• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CSX Plays on Shosaloza

Started by Colyn, December 19, 2006, 03:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

An excellent update, Colyn, full of interesting details in words and pictures. The use of the canals is very clever and I would never have though of doing things that way. The terraforming has been well thought out too. This is a difficult map and needs this sort of touch to make it all work. The story is building nicely too ;D
This also showing us what BATs, lots etc are useful in this type of terrain and what needs to be made.
Thanks for the update. I am watching with envy at your innovation. Mind you, if I wasn't chief cook and bottlewasher I may actually get round to playing a bit more :P
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Colyn

Thank you Barby ... I really enjoy the difficult maps a lot ... This last city was kind of a cheat for me as I needed a reason to go a bit extreme on the terraforming. Well the Reverand and Vuzi was a good pair to get me to where I wanted to go.  :D
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

sebes

Great story and great city-management Colyn!  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jeronij

Hi Colyn,

great set of pictures, and a very interesting and original history behind it  &apls

I enjoyed my visit  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Alfred.Jones

Very nice work Colyn :thumbsup: Wonderful pictures and great history ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

Very nice using of the canals! Great town and work! Fantastic pictures! :thumbsup:

Colyn

Well time to show the heart of the jobs in my region ... this is the city of Danskraal and it sits at B1

Thanks for the comments ... I appreciate it.

Region Stats now ...

Residential = 612,335
Commercial = 236,807
Industrial = 139,591

Danskraal stats ...

Residential = 0
Commercial = 116,536
Industrial = 69,982

Not much of a story here ... just some shots to give you an idea of what I have been doing.

The commercial heart ... I like this.

Some creative highway work ... this city swims in the money.

... more highway work.

A favourite industrial of mine ...

A large MEGA 11x13 ... Barby made it.

More CBD ...

Some gems amongst the skyscrapers.

More gems ...

An overview over the Industrial park ... more than 90% of the lots are my 8x8 MEGA Industrials.

Hope it was a pleasant ride and do come back for more ;)
Come see CSX Play

BarbyW

Great overviews especially the night ones. I am envious that you have Mellona Tower grown as I love that. I find it interesting that you have no residents. I have mixed RCI in this city and will show some more pics later. I also like the use of parks here and there to break up the monotony. I see the need for some new lots though. ;D

TheTeaCat

Wow so much to digest.
Magnificent update, great storyline too and impressive industrial area. &apls &apls

looking forward to more

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

mattb325

Holy c**p. These updates are brilliant. Like The Tea Cat said, there is much to digest.

Some of the best for me:

*The story line is a fantastic read.
*The use of the canals to divert melted snow and the terracing in the hills of Mansimnyama
*Showing us a trashed city being transformed

Those skyscrapers in Danskraal are surreal: I reognise a couple, but most I have never seen before. It gives the city a totally futuristic feel  &apls :thumbsup:

sebes

Very good work Colyn. Your downtown-by-night is amazing - surreal.

Question: is Barbys 11x13 mega IND lot (with the Baltic flour mill) available for the public?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Colyn

The Baltic was released as part of my collectiom of 8x8 Mega lots on the STEX. It was released in 3 CSX collections ... ID IM IHT. I dont think Barby's 11x13 has been released.
Come see CSX Play

BarbyW

I have never made an 11x13 with the Baltic. The 11x13 Soton Tyres lot was released in the 2005 Oktoberfest. garyreggae is revisiting the BAT and it will be released as a mega growable when ready.
Just to give you all a good laugh, I had a HD crash in early November and when I reinstalled SC4 I forgot to replace some plugins back in my playing folder. One of the models I left out was the Tyre Factory. Today I zoned 11x13 and guess what I got :D Yup, a humungous brown box. Fortunately I know someone who knows why brown boxes appear so have now corrected the problem.

bat

Wonderful pictures of the downtown in the night! :thumbsup:

sebes

Thanks - Sorry I mixed up the picture titles -  /sad¬¬
I have the Soton Tyres quite often in my industrial areas (that is: if it didn't burn down already  ;) )
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Traff

Fantastic work Colyn.
There are many places I'd like to visit in this region.
The storyline is interesting and amusing
:)

What are those overhanging decks in the waterfalls pics?

Colyn

I assume you are talking about the decks in this picture ... The originals were from PEG but I modded them for my own use.
Come see CSX Play

NikNik

Well, that's what you get when  not paying attention. I almost missed your great story Colyn!

Love what you did to the region. I hate corrupt politicians.
You know, I got a riot in one of my towns the other day. It was my first in 2 years of game play and I forgot to take photo's, blast! I hope there will be another one soon then I will make some photo's as the riot police was quite impressive.

I guess you plopped most of the buildings in that awesome commercial district?

Nik-Nik

Colyn

Thanks ... nope ... that commercial district are all growables ... there is one plop and obviously the parks but every one of those buildings grew on it's own.

I rarely use plops in big commercial zones like that. I use commercial plops in the small towns for example my lodges.

Come see CSX Play

bat

wonderful picture and waterfall-area!