• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Cleanitol TM

Started by wouanagaine, January 22, 2007, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixxa

Yes, it created his folder in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins, with the subfolders too.
Obviously this is a problem only I am having with Cleanitol. I am really tempted to uninstall simcity completely and reinstall it, and see if this would solve the problem.
Thank you for taking the time to look into this anyway.

wouanagaine

I have no Ideas, I will however make an update for other reasons tomorrow and will try to output a more usefull error message ( at least for me ) for this error if you want to try it

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

wouanagaine

A new version has been uploaded to LEX

pixxa can you test it please, it won't fix the bug, but normally it will help me narrowing what is going on

Other users are welcome to download it, due to some change in Pegasus way of handling url

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

pixxa

wouanagaine you are an ANGEL!!! Whatever it is that you changed, now the tool works perfectly. I tried it with different cleanup files, I filled up my plugins folder of trash, and it cleaned everything without any problem. Thank you so much!

wouanagaine

Pixxa, I really don't understand how this can have solve your problem
Can you please take a very carefull look at the report, as the only thing I changed is that the error is written in the report and allow the tool to recover from the error, instead of outputing in a console stderr/stdout and crash

New Horizons Productions

emilin

Hmmm... I seriously have no idea if this is a problem caused by Cleanitol or something else, but if you have any idea if this could be related to something I did with your tool I'd be very grateful.

I ran C once before and it worked fine. Today I installed some more stuff (only stuff from the LEX) and ran it again. However I probably chose the wrong location file. I think that I selected the ".result"-file because it took about ten times longer to run C untill it was finished. I thought "Well, that was silly of me, but probably no biggy..." and chose "backup now" which also took a terrible amount of time, and halfway through it crashed. After that I redid the whole process with the correct location file, and it worked fine.

When I looked at the folder created from the time I ran it the wrong way it contained a number of strange .dat files that I'm not sure where they belong. I put them back into the plugins folder in a separate folder.

To make things even more confusing: after this I ran the DAT-packer and it worked just fine. I don't think this has anything to do with anything, but I thought it would be best to tell you.

Now I finally started the game up, and everything looked fine EXCEPT that the diagonal pieces of the Trolca dirt roads are asphalt??? I checked the Trolca folders and they look fine.

If this was the only trouble I would just reinstall the dirtroads again, but I'm afraid that I might have corrupted something more serious, so any input before I move on would be much appriciated.

Thank you!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

wouanagaine

emilin

Did the trolca roads don't display after datpacker or with your normal plugins folder ?
It was not very clever to hit 'backup' with a bad files. 50-50. I should have take care of non cleanitol files.
However in the backuped folder you should have an undo.bat that you can run to put the files back. ( in that particular case you should edit it before running it to see if it looks like correct ) or PM it to me so I can tell you if it looks safe to run it.( note the useage of word 'look' )

New Horizons Productions

emilin

After closer inspection it turns out the DATpacker was the problem. Apparantly my transit folder wasn't structured properly, and for some reason that became a problem when the folders were compressed.

The roads are back, but I still want to make sure I didn't corrupt something else. I PM the undo.bat to you, and if you take a look before I run it I would appriciate it very much.

BlackwaterEmil's inn

wouanagaine

Look taken :)

Can you post in the DatPacker support thread what was the problem with your plugin subfolders ?

New Horizons Productions

Heinz

hello woua!
  i havent been checking up on my post re: the error i had running cleanitol. i tried your suggestion to another forumer to DL 2 .dll files. i tried it out and the error went away! thank you so much!!! im a new devotee to the game and im loving it more because of devotees like you. thanks so much. now my only problem will be to sort out what packs i need to install and in what correct order. lolz i installed the game in january and i am overwhelmed with all the packs and lots and mods and all so even if cleanitol seems to be working well, i still dont know if my game with all the packs and lots are working at optimum

emilin

Thank you for all your help! It seems to work just fine now. I will post a description of what I think happend in the DATpacker thread.

Once again: thank you!

BlackwaterEmil's inn

pixxa

wouanagaine of course you were right in the sense that Cleanitol WAS reporting an error but I thought it was a small thing... and was so happy to see it working again that didn't pay much attention to it.
I am sorry. So now we know I am not a good tester lol.

R E P O R T
ERROR while searching for *.html in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for *.htm in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for *.jpeg in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for *.jpg in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for *.txt in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for *.sav in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for *.gif in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for Desktop.ini in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for thumbs.db in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for *.doc in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for *.rtf in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for *.zip in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for *.xml in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for *.iit in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for *.exe in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for bldgprop_vol1.dat in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]ERROR while searching for bldgprop_vol2.dat in G:\SimCity 4\Plugins\LOTS\EDUCATION\DEDWD_SMALL COUNTRY SCHOOL [ELEM-HI]*.html not found
*.htm not found
*.jpeg not found
*.jpg not found
*.txt not found
*.sav not found
*.gif not found
Desktop.ini not found
thumbs.db not found
*.doc not found
*.rtf not found
*.zip not found
*.xml not found
*.iit not found
*.exe not found
You seem to be up to date with needed dependancies

After I changed the name of the folder, I ran the tool again and it didn't give me any error anymore. Renamed again, the error came back. It seems Cleanitol doesn't like the [ELEM-HI], because I tried many name combinations and that is the only one that makes the error come back.

wouanagaine

Thx pixxa

I see what is going, I'll try to fix it but it a standard function, so I will need to reinvent the wheel

Thk for your time

New Horizons Productions

petercintn

I'm just dropping by to say thanks wouanagaine,

Thanks!
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

Heinz

hello! i need help. again. im new to the plugging in of things into sc4. and since CLEANITOL is the tool that can help solve my problem, i decided to post here. iv been downloading like crazy a few weeks back and had to stop because of so many dependancies. my question is. for bsc, are the filenames like for example::: BSC_BAT_PROPS_maker_volx    already obsolete? i just download the megaprop pack of "maker" and all is good?

wouanagaine

Thx petercintn

zniehadajet, most of BSC_BAT_PROPS_maker_volx  have been merged. On the LEX you have the Dependency help http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_depend00.html
With that you have almost everything
After downloading thoses, try running cleanitol with this file http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=190

Take care

New Horizons Productions

wouanagaine

I have upload v1.9 which should fix pixxa bug
It may also work faster but not that sure

New Horizons Productions

Heinz

Heinz

pardon the double post. seems like there have been no problems or suggestions since march 4.

anyway, i think there may be something wrong with the newest cleanitol mega packs file.   
in the list, more specifically in the files to be cleared, there is a double referrence to BSC MEGA PROPS - D66 Vol01.
i believe the second one is supposed to point to BSC MEGA PROPS D66 Vol02.  ?? ()what()

also, mainly as a suggestion or question for that matter:
since CLEANITOL TM is one that helps with dependencies and all,
may i ask if any of these files should make it to this said CLEANITOL MEGA PACKS file?
CSX BAT PROPS 2006e
CSX BAT PROPS 2007a
BSC JES TEXTURE V1
BSC BAT PROPS MJB V9
JMYERS PROPS V1 and V2
T1 PROPS V1
VDK TEXTURES V1 and V2
VDK BAT PROPS V1
MEGA PROPS CAL V1

Shadow Assassin

A great program, indeed.

It found out that I had so many missing dependencies (I never noticed nor needed them, lol) - in terms of mega packs, but I still had my original versions.

Oh, and a suggestion regarding the Cleanitol text files. As soon as you download a fresh new text file with Cleanitol information, put it straight into a subfolder within the main program files of the Cleanitol directory (so it goes BSCCleanitol > Cleanitol Text Files). That way, you a) keep them just in case you need to do it again, b) it saves you from having to navigate elsewhere, since the default starting point is the BSCCleanitol directory.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!