• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

Holy Shizam Batman, say it aint so.  It really blows me and Robin away.  ;D &apls &apls &apls :bnn:

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Simcoug

And the FAR crossing is icing on the cake  :thumbsup:

Mero90

Jack_wilds

[horn blows] all tracks ahead!!...

well done... all looks promising good...  :thumbsup:

back to switch box

:popcorn:

Swordmaster

Thanks all! Jack Wilds, good to see you still around. :thumbsup:

Seems like the NWM has got it coming tonight! Rail overpasses across NWM networks are a frequently requested feature, one we can finally scrap from the list.

Here's another at grade crossing. Not quite the same as the last one! $%Grinno$%

Sidewalks. . .  The OWR and Avenue overpasses will have the sidewalk appear at all times. It's either that, or none at all. Easy to bring out a fix for that if you prefer it the other way, though.

Quote from: cmdp123789 on February 18, 2016, 11:33:09 AMMy good god that is looking excellent! Now, this question has nothing to do with that, but I was wondering.. based on the parallel rail lines, will we ever see a 4 track without the spacing in between? kind of a rail avenue I would say.. will we?

TTR and QTR are in the pipeline (as per the FAQ on the first page, which I just brought up to date). The NAM pipeline is quite long, though :D

Cheers
Willy

Gugu3

Willy this is seriously getting incredible!Who would have thought we could get so far???

Thanks!

Tyberius06

OMG!!!!

Finally it will be possible to build Rail overpasses above NWM! Just what I need in my city! :)

Thanks very much!!! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Girafe

Looks amazaing Willy  :thumbsup:,

You have been so productive since your come back  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

gn_leugim

Swordmaster

Thanks folks.

Quote from: Gugu3 on February 19, 2016, 01:13:51 AMWilly this is seriously getting incredible!Who would have thought we could get so far???

Thanks!

Far? We're nowhere! There's work for the next ten years :D

Right now, we are here though:

Still mulling a prettier solution for the TLA-7.

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Was there a Roman god of aqueducts? If so I think you're channeling his spirit in the age of railroads   ;D

InvisiChem

It would decrease the clearance between the roadway and and the bridge a bit, but instead of a support maybe a deck truss solution.

Just an idea for TLA7. The distances may not be too far to truly need the support, but with the truss setup, that would be guaranteed. :)
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

Themistokles

I wouldn't have expected myself to consider a wide road (even under a railway viaduct) to be beautiful, but well, here we are... :P

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 19, 2016, 08:00:44 PM
Still mulling a prettier solution for the TLA-7.

Maybe an idea would be to require a transition to AVE-6, so that no one risks crashing into the middle pillar?
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

vinlabsc3k

Maybe a traffic island as in the RHW-6/8C Overpass? ()what()
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

mgb204

Jondor used some props for this for TLA 7 crossings that blocked the middle turn lane, you could re-purpose them perhaps?

A special bridge would be cool though, although I appreciate making one from scratch is a lot of effort. Still, you could repurpose one of ML's El-Rail models and change the tracks. Two nice bridge models already exist for 3-tile crossings:

Perhaps worth considering?

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

compdude787

Yeah, either use a truss bridge (probably a through-truss bridge would be best) for the TLA-7 crossing or put an island in the middle such that the turn lane temporarily ends.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Swordmaster

Thanks folks, all good ideas. I'm inclined to go with Robin's.

Someone wanted an aqueduct? ;D

Cheers
Willy

gn_leugim