• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMX Official support thread

Started by wouanagaine, November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Well, I´m using Win7 X64 without the ServicePack1 (because with this pack SC4-Pim won´t work). That's not the problem here.

I tried to make a ploppable lot out of a farm field that I had just made. Maybe this is different then what you did, maybe I overlooked something. I think I remember that I also used LEprop to try to put it in the right menu. I did not succeed. It did not work the way I tried, but now maybe I can do it too!

vortext

@FrankU; as far as I'm aware the descriptor file for a farm field differs from ordinary rci types. Though I haven't tried to turn one into a ploppable it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't work at all. However, why would one even bother to do so? It's a simple 1x1 lot, shouldn't take too long to make a normal 1x1 ploppable lot and copy/past textures & props, should it?  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

jmyers2043

Quote from: FrankU on December 19, 2011, 03:19:51 AM
... I tried to make a ploppable lot out of a farm field that I had just made. ...

The closest I've ever come was to make an landmark lot with ID jobs. R$ Sims like to work on farms, ID, and CS$. I got Sims to travel to and from my 'fake farm field lot' which was 20X20 in size. \

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

FrankU

Quote from: vortext on December 19, 2011, 09:19:21 AM
@FrankU; as far as I'm aware the descriptor file for a farm field differs from ordinary rci types. Though I haven't tried to turn one into a ploppable it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't work at all. However, why would one even bother to do so? It's a simple 1x1 lot, shouldn't take too long to make a normal 1x1 ploppable lot and copy/past textures & props, should it?  ;)

Vortex, Yes, you are completely right. It takes less than 5 seconds. But I tried to do it at the beginning of my "lotting with SC4-Pim" career and I thought it would be simple to just click and let SC4-Pim do the rest. This would, if it had worked, take even less that five seconds. But it took me a day to find out that I did not find a way to get it work.

Architect_1077

Alright... have spent awhile trying to get PIM-X to work but to no avail. I keep getting a popup stating that "Errors occurred", and to check the log file. I'm wondering if anyone could help me with this.
I've tried running the program normally, as well as in admin mode and in compatibility mode. I also downloaded the recommended files listed. So far nothing has worked.

CPU: Intel Core i7 Q720
RAM: 6 GB
ATi Mobility Radeon HD5650

Log file text:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 117, in ?
  File "SC4IconMakerDlg.pyo", line 7, in ?
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 2, in ?
  File "S3DReader.pyo", line 2, in ?
  File "S3DViewer.pyo", line 3, in ?
  File "Numeric.pyo", line 91, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: O parâmetro está incorrecto. (translated, it says incorrect parameter)

If anyone could help me with this I'd be much appreciated.

CasperVg

Architect: unfortunately some kind of strange bug prevents PIM-X from working on Windows 7 SP 1. It works fine without the Service Pack 1 installed though, so I can only suggest you to downgrade (although that probably comes with some security risks) if you want to use PIM-X.

EDIT (04/01/2012): A fix is now available: check here  ()stsfd()
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Architect_1077

#$&#$%/$%(&/

Windows, go figure...

Thanks for info, appreciated :-)

joelyboy911

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if someone can help me reconfigure my PIM-X.

As you may know, I can't get the program to work on my new HP Laptop with Win7 Sp1, but I still have my old Toshiba laptop with Vista.

I have set up the two computers to access eachother over the WLAN, so I can shift files back and forth where I need to modify them in PIM-X, but I'm wondering if I can reconfigure PIM-X on the Toshiba to load the plugins folder from the HP over the network when I open it, reducing the need to copy things back and forth, and minimising the risk that I accidentally delete or overwrite something important (it hasn't happened yet).

So I'm looking for where I can alter the file path somewhere in PIM-X's configuration, and wanting to know if PIM-X will co-operate if it is loading plugins from a network location.

Thanks for any help you can give.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

sepsis

I have installed the fix but when launching the program I get this error message:

File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3454, in OnClose
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3457, in ShowMain
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 2883, in __init__
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3213, in LoadDatas
pywintypes.error: (2, 'RegOpenKeyEx', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

What to do?

what has arisen must come to pass
what is past must be resurrected
we are the devil and we are god
we are timeless
                  and you are dead!

StephenMotsinger

I running windows 7 with OUT the sp1,  installed your patch, and the program OPENS / loads etc, but when you go to drag a building over - this error appears,

File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3136, in OnBeginDrag
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 50, in __getitem__
KeyError

Can you please help?

Lowkee33

Hi StephenMotsinger,

That error is because you dragged something that can't be dragged.  You can only drag from the models section, not anything from the descriptors sections. :)

@Sepsis:  Do you have the dlls?

StephenMotsinger

Quote from: Lowkee33 on February 02, 2012, 04:03:07 PM
Hi StephenMotsinger,

That error is because you dragged something that can't be dragged.  You can only drag from the models section, not anything from the descriptors sections. :)

@Sepsis:  Do you have the dlls?

I don't think so, i am brand new at this, and just getting started with this whole thing.  Learning as i go.  LOL

Buzzit

hey guys
i finally installed the pim-x on my laptop but i only get this :

---------------------------
Errors occurred
See the logfile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SC4PIM\SC4PIM.exe.log' for details
OK   

but the weird thing is i can't  seem to find a log anywhere
nothing happends after this
i also installed the DLL files but that unfortunately didnt work.
whats the problem?
the only diffrence with my main computer is that this is a laptop wich is faster and better than my pc anyway i got the same windows but with better hardware.

anyone have any ideas how i can get this to work?

Sciurus

Hello!

I've got a little problem with the PIM-X. I installed the patch, the library, all. But when I double-click on the icon to lauch it, nothing runs! I've got nothing in the task manager... and in the SC4PIM.exe.log, I've got this:

File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named SC4PIMApp

What shall I do?

Thanks, Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Lowkee33

Quote from: Buzzit on February 20, 2012, 12:26:07 PM
Errors occurred
See the logfile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SC4PIM\SC4PIM.exe.log' for details
OK   

I just had this today.  Some of the PIMX files were set to hidden or read-only (got myself a little virus yesterday).  Setting them to be normal files (by right-clicking and going to properties) fixed it.

Simcoug

Sorry - newbie question:  If I only want to change properties in the .SC4desc file, do I need anything in plugins besides the building model and the .SC4desc file that I want to change?  (no dependencies, lot files, etc)

Thanks!

Lowkee33

No and yes.  No, because you technically don't even need the model file.  If all you are doing is something like adding the building (.desc) to a family or changing tile sets, who cares what it looks like?

Yes, because if you are changing the filling degree then a) you will want something to look like, and b) you be effecting the lot files.  If you did something like change a .5 filling degree to a 50 filling degree, then the stages of the lots would certainly need to change.

The only time you need the prop/texture packs is when you plan to enter LE or make your own descs.  (Or if you're testing readmes...).

Simcoug

Quote from: Lowkee33 on February 25, 2012, 05:19:53 PM
No and yes.  No, because you technically don't even need the model file.  If all you are doing is something like adding the building (.desc) to a family or changing tile sets, who cares what it looks like?

Yes, because if you are changing the filling degree then a) you will want something to look like, and b) you be effecting the lot files.  If you did something like change a .5 filling degree to a 50 filling degree, then the stages of the lots would certainly need to change.

The only time you need the prop/texture packs is when you plan to enter LE or make your own descs.  (Or if you're testing readmes...).

Thank you for the quick reply! 

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

catty

Quote from: Sciurus on February 26, 2012, 01:31:39 AM
No one for me? &mmm

Guillaume.

Hi Guillaume

I think its more a case of not being able to help, I would have suggested a re-install, making sure the dll is in the same folder and adding this fix

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14216.0

if you had a Win7 PC, but that's the extent of my knowledge in this area

Sorry

Cathy
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.