• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JBSimio Inc.

Started by JBSimio, February 05, 2007, 11:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacqulina

hi jon my friend how are you,as allways your doing awesome work

JBSimio

M:  Thank-you!  I hope the wait won't be too terribly long.

Rooker:  Thanks!  I'll try to get something for the SHUR Project done soon again.

Bat:  Thanks... although I can't recall doing any houses...  :D

Jacky:  Thank-you.  Nice to see you here!

Well... I've spent the last couple days making a start on the main academic building for Westlake Academy.  The scary part is that, even after roughly 10 hours, I still don't have enough done to make it worth showing yet!  Take that as a good sign if you want... I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along and I should have a good chunk of time this weekend to mess with it.

In the meantime... I've been working little by little on the single lot portion of the campus.  There will be separate, modular pieces as well, but this is just to give you an idea of what I'm trying to do.

Don't tell me it needs trees... I'm just making sure the sizes are right so far!   :P

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

dioangel

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

threestooges

It looks pretty good so far. My only concern is that the guy's dorm might fit a little awkwardly if it is the only building positioned on an angle like that (keep in mind that I don't work with the LE much...yet... so I am not used to seeing buildings without their extra bits and pieces) but considering how the rest of the buildings and the paths seem to follow a grid pattern, I had expected to see the dorm on a corner of a path, but it still doesn't look too bad where it is now. Finally, I take it as a good thing that you don't wish to show anything from the main building. Its a sign that you take pride in your work and that you wouldn't want to show it until you are satisfied. Take your time, it's worth the wait (though the wait does cause some impatience at times heh heh). As usual: well done.

Zaphod

I know I already posted in here under my old hamster account but I never said much about the new westlake academy bats. I like them alot. Great replacement for the tired old maxis university props/lots

Just curious, what sort of brick texture will you use for the final version(or is the orange how its going to look?)

War Kittens !?

JBSimio

Angel:  Thank-you!

Threestooges:  Thanks.  I'm still not entirely sure about the rotation of the boy's dorm yet either.  The L shape will make it stand out regardless, really... at this angle it still mirrors the 45 degree paths in the square... so we'll see.  You can see the beginning of the main building now...  ()stsfd()

Zaphod:  I'm glad you like them... thank-you.  There might be a lot more for the universtiy stuff at some point too.  (But I'm not going to get into that just yet)  I'm not completely sure of a brick texture yet.  I had a shade of orange in mind originally, but the style has moved much further to the "gothic" side than I originally planned, so that may no longer work.  I'm open to ideas if you have a color in mind.

OK... there is still a LONG ways to go on the main academic building, but I'm going to show the beginning anyway.  The back and sides aren't even started yet!  The front isn't really finished either... but much closer than it was yesterday.

There's a couple "concerns" I'm still debating at this point.  First, the center might be too tall.  It looks better now that the roof is in place, but I'm still not sure.  Second... the arched "gateways" on either side.  This is an idea I had at the beginning of the whole project.  I wanted one of those places where the path cuts through the building.  I started making the building, and now I'm not sure if those gateways really fit this style or not.  I'd like to keep them, but I don't want to force the idea if it doesn't really fit.

In other news... I found a SHUR building that I had forgotten about.  I tweaked it a little bit and added some life to the ground floor shops.  If it looks like something anyone would like, I can light it up and have it finished in a pretty short amount of time.  It's a 2x3 corner lot... w2w on the short side with room for an alley along the wider side.  I'd probably do a CS$$ and maybe a R$$ version.

Adios from Monkey Around Productions...
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

jestarr

Oh..Oh..me, me!  That w2w corner building looks great.  It'd fit in perfect with my playing style. ;D  As, for the school building, those tower sections and the arched windows, on the ends, are supurb.  Nice work! &apls

dioangel

JB - you are very welcome! Awsome projects!  :thumbsup:

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

threestooges

From my first impressions: the main building looks great. I am curious to find out what your souce for this building was (or if it was something you just came up with). I don't think it is necessaryily too tall, but the greay towers seem to extent a fair bit above it which may be what causes the effect (either that or the building isn't long enough to balance the height). As far as the arches go: it seems that much of the building's design features angles. Above the windows on the roof, the pillars by the middle entrance, the frame around the middle (front) door. The only curved areas seem to be the windows on either end (and they look good there) and those arches. Perhaps if you gave the arch a slight point at the top rather than the smooth curve it has now it may fit in with the angles of the rest of the building. Looking forward to the next presentation.

jacqulina

thanks my friend,your work is awesome allways so much detail  &apls &apls

JBSimio

Jestarr:  Well thanks!  That's a much nicer reception than this building got back in October when I first made it!   :D  I'm glad you like it... give it a week or so.

Angel:  I'm glad you like this random collection of stuff!

Threestooges:  You're right... the pointed arches got squashed in the "SC4 Angle" world again.  I usually have to make them three or four times before I finally get it right.  They are pointed... just not enough yet.

Jacky:  Thank-you as always!

Just a quick update today.  I made a few adjustments to the school building and began the side walls.  I missed one adjustment on the roof, but I'll fix it at some point.  Not a whole lot of difference, so we'll just go with a thumbnail today... that way you don't have to look at it unless you really want to!   ;D

JB

M4346

Even though the wait will be terribly long, I'm convinced, no, I am dead sure that it will be all worth it! I just love this, and that main building is exquisite!

Take your time, I'll be waiting, patiently, and be eternally grateful when this is done!

Like a good wine, I'm sure this matures really well with age! And as they say, patience is a virtue! :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Fred_Ginger

Quote from: M4346 on February 18, 2007, 09:45:33 AM
Even though the wait will be terribly long, I'm convinced, no, I am dead sure that it will be all worth it! I just love this, and that main building is exquisite!

Take your time, I'll be waiting, patiently, and be eternally grateful when this is done!

Like a good wine, I'm sure this matures really well with age! And as they say, patience is a virtue! :P

(*still looking for the 'Ditto' sign*)

M said it, I love this and will be patiently waiting for its release!
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Fledgeling

I love the SHUR building, my only complaint is that its windows need some  Jasoncw/nofunk magic to shine. The model is superb, however.

Speaking of old SHUR buildings, what happened to this pack:

JBSimio

M:  Thank-you very much.  Your "virtuous" patience is greatly appreciated!   ;)

Vicki:  Thank-you as well.  Nice to see you here!

Fledgeling:  Yep... the windows need to be finished off.  I didn't want to spend that much time until I knew if it was something people wanted!  I'll definitely wrap this one up soon.

Since Fledgeling brought it up... and then went and showed an outdated picture on top of things  ::) :D... here is the complete set of brownstones he's talking about.

The hold up on these is really a matter of time.  There are basically 12 models I need to export.  Each one takes about 1.5 hours to export.  I can only do one at a time.  (For those in the know, if I try doing a batch render script, I always seem to end up with broken renders.)  So... it's really a matter of me leaving everything else alone long enough to get them all exported.  It will happen at some point.  A lot of other stuff is on hold at the moment anyway... so hopefully sooner than later.

JB

Fledgeling

&apls Good, good to hear.  Glad to see your still on it.

While we are on the topic of old buildings...  %wrd

May i ask the progress of these, and their current status?

This is just like the ones in my hometown! I like it! Alot, actually. I hope something can be done with it.

This midrise? Its just the right size for many small-ish towns.
I like the first model better, however

Just curious

pvarcoe

Ok guys. A poor old average fella like myself can only take so much :D

These pics are killing me, they are all so beautiful.
All I can tell you is; if you release them, I'm using them.

Gorgeous work!

bat

This building is looking fantastic! Nice textures! :thumbsup:

Zaphod

ahh man I forgot about those brownstones, hopefully you'll get a chance to export all of those
War Kittens !?

JBSimio

Alright, Fledgeling!  Now you're just getting ridiculous!   :P  Let's see... the first one, I honestly forgot about completely!  That's an old one, and from the looks of it, I would really need to start over with it.  I'll have to go to the basement to see if I even still have it.   %confuso  The second one I actually took a look out when I dusted off the Taft Building.  I will definitely finish it at some point, but it needs a bit of work yet.

Pvarcoe:  I'm glad you like them.  My lawyers prepared a statement... something to the effect of "JBSimio Inc and Monkey Around Productions will not be held liable for any negative side affects, health related or otherwise, incurred by viewing graphic images posted herein..."  Whatever that means...   ::)

Bat:  Thank-you.  Although, now I'm not sure which buildings we're talking about anymore...

Zaphod:  Thanks... I'll get to them sooner or later.

Man... I have to remember not to post pictures until I'm good and ready!  Apparently they have a way of coming back to haunt a guy.  Actually, I was planning to shift to some of this stuff for a short while soon.  The school stuff is going to be a long project and I really want to support the LEX and get some stuff on there.  So some of these "smaller" projects should be wrapping up sooner than later.

For example... I adjusted the windows and lit the Taft Building up last night.  The real Taft Building is acrosss the street on Hollywood and Vine... I'm not sure what this one is actually called.  I saw it during my trip to California in September.  It's not exact by any stretch, but that's what it is based on.  Anyway... here's the pictures:

JB