• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Cleanitol TM

Started by wouanagaine, January 22, 2007, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

Thx SA

Heinz, sorry I have not noticed your post
I will update the mega pack list soon

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

meldolion

Hi all,
maybe is a dumb question, every megapack come with its cleanitool file, and having downloaded a lot of them I've a lot of cleanitool files: what I wanted to know was that it is safe merge alle the cleanitool files in one file, or if there was a way to tell cleanitool do perform a clean using all these files

thanks
Luca

wouanagaine

Hi luca

you can merge the files without any problems, just use notepad or anything better :)

however if you merge
file A which declare dependency Depend1.dat
with
file B which declare Depend1 as obsolete, you will have undefined behavior

so merging is not just a copy/paste operation

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

wouanagaine

I have uploaded a new version ( 2.1 ) on the LEX

You can now have the cleanitol in English, French or German. Just rename the correct language.lang into current.lang

New Horizons Productions

CabraBuitre

Woua,

I haven't tested this with Vista yet... do we know if the cleanitol is compatible with vista?

Check out Abelfarei!

wouanagaine

it is.
I think you still need the msvcp71.dll and gdiplus.dll

New Horizons Productions

CabraBuitre

Are these the two files needed for the .dat packer too?

... and how/where would they need to be installed?  I have both files, but I'm just not sure where to put them or how to install them to the right location if it isn't a simple click and drop installation from where they are on my desktop presently...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Check out Abelfarei!

wouanagaine

yes they are needed
the best location is to place them under c:/windows/system32 which is normally availabe on your PATH environment variable

I have now a Vista PC and both work fine ( cleanitol and datpacker ). However the Vista I have come installed, and I haven't to download those files, they are already isntalled. Maybe not the case in your installation

New Horizons Productions

CabraBuitre

Ah.... I haven't even tried using either application yet, so I'm not sure if they work or not.  They very well may have them.

I'll have to do a bit more investigation with it.  RLS has hit me very hard of late, so when I get more of a chance to do some digging instead of just sticking my head here, then I'll know!

Check out Abelfarei!

Oliadar

Quote from: Grneyes on February 05, 2007, 02:59:57 PM
Ok, I ran this and got this msg:

*.jpeg not found
*.sav not found
*.gif not found
MISSING : bldgprop_vol1.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://simcity.ea.com/downloads/getfile_pri.php?filename=bldgprop_vol1.dat
MISSING : bldgprop_vol2.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://simcity.ea.com/downloads/getfile_pri.php?filename=bldgprop_vol2.dat
You seem to be missing some dependancies

Where do I download the missing dependencies to?
And what if you can't register at EA. I did it under IE6 and FF2, but although it says it sends a registration mail (6 addresses used), i never receive it

jeronij

Quote from: Oliadar on May 13, 2007, 02:10:35 AM
And what if you can't register at EA. I did it under IE6 and FF2, but although it says it sends a registration mail (6 addresses used), i never receive it

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1041.msg35435#msg35435
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Oliadar

Thanks, search didn't reveal it, so i missed the thread :)

blois

can someone tell me how to change lag to english and to restore old zips please ty

wouanagaine

rename english.lang as current.lang
to restore I suppose you mean get the file back ? use the undo.bat which is located on the folders under My Docs\Simcity4\BSCCleanitol. The folders are named by the date you run the cleanitol

New Horizons Productions

wouanagaine

The BSC Mega pack list has been updated
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=190

A big thank to Barbyw for taking care of all the file tracking  :thumbsup:

New Horizons Productions

tommiej

got a problem with the cleaningtol..
i wanted to install the newest version of the NAM (the essentials), it got a .txt file for the removal of old NAM parts
so i located the files, and when i backuped them, then i got an error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 481, in OnStart
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 256, in process
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe7 in position 39: ordinal not in range(128)

can somebody tell me what's wrong??
thanks tommiej
Men's imagination is exceeding his capabilities, that's why men is still dreaming.

wouanagaine

looks like there is either a filename in the NAM list with some non 7bit character ( french accent, umlaut etc.. ) or that your path to My Documents contains such characters
I thought I have fixed that with the latest version, Is it with that latest version of cleanitol ?

New Horizons Productions

Andreas

If that's the reason, it's probably the "NetworkAddonMod_Translation_Plugin_française.dat" line. Does the problem still exist with the latest version of BSC Cleanitol?
Andreas

tommiej

the strange thing is, i ran it again to see if the files where moved and they were.. so it did work, but on the end there was an error..
i will download the cleaningtol again.. maybe that will help
thanks
Men's imagination is exceeding his capabilities, that's why men is still dreaming.

wouanagaine

The file are moved, but the error seems to be in written the report file
I'll fix it when I have time

New Horizons Productions