• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Cleanitol TM

Started by wouanagaine, January 22, 2007, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHYPO

I hope this isn't a repeat comment.

I just downloaded this program but haven't used it yet - I just wanted to friendlily suggest (unless there is a tech reason it has to be this way) that the installation directory page of the installer gives the normal "..." browse button, but it's greyed out, so one cannot select the installation directory (as one usually can for BSC installers). Again, not sure if this was intentional because BSCCleanitol is coded with the set installation directory or anything, but if it's possible in a future release, that would be nice, as I prefer to keep my SimCity files in a certain location other than c:\program files :)

Thanks all.

Andreas

This is intentional. BSC Cleanitol has to be installed in this folder, otherwise, the "undo.bat" files won't work properly. I guess you can move the installed files to another folder, but you won't be able to double-click the "undo.bat" that reverts your changes to the plugins folder anymore.
Andreas

wouanagaine

To add from Andreas post, it is intentionnal because we may come to a solution that other products installers ( and it is not limited to BSC installers ) can launch the cleanitol with their included list when installing. But this requires the tool to be in a specific known folder.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

MAS71

Hi Wouanagaine  :)

Thank you for sharing your great tool "BSC Cleanitol TM"  ;)
I have a basicaly question about working it.
(I'm sorry that I ask such a question now $%Grinno$%)

What folder does this tool scan?
Is this only "My Document/SimCity 4/ Plugins/" ??
How about sub-folders under "Plugins/" ??
and Can it scan into "C:Program Files/Maxis/SimCity 4/Plugins/" too ??

I already have lot of "Dependenceis (Prop-Pack, Texture-Pack)" and I had worked this tool with "RemoveList*****".
I made the environment where a file repeated intentionally and tested it.
However, all of result is "Missing...." &mmm

Of course, I using "Windows-XP" now.(home edition - SP2)

Can you understand my no good English? :-[
Do you have any idea about it??

Thank you for reading Wouanagain  ;)

wouanagaine

Very good english ( at least from my french point of view :) ), MAS-san

The tool scans:
C:/Program Files/Maxis/SimCity 4/Plugins/ and all subfolders
and My Document/SimCity 4/ Plugins/ and all subfolders

However I must confess that I'm not sure how it handles folders with japaneses characters in the name.
What is the full path to 'My Documents' on your HD ? Mine is c:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Mes Documents
If it contains japaneses characters, that may be the problem.

Hope it makes sense to you
Take care

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

MAS71

Thank you for your polite answer quickly Wouanagaine san!! ;)

At first, I thought that Japanese influenced about it mee too.
but, I don't use japanese characters to my accout in my PC :)

My full path is
C:/Documents and Settings/MasCri2006/My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins/
and
C:/Program Files/Maxis/SimCity 4 Deluxe/Plugins/

hummm.
I'll try it more little in various states.
If I would know something, I'll report about then again ;)

Thank you again Wouanagaine san!!

wouanagaine

You're welcome MAS San

We found a bug after your post, especially if you tried with the CAM List.
I'm uploading a new version of Cleanitol, and the CAM list will be updated to accomodate the change

Sorry for the inconvinience

New Horizons Productions

MAS71

Yes!!  It got work correctly !! :thumbsup:

I downloaded the latest version, and it functioned normally. &apls

all over again. Thank you very much for your wonderful tool Wouanagaine san!! :D

Krall

This is one awesome tool wouanagaine, thanks for making it :) It just cleared up my large headache with trying to figure out which dependencies I was missing for the 10 or so buildings I installed.

I have a question though, I still get these showing up as missing:

MISSING : SmalltownUSA - Collector's Edition.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=642
MISSING : BSC MEGA Props - JENX Vol02.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=629
MISSING : BSC MEGA Props - DAE Vol01.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=475
MISSING : CSX MEGA Props - Vol03.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=461
MISSING : BSC Mega Props - JES Vol01.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=342
MISSING : BSCTexturePack JES Vol02.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=341

I have downloaded all of those files (except the last one since it's locked and I haven't found the newer one yet) and installed them, but they still show up as missing with the cleanitol and in-game I have some missing props. I take it I am doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what since those all come with installers.

Can you guys please point me in the right direction?

Thanks  :)

wouanagaine

Hi Krall

This has been reported to me by BSC also yesterday , I made some spelling mistakes when I wrote the filenames, I will upload a clean list tomorrow.

Take care

New Horizons Productions

MAS71

Hi Wouanagaine san !!  :)

May I questiong about a Langage data ?
Now, I try to make a "japan.lang" for Japanese users. ;)

For Japanese, We need to use character are "EUC-JP" , "UTF-8"  or  "SHIFT-JIS".
but "EUC-JP" and "UTF-8" could not use for default your tool.
(Cleanitol was not work correctry.  and It was finished forcibly. :-[)

and
When I used only "SHIFT-JIS", the conversion of the letter succeeded. :thumbsup:
However, the next error message was displayed when I was BACKUP it, did not work it  normally. &mmm
Furthermore, "####_result.html" and "undo.bat" are made for the time being at MyDocuments/SimCity 4/Plugins/ , but all of them are empty data.

Quote from: Error MessageTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 489, in OnStart
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 255, in process
  File "encodings\iso8859_15.pyo", line 18, in encode
UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode characters in position 0-6: character maps to <undefined>

I think whether this cause lacks language data to be non-correspondence. :-[

I don't know well about system program.
Do you have any advice for me Wouanagaine san ?? ()what()

Thank you  for reading !! :)

imaplaybaby

Here's hoping I am in the right thread.  I recently got a new computer and I have been re-loading everything.  Tonight I tried to re-install the Cleanitol (by the way, LOVE IT) but I have a non-C drive installation on my Sim City 4 and the cleanitol will not allow me to change the installation path.  I tried loading to C: drive and moving to the SC4 drive but that wont work either.  Any ideas?  I am quite sure that now that I have experienced life with Cleanitol, that I just cannot live without it!

TIA
imaplaybaby

Andreas

Cleanitol has to be placed into the "Program Files" path of your current Windows installation (and this is C:\... in almost any cases). It doesn't matter where you installed SimCity, but the *.bat files that allow you to restore your original plugins folder only work if they "know" where Cleanitol is installed. If you happen to have your Windows installation on D:\ or somewhere else, I guess it should be possible to move the Cleanitol folder to that drive (by keeping the rest of the path, though) after the installation.
Andreas

imaplaybaby

Okay, so I am still not able to load Cleanitol. I have windows installed on my C:/ drive (which is partitioned with only the operating system and other system specific files) and SC4 is on my E:/ drive (yeah, not conventional but stuff happens)  Cleanitol auto installs to the C:/ drive (according to Andreas, this is where it needs to be, regardless of where my SC4 is installed), but when I try to launch I get an error and the error log give this info:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

As I am basically computer illiterate, I have no clue what this is telling me!  Please help, I really like this program and it has saved me many gray hairs!

TIA
imaplaybaby

Bluebeard

Ok Rayden are you sure you want to help a computer moron?.
    Now It appears I got it installed but I'm getting odd messages.When the Cleanitol scans a list sometimes I get a "Not Present" plus on the bottom it reads :You Seem to be up to date with needed dependancies:
   So is these messages normal and am I using the tool correct?.Thanx

RippleJet

The best report you could get by Cleanitol is one that says:

- "not found" after each file that should be removed and
- "You seem to be up to date with needed dependancies"

That means no files need to be removed and no dependencies are missing (for this particular Cleanitol TXT file) ;)

Bluebeard

Thanx RJ:
     So "Not Found" or Not Present are the same things and it's a good thing?.

What kinda of other messages is there?.Thanx

Rayden

I thought you said it wouldn't run, looks like it's not the case. Look at this picture bellow;

1-Top of the image, to the right you have that little button with 3 dots. If you press it, it will show you a folder where the famous cleanitol lists are stored. Some of our (BSC) lots/packs have a cleanitol file with a list that you should copy it to this folder. It's that list you should choose then from the folder.
2- Down the image you will find the "Locate files" button. If you press it it will scroll/browse your plugins folder looking for the links on those list's content. When it finishes, it will show you a small summary with a message that you're up to date with needed dependencies, or, a message like the one on the picture, "You seems to be missing some dependencies", and with a convinient link to the missing dependency.
3- If you're missing any dependency, click the link to download it.
4- Scroll up and dowm that summary, and if there is any line there with a plugin name and in front it says found, it means that you have a dependency that you sould remove, or because it's obsolete, or because it is on the pack/plugin that you are installing (from where you copy that claenitol txt file to the lists folder). In that case, you should press then, the "Backup now" button, which it will remove those old plugins found to a folder that will be stored on your "\Users\Silvio\Documents\SimCity 4\BSC_Cleanitol". Inside that folder you'll find a folder named after the date which you used the Cleanitol Program. That folder will have all the plugins removed by Cleanitol, just in case you made a mistake, so, you can find and restore them, either manually or using the bat file created for that task and that is called undo and it's inside of that same folder.

Note: If the program doesn't find any old dependency and says you're up to needed ones, you don't have to do anything, just quit it.

I hope you can understand all this, just read it carefully and you will manage to work with it.

Bluebeard

Thanx Folks I would be so lost without SC4D.
   I had problems with the Cleanitol List that came with the downloads but then I stuck them all together and boom it appears to working now.Thanx again. :thumbsup:

Rayden

You're welcome, any other problem/doubt, just address that in here and we'll try our best to help you out, and before you "kill" Vista and Bill Gates for that $%Grinno$% :P :thumbsup: