not yet confirmed with other simulators.

The traffic simulator does not control pathing, so it doesn't matter which one you're using for your example.

Tarkus

Quote from: z on March 03, 2009, 04:59:19 AM

I will be taking a look into it.  :)

MAS71, I believe there's some sort of issue with a path being in the exact corner of the tile (+/-8 on both the X and Y values). 

-Alex

dedgren

I uploaded the fix to this bug

for the NAM Update Gods to incorporate today.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

richiedamien

I think this might be a simple question with a simple answer![/b] ()what()

I am wondering, because i couldn't find out on the forum if there is any chance to build a connection between regions with the new rail puzzle pieces?...

or do i have to do the connection on a ground level and then go up again, the reason i am asking this is that i wanted a continuation of the viaduct pieces not only for a real look, but also i have an avenue starting in the limit of another region and the logic would be connecting with the rail viaduct pieces.

Note that this avenue has one square space between the avenue and the beggining of the avenue. But i can't untill now connect thru the viaduct both regions, is there any way to do this or for now its not a possibility?

Cheers and congratulations to all people involved on the NAM, is a fantastic piece of work! &apls

Kman915

"$Deal"$ i downloaded the new 2009Nam and theres a problem with some of the pieces of the rual HWY. i cant get the arrows to turn from red to green and there only one that works the other pieces dont. and some selections i cant even see what im putting in and nothing changes when i press the tab key..CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM?? THANX &hlp
KMan

Blue Lightning

Kman: That seems to say that you did not update the NAM controller. You're going to want to DL the new controller HERE
When the installer propts you to select what to update, it is best to select "Update Both"
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Andreas

Quote from: richiedamien on March 04, 2009, 12:57:10 PM
I am wondering, because i couldn't find out on the forum if there is any chance to build a connection between regions with the new rail puzzle pieces?

Yes, this is possible. Use the regular Rail tool first and drag a ground Rail line, and then plop the Rail Viaduct puzzle pieces on top of it. :)
Andreas

VeTram

a simple question pls....i have an old unfinished region , that i had created without NAM , and i want to install NAM and finish it. Would i face any problem ? .. and also , if i want to uninstall NAM after playing for some period , will i face any problem either?
thanx
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

CraigKingOfIreland

Posted this a few pages back but didn't get a reponse  :P

A lot of the sidewalk textures won't show up for puzzle pieces for me. It happens on all of the el-rail over road, as well as when I use Sithlord's curved sidewalk mod (even though I have all the plugins)

Any help would be appreciated :)

FrankU

Adding NAM is possible.
Depending on the traffic controller you use there will be a shift in traffic problems and opportunities, like more congestion on one spot and less on another.

Deleting NAM will make it neccessary that you delete all NAM props from the cities. I think you can do it afterwards, but it will be a hell of a task and I doubt if you will be able to revive a city that has lost its NAM higways, rail, EL-rail, bridges, traffic controller etc.
I would not do that.

deathtopumpkins

Urgh... I'm already having a problem with the new NAM. Just installed it and whenever I go to play the game, as soon as I click anything in my city it crashes. Doesn't crash immediately upon loading, but for example if I select the road tool as soon as I click to drag the game crashes. I am not doing anything different except for having the new NAM.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Andreas

Hmm, did you select the proper installation folder, and made sure to pick the same plugins you had last time?
Andreas