• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ix

Started by Archangel, February 23, 2007, 04:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archangel

Archangel's First and Only Country

I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein of Architect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have decided to also release Ix on SC4D.  However, I am deciding to release pictures here that are not on Simtropolis.  Think of it as a thank you for the SC4D-only BAT's that are released :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode One:
The World

Forward

I created this out of desire to have something to interact with the community...with.  Over the last month, I have been playing Simcity4 with ever increasing frequency, and have been building the best cities of my SC4 career.  So, I, Archangel, proudly present Ix.

The Idea

Ix is located on the world of Ixia.  You all know Ixia as this, however

My CJ takes place on Venus, but it is not the Venus you all know.  My Venus (Which the people of Ix call Ixia) is set in roughly 300 000 BCE

So basically, Ix exists on the Planet Ixia (Venus) 302 000 years ago.  Many scientists believe that Venus used to be Earthlike, without its nasty atmosphere, but, alas, we really do not know because the atmosphere is so nasty that nothing can get in.  What COULD get in was something sent by the space agencies a few years ago....it survived long enough to send some pictures and data, then was lost forever.

So I bet you are wondering how I hope to interact with the community if my country exists 300 000 year in the past.  And, judging by how Venus (Ixia) is today, they arent there anymore.

It is also the Jia (Year) 2999 In the Ixia calendar.  We have the same methods of measuring time as Earth.  Our seconds, minutes, etc are the same [for the purposes of fiction and my CJ, I know it is not actually fact]

Well, BUILD A TIME MACHINE!!! Or, wait for future updates, and find out what happens :)

The World

Ixia (Venus)

Ixia is basically the twin of Earth.  It is (for my purposes) the same size and gravity as Earth.  Basically, Ixia IS Earth, just on a different planet with different continents, etc.

Roughly, the population of Ixia is 5 billion.

The main continents, oceans, and pictures of the world will come in the "The World" section of future updates (Watch for future updates to find out what I mean by this :))

If there are any more requests for information about the World of Ixia (Venus), please post them in your...posts...lol and I will address the answers in future "The World" sections of future updates :)

The Country

Ix

Official Language: Ixi (English)
Sacred Animals: Elephant and Octopus
Currency: The Dia.  It is made of Mined Diamonds, which are very common on Ixia.  So, our (for ex) minimum wage is about 8 Dia/hour, pretty much like that of North America, but if I were to sell a single Dia in North America, it would sell for about $79,000 So pretty much any trade done between nations would have to be goods for goods, I wouldnt want to flood Modern Earth's markets!
National Flag, Flower, Sport: Coming in future updates :P
Government: Monarchy/Theocracy/Democracy

The Cities

Capital City: Tres, the Island Capitol (I Based it on Tenochtitlan of Ancient Aztec)
Largest City: Port Seraphim, the Ultra Modern Oasis Mecca (I based it on Dubai)
Holy Cities:
Vii, the Jungle Holy City of the Elephant
Xii, the Underwater Holy City of the Octopus
Other Cities:
Quadra, the Forest Metropolis
Orre, the Citadel City
Architect, the Mysterious Futuristic City

Here is another picture to blance the Text/picture ratios out. *Previously Uunseen Picture Alert!!!*

These are the major cities of Ix.  Tres is the Capitol City, but Ix is led by three different parties.  As previously stated, it is a Monarchy, Theocracy, and Democracy.  So, in the key Triad cities of Architect, Quadra, and Port Seraphim sit the key parties of Ix.

Quadra: The High Council of Ix
Port Seraphim: The Royal Damily of Ix
Architect: The Hierophant (like the Pope) of Ix

The People

...are sexy.  Enough said.

Just kidding :P

There are all races of Humans on Ixia (Yes, HUMANS...DUM DUM DUUUMMM!!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So stay tuned for more updates, and feel free to comment! Keep in mind this is my first non-story CJ, and I am totally n00b about making a country lol so PM or comment on anything I have missed.  Thanks :)

And heres some teasers :)

This would be a VERY old pic of Port Seraphim.  It is the city that is always being built, and i based it on Dubai

An industrial area of Quadra (I love how the buildings look like theyre built in the water!!!

Tres, the capitol based on Tenochtitlan...another very old shot ;)

Stay tuned for Episode Two: The Country!

~Archangel

Fledder200

&apls

jeeeej arch!! great stuff!! i like that pic of that banana!!...ow wait...it's a planet.  :P
great stuff...can't wait for more! wieieieieie *hitting F5* and again and again and again
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

petercintn

Very nice!  Looking foward to more.  I'll be suprised, too, for I never, OK, very seldom looked at any MD's elsewhere.  Or CJ's.  And let me welcome you to SC4D, nice to meet you!

BTW, what is that big round thing in the second pic?  It is very, well... different.  I like it.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

Adriano57

Wow great presentation and very interesting !

Naryanna

This is wonderful presentation.  &apls

dedgren

Archie- gorgeous graphics, interesting pics...

...waiting to see where you take this.

Good luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

kwakelaar

Wonderful graphics, will wait for some more shots of your city building.

bat

Wonderful start! Great city!  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Looking good, so far! I love the city like Tenochtitlan with the small islands within the lake. Great work! I'll be looking forward to see how this unfolds!

Heinz

wow great start!!!  :P but.. no follow up??  :'(

NikNik

Great start.

Looking forward to more, MORE!

Nik-Nik

Archangel

things have been kinda crazy lately, sorry, ill have an update soon though , its in the works ;) IM not dead :P

dedgren

Hey, look who's back!

We almost sent out bounty hunters- you had way too nice a start here to walk away.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Heinz

Amen to david's reply. every where i look, you crack me up lol

would love to see the return of the (ixans?) really good start. love the buildings in the water

Elektra

Very interesting....looking forward to the next installment and where you take this.

PS. Glad your not dead or frozen..... :P
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein

Flipside

Tenochtitlan indeed. Can't wait for more, Archangel.  ;D