• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NHP Mini Maps Series - Land Theme - NEED YOUR VOTE !

Started by wouanagaine, January 15, 2008, 02:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What mini maps you'd like to see in the Land Pack    

Meteor Crater
2 (9.5%)
Land Map 1
10 (47.6%)
Land 2  
2 (9.5%)
Land 3  
1 (4.8%)
Land 4
5 (23.8%)
RiverBed
7 (33.3%)
NHP Gemini River Ridge
13 (61.9%)
NHP Mcdonald Creek
5 (23.8%)
NHP Wilmer
14 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: January 28, 2008, 11:55:16 PM

wouanagaine

The New Horizons Production Team Needs Your Vote!

Currently, the NHP team has been hard at work in their laboratories creating custom mini-maps for a pack to be released to the general community. Entries have been compiled by nearly every member of the team into three categories. Land, coastal, and Island themes.

As a community member, we request that you take some time to browse through the selection of mini maps on display in this thread, then vote accordingly on which 3 maps you believe would best represent the package. One mini-map package will be released based on your vote.

The vote will remain open for 7 days!

Thank you in advance for browsing our catalogue of maps. We've been at this for nearly a month, and have put some pretty good efforts forth. All maps are NHP member created, using the latest in map making technologies. You'll be able to spot out certain member's characteristics, but you will not know who the map author is until the map is released in the pack!

Time to vote   ()stsfd()

And don't forget to look in the 2 others mini maps themes:
IsLand Theme
Coastal Theme

Meteor Crater
Size: 257x257
Config:  1x1 lrg tiles
png/sc4m file size: ??/??

Land Map 1
Size: 1025x1025
Config:  4x4 lrg tiles
png/sc4m file size: 1.08mb/1.08mb 

Land 2 
png/sc4m file size: 1.10mb/1.08mb 

Land 3  
png/sc4m file size: 1.05mb/1024kb 

Land 4 
png/sc4m file size: 1024kb/1.04mb

RiverBed
Size: 1025x513
Config:  4x2 lrg tiles
png/sc4m file size: 463kb/502kb

NHP Gemini River Ridge
Size: 513x769 pixels
Config: 2x3 Large Tiles

NHP Mcdonald Creek
Size: 513x1025 pixels
Config: 2x4 Large Tiles

NHP Wilmer
Size: 769x769 Pixels
Config: 3x3 Large Tiles

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

wouanagaine

there are some votes

Please be kind to post your opinon when voting, we'd like to have some feedback guys :)

New Horizons Productions

rooker1

RiverBed, NHP Gemini River Ridge, NHP Wilmer are my favourites maps in this group. 
RiverBed, the position of the river is perfectly placed in the middle of the large squares.  I would like to see the squares on land be medium size.  This map gives good spaces for a very large port and beatiful water fronts and yet there is still enough land to build cities.
NHP Gemini River Ridge, I wouldn't build anything on that huge mountain as I have no patience for that but the river is very shapely and beautiful.  If that makes any sense.  I can easily picture a large city around the water front areas and some farm on the first plateau.
NHP Wilmer , is actually my favourite from this group.  I would open up that bottom left section of the river to allow for some larger ships to come up the river and make some really big ports.  I can see alot of smaller cities in the back ground, surrounded by some farms.  This is a great map.

Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

wouanagaine

Quote from: rooker1 on January 22, 2008, 07:38:17 AM
I would like to see the squares on land be medium size.
Contrary to what we've done in the past, we'll include the SC4M and the 16bit png file as well as a default config.bmp to allow users to easily changed it to their liking ( whereas SC4M enclosed the config in itself, preventing easy config.bmp editing )
You'll even able to enlarge/shrink the map by using a non matching config.bmp of you own if you use the 16bit png and SC4Mapper
We really hope this will bring more fun to you, our fans base !

New Horizons Productions

beskhu3epnm

Thank you Robin for your input, gladly appreciate it! Your vision for a great SC4 map really does help us when making decisions in the future concerning what to release, etc.

Some interesting voting results to be sure....

More votes, please!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

High5Tower

Land 1   A good challenge for a full out logging operation.  Could do some checker board logging areas. The lakes are great for logging mills. Just keep out the enviornmentalist. Two ports at opposite ends of the map for shipping.

RiverBed    Oil platforms in the river and refineries along the coast. Could look pretty grity. Maybe two cities placed way back (from the pollution) and working neighboorhoods in between.

Wilmer   I like the hills in the middle of the flat lands along the coast because the cities can grow around those areas. Nice plopable water meandering down from the snow peak.

One dirty industry industrialist taking to another. "Will you know,once we have completely destroyed the enviornment we won't have to be concerned about it any more." This is from a political cartoon I remember from the Atlantic Magazine from way back in the mid 50's.

Pat

I really liked Meteor Crater, Land 2, and river bed cause I belive those would provide a good challenge to build on...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

I like Land Map 1, River Bed and NHP Wilmer. These are looking really great. /, the others too (but you can only vote for 3...)

Ennedi

Land map 1 is very interesting because of lakes. If I would like to build something on it, I would probably smoothen most valleys, but leave most rocks  ;)

The River Bed - an excellent idea! Islands will help a lot with connecting both river sides. The terrain could be softened a bit in some parts  ;)

The Gemini River Ridge: My favourite! It's enough challenging to give much pleasure (building a big city along the river will be extremely interesting, it is also very good that there are in fact three "floors" on this map, I see some fantastic places for smaller streams and waterfalls on this map  :)

NHP McDonald Creek: Beautiful and realistic map, but it will be very difficult to build something on it  :)

NHP Wilmer: the next great region, maybe even better than the River Bed?

My choice: Land Map 1, Gemini River Ridge, NHP Wilmer.

It is much easier to judge a map if city borders are visible on the SC4 TF view

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

beskhu3epnm

Pat, Bat, and Adam!

Thanks for taking a look. Soon enough, the results will be in (3am EST... don't know what that translates too for you guys...).

Great descriptions when elaborating on your vote. Very interesting to read, and I'm sure that this will affect our team's future releases as we now know what everyone wants!

New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

sebes

I like Gemini the most: because it has more than one river and a mountain, plus some ridges.

2nd choice would be Wilmer (also river, also mountain, but a bit more "boaring" as Gemini.

The others have no riviers, so I would not pick them to play.....

3rd choice would be Land 1, at least it has lakes.... ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

vester

My choice is one of the last three. 

I really can't make up my mind......

if I really really have to.....

Well then it would be Mcdonald Creek.

Yes that is it.

beskhu3epnm

The results are in, and the coastal theme will be represented by the following 3 maps:

NHP Wilmer
NHP Gemini River Ridge
Land Map 1

Let's take some time to see who the authors of each map are:

Meteor Crater - Heblem
Land Map 1 - blade2k5
Land 2 - blade2k5
Land 3 - blade2k5
Land 4 - blade2k5
RiverBed - wouanagaine
NHP Gemini River Ridge - beskhu3epnm / JPlumbley (joint venture)
NHP Mcdonald Creek - beskhu3epnm / JPlumbley (joint venture)
NHP Wilmer - beskhu3epnm / JPlumbley (joint venture)

The packaging will be coming to a LEX near you!!

Pat

ohhh that bites I didnt even strike one this time siiiiigh.... But none the less cant wait for the maps to come out!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

beskhu3epnm

NHP Land Mini-Map Pack on the LEX
Once again, thanks to everyone who supported our project. Hope it's worthwhile. We have about 70 downloads, which has exceeded my expectations.

Perhaps we shall do this again in a month or two!!

wsingo