• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Devotion LEX Updates - Now on HTTPS

Started by CasperVg, January 15, 2013, 02:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

If it's a dependency from the LEX: when you go to the page of the dependency in the url you have a number with 4 figures
ex. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2983, in this case type 2983

If it's a dependency from other website, paste directly the url
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

CasperVg

Quote from: CasperVg on July 29, 2013, 12:10:56 PM
t. I tried to keep the format as easy as possible:

basically there's two possibilities:
--> dependencies on the LEX:
LOTID$

LOTID is the lot id of a LEX upload. You can find lotids in the ?lotGET=XXX portion of a LEX url.

For example, the lotid of Vnaoned's Saint Croix Church ( http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2985 ) is 2985. So if that's a dependency, add

2985$

to the line of dependencies

--> dependencies outside the LEX:
LOTNAME@LINK_TO_LOT_OFFSITE$

LOTNAME is the name of the dependency, LINK_TO_LOT_OFFSITE is the full URL to the dependency on the STEX, PLEX, TSCEX, etc.

For example if Pitt Street Apartments from the STEX is a dependency, add

Pitt Street Apartments@http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28893-pitt-street-apartments/$

So in the end, what you need to fill out in the "dependencies" section of the form is a list of lotids and offsite dependency name and links, like this:

Quote1180$475$746$101$Tollbooth RHW 4 RHD@http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28892-toll-booth-rhw-4-rhd/

where the bold is LEX dependencies, the italic is offsite.

If there's no dependencies at all, just enter "NONE" (I think leaving it blank in that case works too, but I'm not 100% sure right now)

Hopefully that explanation was at least somewhat understandable.. heh. I might do a video or something as a tutorial eventually. Any questions, just ask ;)

Casper
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

vester

First off:
Quote from: Girafe on August 31, 2013, 07:12:36 AM
If it's a dependency from the LEX: when you go to the page of the dependency in the url you have a number with 3 or 4 figures
ex. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2983, in this case type 2983

So I tried to update my lastest upload: Swan Mill Tramstop

In the Dependency Tracker, I get this error:
Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/lex_deptracker.php on line 226
Lot with ID does not exist!

One of the Dependencies (BSC BAT Props VDK Vol 01) I get: "This dependecy has cascading dependencies "

If you click on the dependencies under Name and Link nothing happens. Should it go to the dependencies so one can check the cascading....

CasperVg

Yeah I checked those and there were some errors in both.

For the Swan Mill Tramstop, you added an extra '$' at the end, which made the parser think there was an extra dependency (but there wasn't - hence the error)
For the BAT Props, you had marked it as Dependencies: "None" but that has to be in allcaps: "NONE".

You're right about the links bugging out sometimes though, fixing it..

EDIT: Link bug with cascading dependencies fixed. Should always display the right links now, and allow you to visit them.

EDIT2: "NONE" does not have to be in allcaps anymore. Any combination will work. None, NoNe, NOne, none, NONE, etc

vester

Thank you Casper.

Always nice to have an extra set of eyes to look at it.

Great you already fixed it. Will be updating my stuff, soon.
This is so much easier for everybody, uploaders and downloaders.  &apls &apls &apls

Now I just need to figur out what the group is for and how to use it.

CasperVg

Vester: custom groups are for tying/roping/grouping sets of releases that belong together (but were released seperately) together. For example: canal sets. Those are usually released as a few packs (a Basic pack, a Bridge pack, Tunnels and Locks pack, etc.) and the custom groups allow creators to have them displayed together in Power Search (through the Custom Group part of the form).

Updated the lay-out of the Lot Lists today (Popular / Latest Uploaded / Latest Updated) so they also feature the infinite scrolling. Note that accessing the lot lists through the old frame-based header is no longer supported (since the frame header is deprecated and will be removed as soon as most of the public-facing LEX pages have had their lay-out updated). You'll have to go through the new header for it to work...

or just use this link
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_lotlist.php?orderBY=recent

Girafe

My files button displays all the files, is it normal?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

CasperVg

Heh, I keep forgetting about the My Files functionality. It's hidden pretty deep, doesn't get used very often, and has roots in pretty much every search functionality that the LEX ever had..

Fixed now, it should only display your own files now (but will only work through the new header. not through the old one)

vortext

Thanks for the info, the dependencies list was easy enough and I've uploaded the first file. However, I cannot download the file, nor can I either delete or lock the file.  &mmm

The following errors occurs.

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/files/Carriages 'n Horses.zip in /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php on line 438

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/files/Carriages 'n Horses.zip in /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php on line 359

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php:359) in /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php on line 378
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

catty

Just went to have a look at the latest file from Vortext, its got this error message at the top of the page

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/files/Carriages 'n Horses.zip in /home/jeronij/public_html/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php on line 438
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

CasperVg

Yeah.. that's probably because of the ' in the filename. LEX doesn't really like that sort of thing. I'll see if I can figure something out to fix that.

In other news: the user profile has been updated to the new layout

EDIT: Seems like your "special" filename corrupted the system. I'll have to delete it from the database and ask you to upload it again with a normal filename. Maybe "CarriagesAndHorses.zip"?

vortext

Quote from: CasperVg on September 01, 2013, 04:21:57 AM
Yeah.. that's probably because of the ' in the filename. LEX doesn't really like that sort of thing. I'll see if I can figure something out to fix that.

:-[ sorry for that, should've known better. . Can you fix it or should I reupload with a good name?

EDIT: well the seasonal mmps are up!  %BUd%

The Horse and Carriage file, however, has gone missing? And when I try to reupload it says the icon filename is already in use. .  &mmm

EDIT2: I didn't see your edit Casper. Yes I'll rename and reupload.

EDIT3: succes!! Both files are on the LEX!

A minor note: it seems like there is a minimum height requirement for the LEX icon as well?
time flies like a bird

CasperVg

No problemo - I believe it's working now?

vortext

Yep it is!  ()stsfd()

Thanks for making it possible in the first place Casper! The LEX looks really nice.  &apls
time flies like a bird

CasperVg

More changes..

+ Filenames that contain characters other than A-Z, a-z, 0-9, _ - and spaces are no longer allowed (they were never really allowed, just not checked for before) to avoid vortext-like problems in the future.
+ No more frames!
+ Main index page rebuilt
* Fixed some small bugs all over the place
* TODO: Add the navbar to the pages that haven't been overhauled yet (download list, my comments, collection ranking, ..)

vortext

time flies like a bird

Girafe

Could you contrast a little bit more the background color (grey especially).

Is it possible to have the last 9 uploads on the main page?

show more button is not working
The Floraler

APSMS

I'm using Firefox, and I noticed that whenever I use Power Search and click on a file in the search, that when I go back the power search resets, so that I have to reselect my parameters before it will show me the lots again. With the old PS it was ok, because if it happened (usually intermittently) the files were paged, so I could go back to the page that I was on, but with the fancy infinite scrolling update, I imagine this will be really troublesome if it isn't fixed (or if I don't find a way to fix it).

Also, whenever I did a search before, the results page would always tell me if I had downloaded a file/BAT/LOT, but now I have to click on the file before it will tell me the download status of the file. I'd really like it if you could restore that functionality, as it was handy to see at a glance.

Finally, while the frame is nice, it takes up a lot of screen real estate, and since I do not have a very hi-res screen (1366x768), it'd be nice to have the option to minimize the frames (like in the main forum) when I need to so that I can not have to scroll so much. If that's possible.

So far I am liking the updates, even though I appreciated the datedness of the old LEX (no fancy code, but then, no long loading times or bugs like on the STEX either). It's very clean (almost too much so), but things like the dependency tracker are invaluable when they work (or are enabled). Thanks for all the work!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

jdenm8

Quote from: APSMS on September 01, 2013, 04:03:42 PM
I'm using Firefox, and I noticed that whenever I use Power Search and click on a file in the search, that when I go back the power search resets, so that I have to reselect my parameters before it will show me the lots again. With the old PS it was ok, because if it happened (usually intermittently) the files were paged, so I could go back to the page that I was on, but with the fancy infinite scrolling update, I imagine this will be really troublesome if it isn't fixed (or if I don't find a way to fix it).

Due to the way the pages are implemented, I don't think what you want is even possible without moving back to the old URL Parameter paradigm.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

APSMS

I see, but I'd hate to imagine trying to download all my SNM stuff over again with the new implementation. Perhaps a compromise ought to be reached (though I admittedly know too little about the HTML code to know if that's even worth suggesting).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation