• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New non replacement plane automata

Started by xannepan, November 15, 2012, 03:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xannepan

Glad to see you are making progress! Keep it up :-)

NCGAIO

Quote from: xannepan on January 09, 2013, 02:16:15 AM
I have decided to release soon as a beta version, otherwise I am affraid RL will become too busy and I won't release at all.

The same for this mod (I'm hoping yes! :thumbsup: ) ... I believe that even with the minor problems that already was cited this should also be highly sought!

NCGAIO

Toc. Toc. Toc. ... someone at home? &mmm

anything new?... maybe a beta launch! :)

xannepan

Just a few known issues that I know how to solve now.... And then a beta indeed. Hopefully within a week.

Voltaire

My apologies for taking so much time away. There have been issues to deal with... but I'm back for now. Will it still be possible to contribute a new aircraft to the project?

This Super Constellation's mesh & uv mapping are complete and it's been modded into a working S3D:

These textures are just placeholders for purposes of uv mapping, I'll need about a week to complete the final set.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

xannepan

Great to see you back! Just send me a dat file ith the model and the fsh, and I'll make sure I add it, even with the prelim texture is okay. Texture replacement can be done afterwards.
Great model by the way!

mgarcia

Hey Xannepan - I am enjoying your new modds!  Looking forward to the beta of this modd!  Thank you for sharing your awesome works.

cogeo

Voltaire

ZIP with placeholder textures attached. Please note that unlike the Maxis-made planes, this one includes the propeller hubs (Spinners). I hope the prop effect can be positioned on the back of the spinner, just barely in front of the engine itself.

Something I noticed is that SimCity_2.dat contains textures for the ground shadow and propellers. I would like to customize these aspects of the aircraft, if possible. There's nowhere in the aircraft s3d to specify the TGI of prop and shadow textures... are they called by the effect scripts?

NCGAIO

Quote from: Voltaire on February 09, 2013, 04:02:23 AM

I would like to customize these aspects of the aircraft, if possible. There's nowhere in the aircraft s3d to specify the TGI of prop and shadow textures... are they called by the effect scripts?

The model  of propeller is positioned over the aircraft by effect but this is a S3D which can be modified.

The TGI to animation propeller is - 5AD0E817-BADB57F1-0E160000 and the static is xx -xx - 0E150000

I think with Cogeo tool you will be able to modify and add it to  airplane model if desired.  :thumbsup:

xannepan

I will have a look at the model asap... just want to finish some animal stuff I am working on first.
Anyway: I will create a placeholder for you to create a shadow texture.
I will see what I can do with the propellers, shouldn't be a problem. Both properties are indeed controlled by the effect dir.

NCGAIO

Quote from: xannepan on February 11, 2013, 10:44:12 AM

I will see what I can do with the propellers, shouldn't be a problem. Both properties are indeed controlled by the effect dir.

:) Well .. not entirely. Part of the animations is  referenced in  section  RGP of the S3D and some are linked to the Effdir by fx_ # # _name also for positioning in the model .

But as such is not part of the edition in Reader only can  be modified in hex. Maybe the case may be to make a script for that too.

NCGAIO

Alex .. if you're still working on this came across something that may be interfering with the results of experiments with route of the models.

Some conditions for the flight. are set out in Lua file - FFD7FB99 in "automata_group.planes." :)

Voltaire

Updated model with first complete textures attached  :satisfied:

Took 2 weeks instead of one, but polished metal is difficult to carry off without a lot of trial-and error!

This copy of the s3d has been done as a classic replacement mod, replacing the Maxis 4-prop, for easy testing.

A change in the model's overall scale has been necessary -- I'm sorry if this causes extra work setting the effect coordinates. Before today I'd been testing the aircraft in isolation, without BAT aircraft nearby, so couldn't see the problem. The attached model was uniformly scaled up by 24.307%, and raised off the ground by 3.0 meters.

Since the last upload, the uv coordinates have had small adjustments, in order to get 100% alignment between the textures and make all 5 cockpit windows possible.

xannepan

Nice textures... I'll see if I can manage to get it in the effect dir this week.

NCGAIO

To avoid wasting time 'looking for here is a tip, the animation of helices is  "fireplaneprop" and stationary in "fireplanepropstill".

Good luck with the repositioning if necessary! :)

xannepan

So I managed to merge it into the directory, posutioning lights and props was quite easy. The plane looks really good in the game. However, at this moment while take off  off works fine, there is a serious bug in landing (landing effect doesn't show up for any plane anymore). I have spend the last few days looking for a solution but without succes.. So it's going to take a bitlonger then expected.... :(
Alex

NCGAIO

This is a problem even for the original use of the isolated effect. I remember that while "llarge_runway_takeoff" works whenever is triggered the "large_runway_landing" is random and sometimes one realizes  planes entering through the texture of the ground plane. :(

The most interesting is that for use in the combined "runwayXXX" seems to work better. %confuso

Regarding the placement of the effects, if I mistake not the call to the helices is made in the section RGP of  model, so you can check in effdir and try to use the "plane_midpropXXX" to put it in more easily. :)

xannepan

Nope. I fixed the original Maxis bug, and with a prvious version landing worked perfectly well. This is really another bug... I am just overlooking something small...

Placement is no problem at all, it is controlled by xyz coordinates is section 12, that's all.

xannepan

Okay I found the problem. I accidentally copied part off the maxis runway effect in my traffic controller, thereby duplicating the maxis bug.
It works fine now. It just needs some fine tuning before I can upload.