• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: dedgren on September 01, 2008, 06:49:13 PM
Pat, I think that's the Michael Phelps Burger they've started carrying down the street at Carl's, Jr. [linkie].

You ended up making me hungry for Carl's Jr. tonight as a result.  :D  They didn't have a Michael Phelps Burger on the menu down here in Oregon, though.  Is it an Alaska-only thing?  Just as well . . . can't go wrong with the Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger, though. 

The signage is looking great, and I'd say, by and large, the scale looks pretty good to me.  I'm really looking forward to having more signage options.  Excellent work, guys! :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

bat

The newest pictures there of the signs are looking wonderful, David!
Nice work!

Looking forward to more............. ;)

metarvo

You are continuing to exhibit true genius, David, Matt, and Ryan.  Those signs look better than ever.  Even though the small size may prove to be a bit of a letdown, I know that the size will never deter me from using them.
:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Ryan B.

Nice work, Matt.  Why don't you take a crack at a stop sign at the scale you're using?  Your advance intersection signs sure do look a lot more realistic than my HUGE stop sign.

EDITRyan, I don't think there's that big a disparity.  The face of a stop sign is going to look bigger than a similarly scaled diamond-shape warning sign because it is bigger in terms of surface area.  Your sign is a little taller, but I think we should wait to see the yield and RR crossing signs before we jump to any conclusions. -DE

dedgren

The last big issue with the FARR has been fixing the textures.  Here's the situation up to today- the FARR texture is to the right

Note that I said "up to today."  This is the FARR level crossing that's on my screen right now.

This was that same crossing an hour and a half ago.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

dsrwhat316

David, will you ever stop showing us the most amazing projects? The FARR and the FAR have intrigued me from the beginning. Just two more great reasons to keep playing this game!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

deathtopumpkins

Ooh... looking great David!

Can't wait for it!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

metarvo

Wait a minute.  Those train gates are actually up against the crossing.  I didn't notice this earlier.  That's why 3RR goes FAR to raise the bar.  Keep it up, David.  I predict that this project will eventually be shown on one of those Discovery or History Channel documentaries.

EDITMy friend, all the credit for the gates goes to T21 Magician Jan (Swamper77).  Amazing stuff, eh?  They're done for LHD, too! -DE
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Ryan B.

JoeST

now this is just crazy good,

and you will be glad to know, SC4D works well in [Google Chrome :)

Joe

EDITHeh, Joe- I was just installing Chrome as I read that.  It remains to be seen if Google will be successful in breaking my three year allegiance to Firefox.  I think the lack of an ImageShack toolbar (which I assume won't last long) in Chrome will keep me in the Firefox camp for a while. -DE
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

David that is farr out wow!!!! Hmmmm it seems as that Google is trying to be like Opera lol... Ohhh btw some folks where wondering in how to eat that burger well just some of these would do the trick  ;)

I would have posted earlier but fire duties called uggh...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nerdly_dood

FARR out is right, dude! I hope you can fix the texture problem soon.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

bat

Nice there! And looking forward to more and for the fixing later! ;)

dedgren

As we work our way through retexturing the 15 or so Wide Curve/FAR/FARR pieces...

before

after

...it is easy to spot the stuff that you will really be able to do some nifty things with.  Here's a few pics of a minor road topping a low rise somewhere in an SC4 session soon to be on computer monitors everywhere.  Each pic is followed by a duplicate with the grid on so you can get a sense of the elevation change

This will pretty much keep me tied up through the end of the week, but there's a beta coming along really soon as a result.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

David I am totally umm flabbergasted here  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Looking better now!

And also looking forward to more... ;)

dedgren

Earlier this morning we set up the 3RR Exchange [linkie], which we'll call the 3RREX for short.  It's intended to provide "one-stop shopping" for you to be able to DL all those thingies we've attached to the bottom of posts and in scattered links here and there that we've developed for use in Three Rivers Region.  There's just a few items there now, but that should grow quickly, as I always have a bunch of stuff kicking around the ol' hard drive.  Let us know if there is anything you might have seen over the past 230+ pages that I might have missed after it's been up for a bit.

A few posts back [linkie], our friend NASCAR_Guy dared the wrath of the SC4 Gods, specifically Stephane (wouanagaine), by publicly comparing the accomplishments of your humble author to his.  Now, we haven't heard from our friend in a few days, and we hope that "the wrath of wou" is not the reason, but it does bring to mind a few more reasons why wouanagaine is truly a legend.

• We don't know who would win in a Chuck Norris/wouanagaine cage match because they've never invented a cage that can hold wouanagaine.
  • Little known fact: If placed into Schroedinger's quantum mechanics experiment box, both wouanagaines would remain alive.
  • Little known fact: If Gandalf had just checked with wouanagaine, they would have simply had an eagle drop the Ring into Mount Doom.
  • Global warming doesn't kill polar bears. wouanagaine does - with his bare hands.
  • wouanagaine knows the location of D. B. Cooper's body because he threw Cooper off the plane.

There's more of that sort of thing here [linkie].

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Streetlight 725

thundercrack83

What can I say, David--those curves...I don't really know how to respond!

And the 3RREX is a fabulous idea, too, my friend! You do think of everything!

Dustin

nerdly_dood

I'd like a 3x3 or so road switchback but I'm sure I cam make do with a 2x4 one (or is that a pair of 2x2 longish turns?)

Apart from that little minor thing this whole thing is GREAT. Including the Wouanagaine information, now I know who to stay away from as much as possible.

and I do like this 3RREX thing too, but I notice that it is missing the various ploppble signs that have been worked on lately - is that because they aren't done yet, or just because the 3RREX isn't done yet?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!