• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

@droric

I have not had a chance to look at your signal since I have been at work. I will review your signals and make any adjustments as soon as I have the time.
Keep up the good work.

Here is some content that I have been working on while I have had free time...

End of the Line

OxO Crossing

OxD Crossing Still working on it though since I think the Orthogonal pole is a bit close to the track

enjoy!

-eggman121

art128

Loving the End of line piece, this has been missing from every overhead line mods.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MandelSoft

OK, here I have some catenary models ready in 3DS format. You do have to assign textures to it yourself, but I don't think that would be much of a problem.  ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Tb6LVuRM4QQ3hHXzB6X3oycDQ/edit?usp=sharing

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Swordmaster

Mark, that's a great start. Whether or not it makes sense on an STR line is hard to say for me, but DTR (and wider) variants will look really good. I also agree with the lot-based approach. T21'ing signals will reduce the user's ability to control placement and will complicate the catenary work. As for the texture wealthing, I want to take a look at the whole railway sidewalk thing and see what options we can ship to the user (no sidewalk option, grass-based sidewalk option, etc.), which will fix that problem.

&apls for Stephen. Those crossings and stubs are phenomenal!

Cheers
Willy

Gugu3

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Kuewr665

vortext

:o Fantastic work, those crossings are phenomenal!  :thumbsup: &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

droric

Quick update:  I used a park with neutral building lot with high wealth and I don't seem to have any of the issues with the rail tile wealth.  I plan on having 4 pieces in total STR, DTR, DTR+STR, DTR+DTR.  I can make more if theres demand.  So two 1 tile overhang variants and 2 more 2 tile variants.  I decided against having the split pieces since the ground would have to be completely flat for it to line up.

I made a few texturing changes to darken the metal color a bit although not black I think this might be a good compromise.  I also changed the textures a bit on the ladder (safety reasons! too rusty) and top rails to make them a bit more visible and added shell modifiers to pretty much everything for increased visibility.

I will start on making some additional single sided railway signals as well today as originally suggested by Swordmaster in another thread.

Here are the pieces as they stand right now.  Time to start on the other signals :)

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

whatevermind

:o Incredible work on the catenaries! And those signals are looking much better, too.

Indiana Joe

Damn eggman, that's all looking mighty fine.  Keep up the good work.   :thumbsup:

eggman121

Thank you so much for the support everybody ;D. I really astounded by the interest in this mod!

And well done Droric! those signal are really good. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

So today after work I have been playing around with wealth mapping and have yielded some great results. So if you place a high wealth plop Lot next to the track you get the B catenaries and Poles as shown...

The spacing is only 16 m and runs flush with the sagging ends of the A wire. You will have to place two lots together to make the wires run flush with both ends of the A wire or else there is a height discrepancy. Did I also say they slope conform...

Now if you use a Medium wealth Lot next to the track you get another variety of poles. For instance I have used Cogeo's rural stations which are medium wealth to get the next set of poles which can be used for stations. They are set back from the platform edge and also have foundations so they can function as normal gantry poles if needed.

Now for the record I have not modified Cogeo's Stations in any way shape or form. The wires are purely presented by placing lots next to the track. If you don't want to have any wires being uncovered by your lots such as having fencing lots, the wealth should be set to Low or No wealth. The T21's can be quite flexible but do have there limitations.

enjoy!

-eggman121 

gn_leugim

Shroud

Kuewr665

Gugu3

MTT9

You can call me Matt

cmdp123789

Hi, I posted some problems with the elevated pieces on the NAM forum... are those fixed yet? will you be posting an update with the fixes or will we have to wait until the pre release 2?

Shadow Assassin

Oh my. These are very sexy (insofar as catenaries can be :p).

How are you going to deal with the issue of transit-enabled lots?

Will you be providing a guide as to how to use these catenaries on lots properly for a seamless appearance?

Can't wait to try these catenaries, it's something that's always been missing from SC4... Until now.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!