• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cire360

Any chance we will ever see a new exit/entrance with a deeper back curve?  I'm asking mainly because I've been trying like hell to create a nice looking compact cloverleaf junction in rhw 5.0.  I just can't seem to get that inner curve looking nice, without having a large at least 15 x 15 tiles circle.  I'm using type b exit right now with type b entrace, oddly the circle ends up being 5 x 8, i'am not sure why as they both begin at the same place in respects to center axis; but one direction seems to be able to cut a deeper curve then the second direction.  I'll try to find a place where i can post some screenshots as that would make things much easier to explain.

Anyhow I really like the flex spui thingy but I just think that having the same type of junction everywhere gets a bit repetitive and id really like to have a nice looking cloverleaf junction. Just my thoughts, and I totally understand that other things are more important right now, but hope ya'll at least consider it for the future.

Also any chance we will see bridges that are 6 and 8 lane or better in the next release?  I also apologize if this is the wrong place to ask these questions.

gn_leugim

Quote from: Tarkus on February 29, 2012, 02:58:19 PM
I'd advise keeping the pylons off . . . if they are going to be built in, we can add them in later as well using a little trickery with cogeo's tool.  The FLEXFly specs do propose having a FLEXFly S-Curve piece, so pylon-less would also be the way to go there.

The slicing of the model is typically done on the Max end, with a Cube primitive and a Boolean object, to cut the model into 16x16 pieces.

-Alex
Quote from: mrtnrln on February 29, 2012, 03:47:06 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on February 29, 2012, 02:58:19 PM
The slicing of the model is typically done on the Max end, with a Cube primitive and a Boolean object, to cut the model into 16x16 pieces.

Or you can use the Slice Plane tool to do that. Same result...

got it  :thumbsup:

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

DAB_City

Been needing that for ages, glad to see that everything is progressing -and extending well! &apls
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

noahclem

That's spectacular  &apls &apls &apls  I was just in the middle of rearranging detailed interchange plans around a problem this solves. Really awesome work!

Will12

Will the black borders go away? Or is that just the game limitations?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Will12 on March 04, 2012, 10:53:10 PM
Will the black borders go away? Or is that just the game limitations?

It's either an issue with the S3D settings or the textures themselves, all of which are independent of the T21 in question, but possible to fix.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

gn_leugim

Shadow Assassin

QuoteIt's either an issue with the S3D settings or the textures themselves, all of which are independent of the T21 in question, but possible to fix.

S3D settings. A lot of the older RHW-over-x networks have different mat settings to the norm.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Blue Lightning

Thanks guys :)

Little more action... diagonal avenues and ortho MHWY. I'll try to stick in the offset pillar more often in places that can afford it (ie the outer tile of RHW-8S)

EDIT: No more floating ERHWs
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Jack_wilds

I think its incredible...  &apls  I particularly like the blue beams... and the better column positions, ability to accommodate the diagonals is more realistic...  :thumbsup:

mike3775

I love the blue columns, much more realistic

SeanSC4

woodb3kmaster

It's quiet here. Either everyone must be having some major RLS, or you're all doing some rather boring (to the eye) work. I'm sure it'll look good eventually... :)

Anyway, I'm interested in trying my hand at making more models for the ERHW. I'm particularly interested in making diagonals and curves for the wider RHWs, as well as inside and diagonal ramps for the DDRHW-4 and starting work on the DDRHW-8. I also would like to collaborate somewhat with gn_leugim on those S-curves, as they could be quite handy in making an improved DDRHW-4 > Dual ERHW-4 transition (as well as an idea I have for a pair of currently unplanned DDRHW-8 transitions).

I hope to hear from you soon about my offer. :)
Zack

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

jdenm8

Mixture of both :P

I've personally been playing Skyrim and Oblivion on my new (It's new until it stops smelling new. *sprays more "New Computer Scented Cologne" onto his case*) PC. I'm not too sure on what the other guys have been doing, but Project 57 has left most of us who primarily developed for the RHW idling. BL had been working on something special, but it relies on something else to be done first.

Some new ElRail over Road puzzle pieces as well as a new Diagonal RHW Ramp Interface are what I've contributed so far off the top of my head.

As for the models, Inside DDRHW-4 exits are mainly copy-paste, rotate repeat and most of the tedious modding legwork is automated (Isn't that what computers are for? To do the Tedium we give them? :P ). By all means do them if you wish, we can get them in the next release and it's one less thing we have to do. We may be interested in Diagonals, however they may be reliant on what BL is waiting for as well...

We could do with some ERHW splitters if you're interested. Type E1 (ERHW-4) and F1 (ERHW-4, ERHW-6S) splitters are things I could use in my cities. Maybe transitions for the ERHW-4 to EMIS and ERHW-6S to ERHW-4? how about a Type A1 for ERHW-6S/C?

We're all for new modellers  :thumbsup:

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

noahclem

Great work on the columns and diagonals Vince  &apls

Nice to hear your offer Zach! Anything wide-radius or fractional-angle sounds fantastic to me, as do JD's suggestions  :thumbsup:

vinlabsc3k

Whoa!! I believe that the site was down in these 3 days. :-[ I feel better for the hard work of all NAMites. &apls
Guys, you are the best :thumbsup: and I'm very sad that I would lend an hand in this project. :'(
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

MandelSoft

The project is not dead, I can assure you, it's just a bit slowed down due to RLS. But I started working on something experimental:

MORPH curves for the RHW-4! These are not your ordinary curve textures; these curves use only one texture, the rest is a bent model.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

gn_leugim

What you mean with MORPH? :O

@woodb3kmaster: Well, I guess all help is welcome :) (but I am not the one in charge XD )  I have sent those S curves up to Alex, because I only know (yet) the modeling part, not the modding part of the stuff. if you know how to do the modding great I think :)

Meanwhile I made some more models for the ERHW4 and planning to do some more :)