• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

St Andrews - 10th October 2011 - Small Heath still lives!

Started by Reikhardt, March 01, 2011, 02:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomas Neto

Ol.S / Benoit

Nice update !
I like the atmosphere in this city :) And the sandstone mod looks great here !

I also like the mall on picture 7, do you know where I can find it ?
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

sumwonyuno

Very nice town!  The trees give the pictures a lot of texture.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Riandomhan44

I know it has been said a repeatedly - but not enough: this MD is amazing!  The way you sculpt your terrain and towns is brilliant!

ricardomiranda

Reikhardt

Replies:

Skimbo: Congratulations on being first :P Thanks for the kind words. That block looks even better at night, coming soon!

Robin: Glad I passed your critical gaze  ;) Nothing like fresh coffee and  a good MD!

Tomas Neto: Many thanks sir!

Benoit: Thank you! I'm really pleased with the sandstone sidewalks, I've been using Peg's dirt sidewalks up until now, but I needed something more 'urban' but not too much of a concrete hell! The mall is from Pegasus, but I couldn't find it when I looked earlier. It's possible I got it from the Stex, sorry I couldn't be more helpful....

sumwonyuno: Many thanks! I love Simfox & Girafe's trees, can't use them enough...

Riandomhan44: Thanks for using your first post to comment here!

ricardomiranda: Thank you sir!

For this update we'll have a look at the more scenic elements of the city, starting with the beach:

The beach is very pebbly with course sand and is not particularly popular with tourists:

The view of the beach and harbour for the residents here is spectacular and is a large contributor to the high property values here:

Despite the lack beach visitors, there is a small snack bar next to the beach:

More popular with tourists is Battery Point. Here an old water tower and a lookout platform overlooking the cliffside are the reward for a trek up the hill:

And finally, a random shot of a lighthouse:

Many thanks for viewing & commenting, always appreciated!

Next up: West Heath at night.

Tomas Neto

Awesome update again, and the effect of rain is perfect!!!   :thumbsup:

FrankU

Especially the rural images are great.
You also have a good feeling how to present the images: further down they get emptier and emptier until there is only one thing visible in the last one. It's really a beautiful sequence.

selles

Just stumbled upon your MD, and I am very impressed! Your updates are full of inspiring scenes. I really like the rock mod you're using, and I particularly like your skills with the MM ploppable rocks/flora. Everything looks very realistic!

bat

Some fantastic update there!
The marina on the previous page is really great!
Also really nice pictures of the lighthouse!!!

wallasey

Superb!

The realism you have going is great! Especially in image 3!

supremec

Pictures 8 to 11, really beautifull, a good detailed area  &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Nardo69

My friend, I envy you.

These shores never came easy to me, your combination of rock mod and your own design just fits.

And I wish I had some inspiration for my own as you have - whenever I start the game I feel so empty.

Take care my friend!

Bernhard

Ol.S / Benoit

Nice update !
I also love the rain effect :) Great work with the flora and with the old water tower on that cliff !
Again, I think you can improve the atmosphere of your cities with less roads. I'll take the exemple of picture 3 (Wich is a great picture !) : One road in front of the houses, one road behind, I think one of them is useless. This is just my point of view :)

Keep up the good work.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Rady

Astonishing work indeed! The lighthouse scene is simply fantastic. I wonder if at some time I will be able to create scenes like this!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Reikhardt

Replies:

Tomas Neto: Many thanks!

FrankU: Many thanks. I like to show the area an item sits in to show how it fits in the city before zooming in to reveal the detail.

selles: Glad you liked it! The rock mod will be one from either this or this. Both have some great rock textures in no matter what type of region you are making.

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2105: Thank you sir!

wallasey: Thanks! I'm quite pleased with how the beach turned out. The beach texture looks great on it's own and a few MM plops really make it look how I wanted it.

supremec: Many thanks!

Girafe: Couldn't do it without those fantastic trees  :D

Bernhard: Thanks Uncle Nardo  :P  I think of what I would like to do on a city then I Google search for images and maps of the type of area I want to create. I then make a few drawings of them (just simple stuff, not great art!) and try to think how they can be done in SC4. By the time I fire SC4 up I already have a pretty good idea of what I'm making.

Benoit: Thanks sir! You're right about the roads I guess. I can see a time when I stop using roads and buildings in SC4 and just make landscapes, as I enjoy that the most!

Rady: Many thanks! The lighthouse is just a Peg lot I plopped (rocks and all) and I added a little mist effect in GIMP to make it look more interesting.

Raphael: Many thanks sir!

Next update in a few days time!

ricardomiranda

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here