• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

i'm new and i'm STUCK please help

Started by lohiaaditya, October 04, 2007, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lohiaaditya

hey,

i have just got engrosed in simcity 4 and even though i have failed countless times already i just wanna keep trying but i think i dont wanna fail again lol....u understand that right....i start a city...everything is going pretty much okay till the population reaches 15k-20k...and then i have to introduce school and clinics and all that.....and then i start to fail miserably and have to take a loan and eventually it results in bankruptcy.....please suggest how i go about doing and stuff pleasre i really wanna know...

Strechnitz

In each beginning of a city, balancing the books is of the utmost importance. in the beginning you get very little from tax revenues. so you can't spend a lot. al you need in a young city apart from electricity and water is police and firestations. not until tou have enough citizens to create at least a few hundred simoleons profit each month. not until then you'll build a school and a hospital.

for me that's usualy around 40k or 50K. And start with one elementary school for example. don't "spoil them at once with and schools, and a library, and a museum, et cetera. For the monthly maintenance fees is what can kill a young city if you add them to early. you can always adjust your expenditure on the slidebars in the finance menu.

my last tip. never ever take a bank loan if you do not use it solely to build more industrial residential, or commercial areas that can then generate taxes. to repay the loan. if you use a loan to finance Landmark costs you will loose money until your city bleeds dry.

I hope that these tips help :)

Strechnitz.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.