• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Devotion LEX Updates - Now on HTTPS

Started by CasperVg, January 15, 2013, 02:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turjan

Quote from: MandelSoft on January 15, 2013, 02:56:33 AM
Quote from: CasperVg on January 15, 2013, 02:45:21 AM
  • Added a "You need to be logged in" message in lot descriptions if the user is not logged in/registered.
We needed that one for a long time. It will surely reduce the number of "WHERES TEH DOWNLOAD BUTTON!?!?!?!1!1one"-questions. :thumbsup:
An actual link to a login page would be awesome. If it's there, I didn't see it last time I checked.

CasperVg

First set of 2013 LEX Updates has been rolled out, including everything mentioned in the "Implemented features" section of the original post. The dependency tracker is also in-place, but since it requires manual work to make it actually run, it might take awhile until you stop seeing the "This upload does not support the tracker yet" message now and then.

Hope you like the changes - feel free to suggest extra features and/or enhancements :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Swordmaster

Yup, looks good Casper. Thanks!

Cheers
Willy

rooker1

Awesome work Casper!! Thank you very much for all your very hard work.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

CasperVg

Thanks guys - here's a few extra examples of the new custom groups and dependency tracking system.

A custom group for Diggis' Streams (Shingle and Grass) set (lots, dependencies, etc):
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_search_00.php?pNO=0&sSTATEMENT=LOTGROUP%3D%273%27

And the dependency tracker for one of them (Diggis Ponds Addon Set 1):
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_deptracker.php?lotID=2087
or for Mattb325's GE Money:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_deptracker.php?lotID=2977

Girafe

Thanks for your work Casper  &apls &apls

I tested the custom group with BSC - VIP girafe flora, it works fine, I would maybe add a "page" or a "tab" where we can find directly all the custom groups created.

If it's possible to sort the comments by the most recent it would be great.

Something different, but I think we could create an item type "Mayor Mod" after the item category "Mod general".

I will try the dependencies tracker later as it seems to be a little more complex.

EDIT: if i go to my files there is a bug in the name of the upload with the version. It's written (v)

EDIT2: if i go to my custom group on the left sidebar, I have the group I have created but if I click on it I have a not found URL 
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

CasperVg

QuoteI tested the custom group with BSC - VIP girafe flora, it works fine, I would maybe add a "page" or a "tab" where we can find directly all the custom groups created.
That's a good idea. You can current see a small list of all the created custom groups in the Power Search menu too, but I'll make a more extensive list for it later on :)

QuoteIf it's possible to sort the comments by the most recent it would be great.
Do you mean the LEX lot comments? Those are in order right now, but I believe it's oldest (top) to youngest (bottom).

QuoteSomething different, but I think we could create an item type "Mayor Mod" after the item category "Mod general".
Great idea. I've added a new LEX Category called "Mod - Mayor Mode". I'll begin moving some mods over there soon :)

QuoteI will try the dependencies tracker later as it seems to be a little more complex.
Cool, good luck :) I tried to keep the syntax as simple as possible, but I'll probably end up doing a tutorial on it later on too

QuoteEDIT: if i go to my files there is a bug in the name of the upload with the version. It's written (v)
You're right. Fixing that as soon as possible

vortext

Wow, the dependency tracker is nifty and will be extremely useful when it's fully implemented. Great work! &apls  &apls

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Girafe

Thanks for the point  ;)

Amazing updates Casper  &apls &apls &apls

I have a problem with custom group (EDIT 2), if I click on the group I get an error page:

"Those are in order right now, but I believe it's oldest (top) to youngest (bottom)".

It would be cool to have the youngest at the top as I need to scroll down long time to get the newest messages and there are so many messages  ::)

I tested the new Mayor Mode category (switched my files, test the research by this category), all is working nice thanks :)

Another small problem, when we choose a category, it "should" put it on the top of the image. This feature works only if an admin do it and I never understood why.

An admin forgot to do it with my poppies so there is an example:

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Girafe

Dependency tracker works fine with links to LEX and STEX  ;)
The Floraler

CasperVg

Something else I've been working on.. still in development but getting there.

P.S.: Fluorescent yellow border not included in package

JoeST

dang, that is an awesome feature :D
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Swordmaster

I want the yellow border!

Well, good luck implementing this. Obviously a ground-breaking feature.

Cheers
Willy

Girafe

That's a really good feature  ;)
The Floraler

vester

weixc812

Well, I've been fed up with this old-looking interface  (kidding $%Grinno$%
The new features look really great  &apls
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

CasperVg

@ Swordmaster: Sure, you can have it.
CasperVg adds yellow border exception for username "SwordMaster"
@ weixc812: Heh, the interface itself is a little dated, that's true. There's people working on that side of things too though. ;)

Figured you guys might like to see an actual "real world" screenie:

EDIT: Oops, just noticed the typo in the text..

RepublicMaster

This is a great feature! Will save heaps of time! :D Does it download everything as one file? Or several downloads at once. Several downloads at once my lag out some browsers.

JoeST

@RepublicMaster, I highly doubt that it bundles things, since that would require server-side repackaging. And would also require the server to download any external packages to itself which would probably be frowned upon, or would get the server banned from the external source.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

CasperVg

It actually does bundle the zips server-side and downloads them as one big file. Unfortunately bundling downloads from other sites is not possible (heavily frowned upon and would probably require some sort of API from Simtropolis, ToutSimCities, etc.), so you'll still have to download those seperately.

I looked into downloading everything at once separately (instead of bundled, to avoid the server-side repackaging) but that would require very new HTTP features (downloading as multipart - only supported by Firefox) or a Flash, Java webapp to handle the downloads, which I felt was overkill. The server-side repackaging is quite fast anyhow; instantaneous on most dependency collections, or about 1-2 seconds for very big (100MB+) ones.