• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Inspirations

Started by The_Hutt, March 08, 2008, 10:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Good to see you back again with a very nice update.  I like your city layout, do you think you could give us a higher overall shot of your city.  I see some very nice diagonals, nice parks and some very good BAT choices.  Great MD so far.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

sebes

Welcome back - the retro update is great and agood way to come back!
Also I 'd love to see just a larger shot of the town to see how it all fits together. I know you don't plan your town for showing, but it'd be interesting for us.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

TopCliff

This all looks great dude. I like your airports: they're so well done. That golf course in the first update reminds of either Bing Maloney or Haggin Oaks. ;) Good work dude, can't wait for more.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

The_Hutt

Pat: Thanks, I hope you enjoyed them!
CabraBuitre: That's become a hallmark of mine. They look good for some reason.
bat: Hey, thanks!
rooker1: I will never show an overview unless the town is completely finished, as in my next update. The Retro update is still very much a work in progress (I only filled about 20% of a small tile). Thanks for commenting!.
sebes: Thanks! You'll get an overview once the tile is filled up, fear not. It'll just be a later update.
TopCliff: Yeppers, I was just at Bing a few days ago (shot a 47 for nine holes). Thanks!

----

For this next update, I was basically playing around with the RHW tool and just decided to go full circle with an update. I filled up an entire medium tile with...uh, sprawl. Nasty, nasty sprawl.  &hlp

Later!

- The_Hutt

TopCliff

I gotta be honest with you Nick. It would appear as if you've done the impossible: you've made Natomas look green. :P Just kidding, that golf course looks great. McClatchy doesn't have a golf team, does it?
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

sauron620

awesome terraforming  :thumbsup: the development nearby the highways is super  &apls

paroch

Hi Mr Hutt,

two great updates - Retro and Suburbia.

They are both great pics of their particular themes.  The second and third pics in Retro are the stand-outs for me.  And Suburbia is a favourite theme for me in SC4, so it's great to see your superbia suburbia!  Really like the way the golf course is mixed in.  And the road over sunken RHW is real nice.

Paul

Pat

Hey Hutt great update here and I love what Paul aka Paroch said about this being superbia suburbia update!!! What a better discreptor of this update, the thing that would drive me insane is that ave intersection OMG talk about a night mare there lol..... Cant wait till the next update!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Wonderful using of the RHW there! Fantastic "new" update! :thumbsup:

The_Hutt

TopCliff: Are you kidding me? Natomas is a wasteland compared to that. Haven't you been out around Arco recently? Oh, and McClatchy does have a golf team - I'm on it;)
sauron620: Thanks buddy.
paroch: Thanks for the compliments!
Pat: The avenue intersection is a little scary because of the train tracks going through the middle, but it actually works. Thanks!
bat (hey, that rhymes!): Thanks! The RHW tool is quite fun to use.

---

Okay, sorry. AP Testing and my Jr Project are now out of the way. I've got clear sailing 'til the school year ends. So here's an update for your viewing pleasure...

I hope you enjoyed this update!
- The_Hutt

Heblem

I do like the small airport and of course the windy road!

Your another update of suburbia was great, somewhat it reminds me to LA suburbs maybe cuz the sunken highways, nice work!  :thumbsup:

Take care

Q-Tips

Impressive pictures. :thumbsup:
Its was nice to look at this. And i like how you done your roads and rails. I'm looking forward to see more.

bat

Wonderful small airport there! And also great work on the forests / timber there!!!
Looking forward to the next fantastic update...

warszawa

Your rail network is one of the most inspiring and realistic I have ever seen. &apls
That cute little downtown is so cosy, I can almost the atmosphere! Great tree plopping and I hope to see another update soon! :)

Alex
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

Dylan_CH

WOAW ! Very, very Nice !!!  &apls

paroch

Nice update here Hutt.  The small airport has to be the stand-out pic for me :)

The_Hutt

Replies:

Heblem - Thanks! Glad you liked it.
Q-Tips - I take my transportation seriously, thanks!
bat - Thanks. Plopping the pine forest took forever :P
warszawa - Thanks, I'm glad you like the realism.
Dylan_CH - Thanks!
paroch - Yeah, it's a cute little airport, I got to admit. Thanks!

I should have another update (hopefully) out by tomorrow evening. Thanks for your patience!

paroch

Hey Hutt,

Don't worry, we know how long it takes to put an update together, especially when you have a heavy RL schedule.  So take your time, we'd prefer another update of your previous quality than a rushed one.

I'm trying to guess what the next theme could be....... something water related maybe?

Paul

The_Hutt

Alright, I've finally got it figured out. That took awhile.

I'm taking a different approach this time - instead of ten pictures, you'll be getting something else entirely. It's long, but it's worth seeing the whole thing. Here we go...

http://www.youtube.com/v/kO7SG7wm9Zk&hl

If that's not working for you, you can always just follow the link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO7SG7wm9Zk.

Hope you enjoyed it!

- The_Hutt

jjune4991

you want one word? how about beautiful? or awe-inspiring?
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!