• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Inspirations

Started by The_Hutt, March 08, 2008, 10:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hutt

Welcome to Inspirations!

I'll be very blunt. There is no region. There is no city. There is no population. There are no names. You will find nothing here except the figments of my imagination made incarnate. You will find, in a word, my inspirations.

Each of postings will have a theme. Some themes will be tightly focused. Others will be broad. Either way, each will consist of a single word.

So, then...

Your comments are appreciated!

- The_Hutt

Mulefisk

Interesting idea. I like this.

The seccond shot is my favorite. I like how your images are focused on the feel of the scene rather than just the realism.

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Great start there!
And wonderful first theme! :thumbsup:

Ennedi

I like it!  :thumbsup:

It is very good idea to show your inspirations. Nobody is forced to create a storyline, the continous development and such things (although each of them can be very important in the particular MD - but it depends on the author's vision).

Some time ago I told in the discussion on SC4D (I don't remember where) that the main reason I create and make my pictures is to move somebody's imagination.
If something inspired you and you are able to show it and inspire anybody else, you are a man.

Good luck!
Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Earth quake

Excellent.
Great start, It's really promising. :thumbsup:

metasmurf

Simple, but functional. I like it.

The_Hutt

Replies:

Mulefisk: Thank you. Feel is everything to me - I strive for realism, but the intangible spirit of my work takes precedent above all else.
Simpson: I certainly shall!
bat: Thanks!
Ennedi: The majority of my inspirations come from real-world places and ideas (this next update was inspired by a recent trip to Stanford University, for example), though I will fully confess to being inspired by SC4 content at times. Thanks for the encouragement!
Earth quake: Thank you!
metasmurf: Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. I'm glad you like it!

Well, the critical reception seems to be relatively positive so far. Here's another update for your enjoyment.

Thanks for reading!

- The_Hutt

bat

This second theme is also wonderful! Great work on that part! Like the first picture there! Nice park! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the third theme!

The_Hutt

Replies:

bat: Thanks for the kind comments!

Well, I'm back from vacation. Went to SoCal to look at colleges, had a bunch of fun. I'm surprised there aren't more comments here, but I'll press on...

Hmm, this is my 100th post. Well, thanks for reading!

- The_Hutt

bigberta

I really like this idea and the pictures are all very good.
Great airport, I'll have to try to create my own one day...

bat

Your airport is looking great! Great pictures of it! :thumbsup:
And congrats on your 100th post! &apls

paroch

Nice idea here Mr Hutt.  It's good to see different ideas. 

Night:  Like the shots, particularly the first one.  The golf course around the housing looks good.  And pics, 7, 8 and 9.  Did you deliberately put the circles together like that?  Pic 7, roundabout with round pond inside in the centre of the picture.  Pic 8, the pink building with the curve around the round fountain in the centre of the picture.  Pic 9, The round plaza with circular fountain in the centre of the picture.  I liked that, alot.  It's kinda it's own mini theme within the night theme - clever :thumbsup:

Learn:  I like the first pic, but can't work out the connection.  Nice campus you've created there.  The last pic is the stand-out for me.  Not seen that before - your own work or a DL?  Also, not sure why you only got one reply - but don't worry MD'ing has it's ups and downs and surprises along the way!

Soar:  Nice.  The airport seems relatively simple, yet very functional.  I know from playing with the airport pieces that what you've created was not simple and probably took a few hours!  But the effort was worth it.  The terminal in pic 3 is very nice.  And the close up in pic 8 is great too.  Your last pic, well I'm not really a PhotoShopped fan, but great view of the city as a whole.

I like what you've done and am intrigued to know what's next.  Guess that means I'll be back ;)

Paul

jrhnemo

What an interesting concept! Very nice so far, I'll definitely follow this :)

Cheers! :thumbsup:

callbat

Interesting way to present an MD Hutt!
And the pictures are very good as well, very pleasing to the eye! Although some image manipulation wouldn't hurt! $%Grinno$%

Just a suggestion!

sebes

I like the idea of having a theme based MD Mr Hutt.... Will check in now an then to see what you will be bringing here.

There were many new MD's created this month, probably reason why not all new MD's get a lot of reactions right away. But if the quality will stay, you can be sure people will return to view your next updates  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

The_Hutt

Replies

bigberta: Thanks!
bat: Thanks, 100 posts is kinda small compared to your 4000+, heh.
paroch: On the circles, no comment ;). The first pic on Learn is the campus entrance (it's not obvious). And the last pic on the airport was not photoshopped - I just used the in-game lightning strike to create the effect. Thanks for the thorough critique!
jrhnemo: Thanks!
callbat: Eh, I'm not one for photoshopping. I prefer presenting things in a natural state.
sebes: Well, I strive for quality. Hopefully my next update will raise the bar.

----

So yeah, I haven't posted in awhile, as you can see. I've been loaded down with all sorts of work in real life, but rest assured, I'm back to normal operating mode from here on out. I apologize for keeping you waiting for so long. That said, time for our next update...

That's all - thanks for commenting!
- The_Hutt

Pat

:thumbsup:  Hey Hutt I love the themes!!! from all the themes so far the Soar is my favorite to get caught up on...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CabraBuitre

I really like your use of SG's ponds in the roundabouts!  Looks great!

Check out Abelfarei!

bat

Quote from: The_Hutt on April 15, 2008, 04:56:50 PM
bat: Thanks, 100 posts is kinda small compared to your 4000+, heh.
Yes I know but I had over one year more time to post here ;) .

And great new update! Like these areas! Looking forward to the next theme...