• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

David that looks real great there for sure  :thumbsup:  Hey did you know there are replacements for that old ugly steam engine  here [linkie] ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

That envelope keeps getting pushed here in 3RR. Keep on pushin', David!

The FARR looks just splendid, my friend! Just splendid!

Take care,

Dustin

Ryan B.

I've said it before . . . and I'll say it again . . .

Wow, David!  We've never seen such realism in a computer game.

We're making our own expansion packs here now, folks.  Think about this - it'd take Maxis / EA longer to do this stuff - and we'd have to pay for it.

Let's keep this wagon train a-movin' . . .  %BUd%

OP EDIT:  I think I found my favorite smiley . . . it certainly suits my Sabre-ness.   :P  :D

metarvo

This is great, David.  The NAM rail curve no longer sticks out like a sore thumb. :)  Not that it did before.  I intend no offense to our NAM team.  They have worked laboriously on the revolution that we call the NAM.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

girlfromverona

Thank you so much for all the time you put into this, David! To say you're changing this game for the better would be an understatement.  :thumbsup:

I can't wait to start making realistic looking train lines.  ;D

dedgren

Heh!  Who says SC4 isn't realistic?

Just askin'.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

Dang it dont you hate it when you miss something and DOT wont let you go back into PSP to fix the texture job...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Haljackey

Quote from: dedgren on September 05, 2008, 07:21:31 PM

Heh, reminds me of Google Earth.  There are some spots that just don't line up...

:P

Best,
-Haljackey

metarvo

Theoretically, if you fix the texture shifts in SC4, then you are actually doing a better job than the RL DOTs.  They say that a picture speaks a thousand words, and these two shots are no exception.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bakerton

Quote from: dedgren on September 05, 2008, 07:21:31 PM

Just askin'.

Later.

David

The picture looks like it was taken at a state line (border) in Montana as I reconize the picture. Anyways, we here in Wisconsin and Illinois have something simular to the mis-allignment of road markings going from rural to urban enviroment. No one is perfect; including you Mr. Spock. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

BourneID

Guess sense you found me lurking about these parts... I'll have to leave a bit of my chicken typing (ie chicken scratch).

its been a while (wow, over 1 year already...) sense I played sc4....  so I have been well on the path to recovery from my sc4 addiction.

....... that was until .....somehow... the Rural renewal pack and .... !!curved roads!! showed up in my plugins folder.

Now I know that others were involved with these things.....  But I am going to blame you for me falling off the wagon.

Cheers to you mate  :)

Smile Y'all

dedgren

One to go!  Finished up the FARR "long" transition curve and the level railroad crossings this evening.

They do look OK.

I'm going to get up early and finish the 90 degree wide rail curve tomorrow morning.  The last texture work on the road wide curves and FAR should go pretty quick after that.

John?  John Bourne?  Whoa- that's cool!  If I had anything to do (along with Chris (Chrisadams3997) of RRP fame) with pulling you off that wagon, I'll have to really work hard to keep you off.  We've missed you around these parts, my friend- it'd be great to see you back in the game

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

CasperVg

Awesome, I can't wait to use these! They look awesomely realistic and work great, even invisibly, with the Maxis rails.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

sim-al2

still drooling.  :D  I hope you get these out very soon, because I'm about to go on a rail-building extravaganza!  ;D

Those interstates are crazy! I thought the first one was like a two foot drop in the shoulder.  :o That second (if it actually existed) would be so insane to drive. That thing would cause a high accident rate!  $%#Ninj2
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Shadow Assassin

I thought there was a drop in the first pic, but then I remembered interstate standards.

The second picture probably happened because GoogleEarth didn't align the photos correctly, and so, the only way to fix it was to fade them in... as you can see, it backfired. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

dedgren

Working, working...

Later (not much, though!)

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

bat

Looks great! Again nice new progress there, David!
Wonderful work here... ;)

dedgren

Today the user community once again changes SC4 beyond what anyone could have foreseen in 2003.

All of the wide radius rail/FARR curves and segments are done!  Now we can do this right.

I appear, however, to have screwed up my road retexturing royally from the get-go.

Oops.  Oh well, I'll fix it.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Sheep49

Nice to hear that the curves are done! :thumbsup:

Not so good to see that screwed-up texturing at the crossing, but you can fix it in 1 hour or so. ;)

Can't wait to see more progress!
Piotr

EDITPiotr- welcome again!  As for the textures...

Yep!
-DE
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles