• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New non replacement plane automata

Started by xannepan, November 15, 2012, 03:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCGAIO

Well .. "Nope" then was not so "Nope". not it? :) :)

%confuso Doubts ... the call to the helices is made by the model? If  are in that part of the section in effdir stay this positioning?

Quote from: xannepan on March 02, 2013, 02:17:40 AM

It works fine now. It just needs some fine tuning before I can upload.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xannepan

No, the positioning of props, rotor blades, lights, condense trails etc is controlled solely by the effect dir.
Perhaps the entries in the models are for automata that are not controlled by the effect dir, bit they have no meaning for effect dir controlled planes.

xannepan

Hi Voltaire, I have updated the air traffic controller to the BSC private lex to the new one.
Can you let me know if it works and what changes you'd like to see?

A completely different request. I am working on Dulles airport, and I want to tune the model to connect to jet bridges. Are the 3dsmax / gmax models for the jet bridges available somewhere, so I can create a seamless fit?

Thanks,
Alex

Voltaire

The latest controllers are brilliant, the aircraft motion is quite convincing -- like they're actally gliding to land, and building speed for takeoff. The sounds are perfect.

While testing, I noticed effect_jenxrwyjumbo (0x00001003) doesn't work. The diagonal versions all work, so maybe a typo in that one exemplar?

QuoteA completely different request. I am working on Dulles airport, and I want to tune the model to connect to jet bridges

Rather than jetbridges on the Dulles terminal, I propose adding the Plane Mate mobile lounges. They were/are a defining feature of Dulles airport (was a part of Saarinen's original plan) and are in use even today:

I've actually been producing ground vehicles for some time, a Plane Mate could be made rather quickly via re-using the catering truck chassis.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

rtkretz

How do I get access to this file...I am logged into the lex but it tells me I need to be logged in to download still  :angrymore: :angrymore: :angrymore:

I am trying to download from this link

http://sc4devotion.com/bsclex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1228

byr1al

@rtkretz
I think you are trying to access BSC's private lot exchange... i.e. NOT the open, official lot exchange.

mrrockdaddy100

Quote from: xannepan on November 16, 2012, 02:25:12 PM
Eureka! It works.

Still much work needed. But I have created 3 all new planes and an entire new runway effect. Sofar only implemented the planes that are generated high in the sky (see picture), but this should just as well work for ascending and descending planes.

The files are a bit messy still.. but if you want to try I have attached the prelim version . Just unzip in the plugins folder and create a lot and put the effect on it (called jenxlargerunway). Plop the lot in  the game and zoom out.

Next thing to do is write a small script specifically for adding multiple planes to my all new effdir. What I can do is just add 50 similar s3d models or so, which can then be reskinned or remodelled afterwards, without having to edit the effdir anymore.

-alex
I have this and i hate it it got ride of my other mod i have of planes landing and taking off now iam trying 2 get ride of it and its very hard to fine this is no good

mgb204

Quote from: mrrockdaddy100 on October 26, 2015, 01:45:26 PM
I have this and i hate it it got ride of my other mod i have of planes landing and taking off now iam trying 2 get ride of it and its very hard to fine this is no good

Installing a mod does not get rid of other mods. SC4 works with a system of overridable parts. Automata using the same ID will replace existing automata when loaded after them.

In such instances where you prefer to use the old mods, simply remove the files for the new one. If you don't know where they are, then you also don't know where you put them. So if you don't know where the files are, that's on you not the creator. It's not really something anyone can help you with, except perhaps looking for an uninstaller if one exists?