• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The 3rd TSC Orange Trophy : New 22.09.09

Started by Orange_o_, September 22, 2009, 04:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange_o_

Welcome to the new TSC Orange Trophy who will have simultaneous place with Toutsimcity.com

New Trophy
Modalitie

The subject of this lot is a primary school or a secondary school. There is no compulsory size

Here is the subject in various languages:

French: « Ecole primaire ou Collège»
USA :" Grammary School or Junior High School "
German: « Grundschule oder sekundarschule I »
Spain : « escuela primaria »

Deadline of participation

Inclusive  Wednesday, October 14th

The notation will be made in the following way

New test :
The winner will be chosen by the members of the forum. Every members (except the participants) can vote during two days after the end of Trophies. The one who will have most voices accumulated between forum of TSC and SC4D will take away the prize

Reward

A personalized BAT having a maxi surface of 4 tiles

How to participate?

You can participate on this thread by posting directly your creations, or on the TSC thread [linkie].

I would post simultaneously your creations on Toutsimcities.com and I would make the same thing in the other direction.

Good game  :)

Orange

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

Thanks, MrOrange for creating a new trophy.  :thumbsup:

Here's my entry :

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Badsim

Good Lots , Arthur & Guillaume , these secondary schools  look very french .  :thumbsup:

My entry ; College Jean Genet .

This is  just one of my old Lots (more than 2 years ago ) revisited with new C.P. seasonal trees . Somy' School revisited with Porkissimo's Art Deco School as guest star ...

I was kidding , Vincent ; you can compete . $%Grinno$%

Good luck .

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

CasperVg

I'll enter these two...

LOT number 1

LOT number 2

Hope you like it,
Casper

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

art128

I'm not quite sure we can enter more thank one LOT at the time of one trophy... Anyway, great work !
:thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Quesh

That beautiful things here!
Congratulations for all creators  &apls

Orange_o_

Warning! You have only until tonight to post  your LOT

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

vnaoned

So as I already did in TSC, here is my own contribution :

Orange_o_

LATE ENTRIES

It's late deposits for the third Trophy. It is time to deliberate

News: is up to you to vote, each member of SC4D and TSC forum  just vote for his preferred LOT. One vote per member in one forum will accept. Participants in the trophies are not allowed to vote.

You have 48 hours to vote, who has the most votes at the end of the period will win in a tie, I break the tie

You must judge the quality of LOT, the bats and props chooses, the beauty of the whole

Reminder: casperVg for having two lots, please make it clear to which LOT you vote.

threestooges

Before I vote, I just wanted to complement everyone who entered and, if I may, give my thoughts on each of the pieces:

-Sciurus' lot is pretty nice. It would probably have been nice to have a more direct path to the building (through the grass) from the parking lot, and only having a running track seems a bit odd, but I'm not sure what school yards are like in France. Good building, and I like the seasonal trees (almost a necessity for lots these days).

-Art's school is good. Very geometric and fitting for something more urban. There seems to be something missing though. My eye keeps wanting to go to the area between the two planters (well, just down and right of them) but there's nothing really to see there. Perhaps some tables or something. The lot textures are well done, but the props seem a bit sparse.

-Badsim's has some good composition to it, I like the BATs used and the pool is an excellent addition. There's just something about that play area. It looks realistic, but very cold at the same time. not sure how practical or common it is, but some sort of playset, or grass, or something not concrete for the kids to use. Overall, well done though.

-Casper's lots are both good (though I may be a bit biased) and, while it was hard to decide between the two, I'll discuss #1. It seems very versatile, like it could fit in a rural or urban location. There's a good mix of concrete and green space, even if only trees in some sections. The soccer field is a good addition too. I know here in the US, they are often used for multiple purposes and the little fence behind the simple goal posts to keep the ball on the field is a great detail. It's a good balance of lot size and prop concentration. Not too many, not too few. The lot is busy without seeming too busy. Not sure about the flower beds up by the building itself, and I think the basketball court might have benefitted from the same fence trick (but then I hadn't noticed those until just now, so I can't really complain about them).

-vnaoned's lot uses a great BAT, good lot textures and seems to be very well done for what I think was trying to be achieved. However, it does seem like a very cold/dreary school. There's nothing in the yard short of what seems to be a sandbox for the children to play in. It's nicely done, but I think it could almost use something more.

Having said all that, my vote goes to caspervg's Lot #1.
-Matt

Orange_o_

Reminder: You have only until tonight to vote for your favorite LOT

iskrem

First - again a great initiative this Orange! I was not able to join this time but hope to be able to join later competitions.

All very good lots and not an easy choice - but my vote goes to... CasperVG for LOT number 1.  :thumbsup:
The reason for voting it as the best lot is the lot as a whole - with very good use of the fence together with the school from Anubis89. Also the school has everything the pupils need such as football and basketball course. Small details such as the parking, bike parking and use of different props such as the trees, benches and such makes the school look very lively.

Good luck to everyone - make the best one win :)

Regards Iskrem

Orange_o_

RESULTS

Thank you again for participating, your lots are all very beautiful and show the diversity of the various schools.

For this new trophies I wanted the not participating members can still find an interest in selecting themselves the winner. If this initiative has been applied to TSC, here, we can not say that this has been a success.  &mmm
I still think it's a good thing, then I would continue in this solution.

Your vote :

CasperVg lot N°2 = 0
Scirius S54 = 1
Art128 = 2
Badsim = 3
CasperVg lot N°1 = 4
Vnaoned = 6

The winner is again Vnaoned, .... but I think a lot that this choice was influenced more, by his magnificent BAT as its LOTs. So I'm going exceptionally appoint two winners Vnaoned and CasperVg

Vnaoned, CasperVg    
So you win a BAT each with a maximum size of 4 tiles. Let me know as soon as possible to BAT you want.

Once again I urge all participants to upload their lots so that the whole community can benefit from your excellency. (Vnaoned is the same for your BAT  $%Grinno$%)

And thank you also to all those who have followed him without saying anything these trophies, I hope the next time you will overcome your shyness

thank's iskrem

Orange_o_

Badsim

Congratulations to the winners .  &apls

Despite the fact the most impressive lesson from these results is the lack of interest at Devotion . ::)

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Orange_o_

And yes my friend, Sc4devotion is a forum yet very visited.

I do not know why there are no more participants here. Perhaps it is the name of trophies?  &mmm

In all cases save those involved that we can win. :)
Here's an advanced bat requested by casper, I made the hardest, the rest should be simple. So tomorrow night it should be ended.
I must change the texture.

This image is an enlargement just to show the closest

Vnaoned has also been an inspiration for his riding since BAT is the "Horses of Marly". The two statues are located on the Place de la Concorde ... it's perfect for "Triumphal Way"

jmyers2043

This is a nice statue. I have several done by Jarnomiedema and use them in almost every city I build. How big will this statue be? Will it be about the same size as statues done by Jarnomiedema? I hope that you will post a tutorial on how you did 'some' of the details. It took me three weeks of trial and error to learn how to make the human form correctly in gmax. It's very difficult getting the proportions right. Making buildings for Sim City is easy. Walls are splines and roofs are extruded lines. I can't image how difficult it must be to make a horse with riders.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Badsim

Oh My God . :o

Have never seen something like this ...

Each time I think have seen all from you David - or should I better say "I think I know what you are able to " , you come back and give me a new slap !  &blush

I'm afraid that the Hittorff's fountains  $%#Ninj2 are inevitably for you ...

Ps : The picture about what Casper has requested ;

Again :  :o

Cédric .

Edit:
Quote from: Orange_o_ on October 19, 2009, 04:31:27 PM

I must change the texture ...

Is that a joke ?

iskrem

Concrats to both winners - well deserved &apls

Orange that is indeed a beautiful statue - and your batting skills are superb! ::)
Will you by any chance release the Lion of Belfort Statue that Vnanoned won the first competition? :)

Regards Iskrem