• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The University of Clayhurst

Started by JBSimio, February 17, 2009, 05:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

Popping in myself today to wish you a Happy Birthday Jon. Hope all is well.

Jack_wilds

all has gone quiet, even the bells are silent... its rather eerie

I am aware of the long standing rules about release dates and such... so I hope I come across ok here...

With RL apparently swallowing up JB, Andreas, and Ripplejet... the prospect of not getting to download JB's latest work -particularly the U of C EP1, EP2, EP3, and teh field house and pedestrian overpasses, appears to threaten...

what I hoping and asking for is some sort of status update and possibly a game plan to get his C of U expansion packs finished and available soonist for DL via LEX...

I hopein expressing my concern I haven't breached any protocol

I trust that all is well with JB and that the challenges of 'summer camp' cooking doesn't keep him away too long nor his projects left in limbo...

respectfully submitted...

will62russ

Unfortunately, this appears to be a case of "detrimental reliance".  City council has decided to scrap the groundwork laid for the planned university expansion and instead has agreed to a Walmart box store to be built.  :'(

CharlyS

where oh where can I download these? I've got the starter pack but where are the rest? Did I miss them somewhere els? please tell me. my ivy town could sure use them.   charlycooks@yahoo.com

jmyers2043

Quote from: CharlyS on August 24, 2012, 01:21:43 PM
where oh where can I download these?

Go to the LEX. Power search -> Creator/Designer -> JBSimio

There will be two pages of possible downloads. Look for Clayhurst starter pack
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Zacharuno

CharlyS, the Starter Pack is the only thing that has been released so far. The first expansion pack is in the works, but has yet to be released. So, like the rest of us, you will have to wait patiently until that glorious day. :)

dragonshardz

Quote from: CharlyS on August 24, 2012, 01:21:43 PM
where oh where can I download these? I've got the starter pack but where are the rest? Did I miss them somewhere els? please tell me. my ivy town could sure use them.

You might want to scrub the email address from your post.

Jack_wilds

Also wondering what became of JB... %confuso 

&mmm  as well as the status of the U of C field-house, ped. bridges, and EP1&2  :( ... &Thk/(  I wonder if Andreas or Ripplejet would know [as I see in past EofC readmes, they helped mod it,] maybe they have an idea as to progress...

:( it would be a real shame if this is completed and released via the LEX, ...JB put sooo much time and effort into it for it to languish on a hard drive somewhere [also hope it didn't go bad too]...

trusting all is well...  :satisfied:

Tilarium

:'(  Really wish this hadn't fallen by the wayside.

qwerty123

Purple Haze!

mgarcia

Hi - does anyone know anything about JBSimio?  I wonder what happened? 

Diggis

JB is alive and kicking . He took up a new job a few years back which has left him with less time for SC4 than he had in the past. I'm not sure where he's got to with this, or whether he'll get back to finish it.

Swordmaster

He was online here a couple days ago. Didn't post, pity, but it shows he still holds interest in the game. Who knows one day.

Cheers
Willy

sunv123

I saw that he was on yesterday, didn't post, but he might come back one day like Andreas, Wounagaine, calagrafx and many of our old friends here. Maybe he will join the group. ;)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

mgarcia

Thanks for replying guys...hope he knows that tons of fans are wishing he would complete the UC expansions.  If he never does, it would be sad but fine though.  Thanks again for replying.

Rodent1989

Bumping this because I desperately want to see EP1 released!

Swordmaster

Don't bump threads please. Won't get you anywhere.

Cheers
Willy

will62russ

Has anyone approached JB, if they have his contact information, about his feelings of releasing his unfinished files to someone willing to finish them for the greater good of the SC4D community?   &idea It is just ashame that we only get to enjoy half of a Rembrandt masterpiece.

amishius

This was posted on /r/simcity on Reddit and it has ped bridges! What's the dealio??

Edit: would help if I posted a linky!

http://imgur.com/a/H6myd

vortext

The bridges (and paths & tower) you're looking at are part of the BSC park series, which is independent from the Clayhurst University. Though iirc the university lots do comply with the texture IID scheme.

At any rate, here's the BSC park base set, here're additional textures and here're the bridges from the pics. If interested I'd recommend you do a search for 'BSC Park' on the LEX because it has many, many add-ons.  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana