• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Prop Family Index

Started by BarbyW, September 26, 2007, 07:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

I guess of everyone, I'd have the latest list, but I'm pretty sure that's not absolutely complete, especially with legacy ranges. Were you still using the same User ID when it was issued as now? I've done a quick search under your current ID and didn't get a match.

xxdita

I've been me the whole time, I swear. Check under Nate?

catty

I've still got the original list that Barby sent me and am wondering if the range that was issued to "Dita" might be xxdita range?

mgb204 I'm pretty certain I must have passed this onto you, but just in case am sending it to you again ... can't attach files to PMs here so sending it to you over at Simtropolis
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

xxdita

Thank you Catty! And thank you all for maintaining these lists.

mgb204

Nothing under Nate either, although I do have a range for "Dita" as Catty mentions.

Honestly, if you can't be really sure and want to go releasing Prop Families into the wild, I think the best solution might be to give you a new range. So many ranges get allocated, but no content ever gets released using them in many cases. So if we take our "best guess", it just increases the odds of unintended conflicts.

P.s. Thanks Catty for sending the file, but unless my memory is playing tricks, my source file when I took over allocating ranges was passed from yourself to me. Therefore, it's most likely identical, with the exception of my additions.

xxdita

I'm 99.9% certain this is my range. It only makes sense that Barby wrote the name for my range that she used to refer to me in her post.

Quote from: BarbyW on April 15, 2008, 03:29:40 AM
Dita you know your range.   

And I don't see another Dita on the list. So we'll go with it.

BartonThinks

Hi there,

I'd like to request a family ID range.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on an issue I'm having with some improvised prop families (personal use). I've assigned a number of props to families using the following naming convention: "B700XXXX." The first few families work fine (e.g., "B7000001", "B7000002", etc.), but a number of other families don't work at all. The props appear fine in PIM-X, but they never appear in the actual game.

I can't figure out what's causing the issue, and I was wondering if I made a basic error with the ID ranges.

mgb204

BartonThinks' Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F860100 --> 0x5F8601FF

I've sent you a PM with a link to download the allocated ID listing.

If a specific Prop Family is not working, that can be incredibly frustrating to find the problem. You should carefully check that the data in the Prop Exemplars (and Parent Cohort for the family, where used), are all correctly formatted data.

I can't remember the specifics now, but I believe the Rep value for the Property Prop/Building Family has to be correct. So check if this is different for a working family and non-working one before going further.

If you get stuck, PM me a copy of your Prop Exemplars with Problems and I'll try to take a look into them for you.

BartonThinks

Quote from: mgb204 on September 05, 2020, 03:54:18 AM
BartonThinks' Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F860100 --> 0x5F8601FF

If a specific Prop Family is not working, that can be incredibly frustrating to find the problem. You should carefully check that the data in the Prop Exemplars (and Parent Cohort for the family, where used), are all correctly formatted data.

I can't remember the specifics now, but I believe the Rep value for the Property Prop/Building Family has to be correct. So check if this is different for a working family and non-working one before going further.

If you get stuck, PM me a copy of your Prop Exemplars with Problems and I'll try to take a look into them for you.
Thanks a ton, MGB. For the moment, I've given up on the families that were not working and simply switched to lotting with individual props. I'm fairly sure that the prop exemplars themselves were not an issue, and I didn't use any Parent Cohorts.

My assumption was that one or two of the instance ID digits might be sensitive, similar to how certain digits in texture IDs indicate wealth or zoom level. I was changing the third and fourth instance ID digits to distinguish between different groups of prop families -- the families that worked had these digits as "00," whereas the families that did not work used digits such as "01," "07," "11," etc.

Now that I have a proper ID range, I'll try creating some new families to see if I'm still having problems. If I run into issues, I'll let you know.

Thanks again!

mgb204

Flann's (Simtropolis) Prop Family ID Range issued:
0x5F860200 --> 0x5F8602FF

mgb204

Raymond7cn's (Simtropolis) Prop Family ID Range issued:
0x5F860300 --> 0x5F8603FF

pgxpgx

Hello,
I would need a family props ID Range. Thanks, and sorry for having previously posted the same request in the wrong thread (Texture IDs). Best regards. Pascal

mgb204

pgxpgx's Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F860400 --> 0x5F8604FF

pgxpgx

Bat4Mancs

Hi, if this is still going could I get a family props ID range?

Joey Messina

Hi, I would like to request a prop family range. I produce content for Simtropolis as "EfftheGrid"

Thank you!

mgb204

Bat4Mancs' Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F860500 --> 0x5F8605FF

EfftheGrid (Joey Messina)'s Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F860600 --> 0x5F8606FF

I've sent you both a PM with a link to download a complete listing of your allocated IDs.  :)

pippinos

Hi. I would like to ask for a prop family range please.

mgb204

pippinos' Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F860700 --> 0x5F8607FF

I've sent you a PM with a link to download a text file listing all your allocated IDs. Enjoy creating.

Gwada971

Hello, could you please allocate me a prop family range, for personal use. And also I have a question, do I need a special ID range for personal MMPs.
Thank you.