• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Inspirations

Started by The_Hutt, March 08, 2008, 10:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unassigned

How very perceptive of you to put the Amalienborg at evening pic under the "Learn" heading (it's pic #8 in the "Learn" update). &apls &apls &apls.

The German university town of Göttingen has streets and plazas which radiate just the kind of serenity and elegance you show (at least it was so when I went there in the eighties). I say again, well done!

Aptly named MD, by the way...I'm a newbie learning the game and certainly inspired.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

The_Hutt

Replies:

jjune4991 - I count compound words as two ;). Thanks for the kudos!
Unassigned - Hey, thanks! That's always nice to hear.

---

This next update stands in stark contrast to the previous two, for rather obvious reasons. Ready?

That's all for now!

- The_Hutt

paroch

Hi there Mr Hutt,

Sorry but Hi there "The Hutt", doesn't sound right to me, so I hope "Mr Hutt" is acceptable  :D

I missed your last update.  I really liked the train vid you created there.  I was impressed by the "smoothness" of the whole video - I was trying to work out how much of the tile that rail line must have taken up.

You mentioned not knowing how to embed the vid into the site here....... well Pat has written a tutorial that tells you just how to do it...........

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4958.msg156981#msg156981

It's easy to follow and works.

And I have a question for you..... How did you get that sequence recorded?  I have created three vids now (links below if you are interested) and I have used still pics (using clip2pic) and the "animated" sequences I have created using the "recorder" function within the game when you press "ctrl x".  But this only allows me to record a limited length of time, certainly not 9 minutes!  I then import to movie maker.

Here are links to my vids if you're interested.....

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2238.msg144673#msg144673
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2238.msg146616#msg146616
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2238.msg155567#msg155567

And I really like your highlife update.  That first pic is a very good high rise district in my opinion.  All the pics are good and the standouts for me are teh trains and the trams, just really nice pics.

I look forward to more,

Paul

Unassigned

Respect, Mr. Hutt.

That block of red-roofed apartment buildings (second last image) has heap big credibility. This time your work reminded me of a couple of blocks just south of the tracks at Lindevang EL rail station (Frederiksberg, Copenhagen, Denmark, said station available here on the LEX thanks to vester). The RL buildings are a bit different and there's no highrise. However, you've captured the feel, the atmosphere.

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
(\__/)

The_Hutt

paroch: Hey, thanks, that worked! The video is now imbedded on the previous page. I cheated to record it - I just balanced my cheap video camera on a textbook, pointed it at the screen, and recorded the run. Because it's a laptop the image is definitely skewed, but it's better than paying for FRAPS. FRAPS would be a good option for you - I know there's a free version but it only records 30 seconds at a time. Thanks for commenting!

Unassigned: Well, thanks for the kudos! That section of the city was sort of a small historical quarter, in a way.

NEXT UPDATE: Should be coming along soon. I have a summer internship lined up, and I'm also working my a** off preparing for next year's debate team. Be patient!

Edited a word, Robin  ;)

sebes

I had some catching up to do in your MD here The_Hutt.... And what an MD. All updates were gorgeous as always. I especially enjoyed looking at the Timber update, and, of course, the train video. It felt like watching an episode of the series RailAway, but than without the iritating voice-over... Excellent!!!!
&apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

CasperVg

Looks really good, some of your pictures really (ehm) inspire me. The train video was fun aswell  :thumbsup:
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

warconstruct

Of very beautiful images, I like much district businesses and GLR !
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

jjune4991

wow! very nice highlife! i especially like the first pic. with the seawall away from the ocean, it gives a nice beachy area. but i really love the second pic. you have a knack for good pictures!
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

The_Hutt

Replies:

sebes - It's good to see folks who haven't visited recently catching up. I think my Timber update probably sets the standard in terms of top-notch quality - it's something I'm going to strive to replicate in the future. Thanks for commenting!

caspervg - Thanks, glad you liked it!

warconstruct - I tend to use a lot of GLR in my urban cores, since I ride it so much myself in my hometown (Sacramento Regional Transit). Thanks for the comment!

jjune4491 - Like others have mentioned, it is supposed to represent low tide. When high tide comes the beach is not visible at all. Thanks!

---

I'm working on a larger project at the moment (to be showcased in mid-late July, hopefully), but for now, here's another update. Enjoy!

That's all!

- The_Hutt

bat

That are some great new update there! And the video on the previous page is also excellent! Looking forward to the next update...

Manny

I like your city ! Your town is very beautiful   ;) !

rooker1

Great update,
In the second picture, I wish you had done some kind of bridge, instead of having the double train line go across the avenue.  Maybe try to fit in one of Marrast's underpasses.  ;) 
Other than that, I love the update.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

derwilly

I love those pictures of the double rail tracks under the bridge, they are superb!
Indonesia: land of smiles, home of chaos, nation of disorder. My favorite place on Earth!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66788325@N00/collections/72157600071762388/

The_Hutt

Replies:

bat - Thanks! New update is right below this.
Manny - Thanks for the compliment!
rooker1 - I would have done an avenue over/underpass, but the freeway on the top of the picture was simply too close to the tracks. There's a train station about 100 meters to the right (that's where that stub road leads to) so I couldn't make a rail over/underpass either. That particular intersection bugged me for a long time before I finally gave up and took the simple route. Thanks for commenting!
derwilly - Thanks! I like to dig trenches for sunken rail, so I usually use that piece of eyecandy for bridges.

Here's that big project I promised you folks. I'll let you decide just how big it is for yourself:

Thanks for reading!

- The_Hutt

allan_kuan1992

stunning =O

- Allan Kuan

Unassigned

(\__/)

jjune4991

nice HUGE airport  &apls &apls very nice. and i like the railroad for people who can't drive and such. very ingenious.
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

amapper

You have a lot of very nice details and variety in this diary. Good use of different walls too, and that airport is breathtaking to say the least.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sebes

Grasping for breath after seeing that airport....  what a beauty &hlp
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN