• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

odrzutowiec

Much better than the old "futuristic" HSRP!  :thumbsup: Is it possible to add that fencing from your HSRP mod into ordinary railway?

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: art128 on October 19, 2014, 03:23:32 PM
Quote from: vinlabsc3k on October 19, 2014, 03:09:57 PM
snip...

If I recall correctly, they (the NAM team) said it would be added to the NAM in two versions as the focus of the next one wasn't on the RRW stuff yet.

I'd say I agree with that though. It's best to have a good, thoughtfully tested version of a mod before making it public. I'd personally hate to see this mod rushed so that it meets the next NAM release date. (not that there is one, "It will be released when it is ready" )

For this I write hope and not want!! ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

DJSun1981

Will we have the fixed RRW in the next NAM?

-) Crossroads
-) Some EL-RRW pieces
-) And all overpasses and so on

I would be happy to see the catenaries for RRW

When I drag and build I would like to CHOOSE the rrw WITH catenaries or WITHOUT catenaries......Is that possible?

eggman121

Quote from: DJSun1981 on October 20, 2014, 08:42:17 PM

I would be happy to see the catenaries for RRW

When I drag and build I would like to CHOOSE the rrw WITH catenaries or WITHOUT catenaries......Is that possible?

Catenaries probably won't feature in NAM 33 because of the inherent technicalities of the T21s and to answer your second question a RRW with cateneries and no catenaries is not possible because it would involve a SAM setup. Something which is not going to happen. The closest you will get is making the Monorail a HSRP network which will probably not feature until a few future revisions.

-eggman121

builder

Hello,

I seem to have a problem with my trains driving on rails. When I tried to use the u-drive-it to test the track, I couldn't drive the train because the mission stopped at once when the timer hit zero. I don't have any skins on trains or anything, just the RRW. When I start a mission, I see one carriage, which I assume is the front wagon of the train, and it's not on the track but at a 90 degree angle from it.

Does anyone know what is happening?

eggman121

noahclem

Looks fantastic  &apls  The smooth ortho to ortho switch will be great to have back!

eggman121

Quote from: noahclem on November 05, 2014, 01:03:48 AM
Looks fantastic  &apls  The smooth ortho to ortho switch will be great to have back!

Yeah I was always stumped why Willy's version did not make the cut for NAM32. I am sure that there where logistical reasons. That is why I made it again from scratch. I really wanted that switch so bad for my railways.

-eggman121

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Ok, that is an excellent addition! Number of times I've wanted to make such a switch.

Would it be possible to make a X switch like the one in the video? That would be excellent.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

FrankU

JonatanRaven

Is there any way to keep the functionality of rrw but modify the skin and texture?

For example, the rail catenary mod doesn't seem to work except on puzzle-pieces at the moment. Neither is it possible to change the underlying texture it seems.

eggman121

Quote from: JonatanRaven on January 20, 2015, 07:54:28 AM
Is there any way to keep the functionality of rrw but modify the skin and texture?

For example, the rail catenary mod doesn't seem to work except on puzzle-pieces at the moment. Neither is it possible to change the underlying texture it seems.

The catenary Mod does not work since there was a Base change for the Draggable components.

The RUM for RRW has some support for plundere's catenaries.

It can be found here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29279-rum-for-rrw/

-eggman121

JonatanRaven

Zeratai

Just to be sure... I downloaded Modular Railroad Crossing Props by jondor and try to use them with the Real Railway mod... then discovered that the real railway doesnt have compatibility with road street etc crossings? and also Modular Railroad Crossing Props by jondor CANNOT be used along Real Rail way? So, we need to build Rail apart from anything to avoid crossings?

eggman121

Quote from: Zeratai on February 25, 2015, 05:03:39 PM
Just to be sure... I downloaded Modular Railroad Crossing Props by jondor and try to use them with the Real Railway mod... then discovered that the real railway doesnt have compatibility with road street etc crossings? and also Modular Railroad Crossing Props by jondor CANNOT be used along Real Rail way? So, we need to build Rail apart from anything to avoid crossings?

The at grade level crossings have not been fully updated to RRW standards and thus have limited support for these crossings. The RRW uses a new dedicated base thus the T21 props are not compatible with the current RRW since the T21s are all IID based.

If you would like me to fix the problem I guess I could re-base the T21s and make it compatible with the RRW.

Although the RRW was released in NAM32 the RRW is still considered to be in its early stages. With the lead developer away there won't be much change in the near future for now.

-eggman121

Indiana Joe

Quote from: eggman121 on February 25, 2015, 07:24:35 PM
Quote from: Zeratai on February 25, 2015, 05:03:39 PM

The at grade level crossings have not been fully updated to RRW standards and thus have limited support for these crossings. The RRW uses a new dedicated base thus the T21 props are not compatible with the current RRW since the T21s are all IID based.

If you would like me to fix the problem I guess I could re-base the T21s and make it compatible with the RRW.

Although the RRW was released in NAM32 the RRW is still considered to be in its early stages. With the lead developer away there won't be much change in the near future for now.

-eggman121

The crossings themselves have been completed by Rivit and are available in this separate download.  Any railway props that have been made before the RRW came out won't work with it, as eggman said.

mgb204

Quote from: eggman121 on February 25, 2015, 07:24:35 PM

If you do this I'd love a copy, somewhere in all my texturing I failed to even notice these weren't showing up with RRW, but please don't make them special for me, I could always update my own T21's if need be :).

vester

Good to see you are still a live, Willy.

Been working on a few missing pieces for the viaduct to fit with the RRW:

Hope Stephen (eggman121) is still up for it.