• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Do any members live in Tokyo?

Started by jmdude1, December 06, 2012, 12:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdude1

hi everyone,

i'm heading to tokyo december 22-27 for a short christmas holiday. i was wondering if any members here (or maybe another place?) want to meet up.  i will be doing tourist stuff of course but i'm always ready to have some good food, drink a few drinks, or visit some unique places. sorry, but i don't speak any japanese.

i went to osaka, kyoto, and nara earlier this year and i'm excited for tokyo. so, if anyone wants to meet up, that would be good. feel free to leave a message here or inbox me. also, i know there are japanese fans at SC4D.  do you have any suggestions for some must see things, or off the beaten path places to see in tokyo?

thanks!

jeff

edit: i'm in my mid 30's if that matters.

art128

;_; I would fly away to Tokyo immediately if I had the money. Oh well I'm sure you'll have excellent time there.

If you can grab some photos that would be very interesting! ( as a BATing inspiration/materials! )
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

jmdude1

i agree arthur, i think it will be a great time, there is so much to see and do.  im lucky since i live in korea, the flights are cheap and fast. i always take  alot of pics so im sure i can get something interesting, although there's probably a lot better shots on google already.

weixc812

Quote from: jmdude1 on December 07, 2012, 12:33:12 AM
i agree arthur, i think it will be a great time, there is so much to see and do.  im lucky since i live in korea, the flights are cheap and fast. i always take  alot of pics so im sure i can get something interesting, although there's probably a lot better shots on google already.
Hey, haven't seen you for too long, my friend. I also believe it's a good idea to spend Christmas in Tokyo but I don't have time since I'm busy seeking jobs. ;)
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

jmdude1

yes, it has been a while! i took a long break from sc4 but i got the urge and im back playing it again.

i was supposed to go to shanghai for christmas and new years! but..... china has a special rule for foreigners who live in korea which i didnt know about and i couldnt get a tourist visa. so, i need to plan (months) ahead of time to go there. maybe next summer or fall.

i hope your job hunting goes well. it is good to hear from you again. keep in touch.

mike3775

I've been to Tokyo twice in my life(last time was about 10 yrs ago), but I recommend visiting the Roppongi Hills area(awesome view of the skyline from there).

I would also recommend going to the Tokyo National Museum, it was great last time I was there, so I can imagine its only gotten better.

jmdude1

hi mike,
i think you made some good recommendations. i will be adding them to my 'to do' list. unfortunately, i only have about 4 full days. lets see how much i can cram in!