• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Banned?

Started by Nanami, November 10, 2014, 03:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanami

well a while ago, this happened to me.... for somehow the site banned me for no reason... but, when I use other computer, I can access my account normally and I dont see anything I done wrong...

I hope this could be fixed soon

CasperVg

It is possible that your IP has somehow been part of a IP range ban. Perhaps your IP address is also used by spam bots occasionally. This can happen if your internet provider dynamically allocates IPs (which it probably does). We'll look into it :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Nanami

hmm maybe.... hope it would okay soon, thanks anyway for the information

Tarkus

Relating to the two absolutely ridiculous infestations of spambots we had in recent years (to the point of having to ban 60 accounts per day), we did end up blocking a lot of blacklisted IP addresses.  Unfortunately, a lot of bots tend to be based in Indonesia, and the ISPs there have a practice of periodically cycling through IP addresses, with normal residential customers sometimes getting IP addresses that have been sullied by bots.

Typically, the only thing we have been able to do is remove one of those ban triggers when we get word that someone innocent has been blocked from the site.  I suspect we'll be discussing the matter further at the staff level, however, as we do definitely feel for those who have been unfairly burdened by this inconvenience.

-Alex

APSMS

This happens to me sometimes when I use free vpns (Open VPN & Spotflux).

Usually my solution is to use a different browser that I'm not logged into the site on, as there's no limitation on browsing the forums from a banned IP address, as far as I can tell. Shame to see this problem pop up so often, though.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation