• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Bats

Started by vester, August 16, 2013, 03:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Both models are outstanding - I like the second one best by a very thin margin, but it's probably too futuristic for my region. Still, it won't hurt to admire the idea and workmanship.

Wow! After seeing the last two photos, I might have to find a place for it after all.

vester

Thank you Joan.

The first is actually a rework of an old model, my first bat release. That time it was as a EL-station.

VDK Lindevang Elevated Rail Station BSC

Think I got most of the interior done now:

Click on the images to see them full size.

Now I need to work on the stairs and other stuffs in the area under the ramps. Also need to add a few details to the main arches, foundation and connections between the two.

art128

the more I see it, the more I want it!

I'd better start thinking about a nice place for this awesome structure in my city...
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Thank you Arthur.

Here is quick update:

Been working on the stairs and the railing along the top and along the stairs.
For the placement of the posts in the railings, I have been using the function called Spacing Tool. Its a tool I just started to use on this bat.
Very powerfull. You can clone an object along a path.
For the stairs, the slope next to it and the railing, I model half of the model.
Set the pivot to be in the centre axis. Then used a symmetry, to mirror the first half over.

Beside that been working on the connection between the two arches (hardly seen) and foundation on the arches.

None of the textures so far, is the final ones. They are use more to easier to see the different parts apart.

whatevermind

This is an awesome building, really great work!  ;D

vester

Thank you.

A teaser, first lights:

vester

Still working on the lights:

Think I need to have a look at the gamma setting, maybe have a second set for the nightlights.
Looks so much darker in the saved rendering than when its in 3ds max. :P

rooker1

That looks awesome!!
Call me Robin, please.

Girafe

Looks cool but why all the pics are so pixelised and blurred. It reduces the quality of your stuff
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Aaron Graham

I have to agree with Girafe, and your work is amazing. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

vester

Thank you all.

Quote from: Girafe on October 04, 2013, 04:50:54 AM
Looks cool but why all the pics are so pixelised and blurred. It reduces the quality of your stuff

Because I rather use my time modelling than wait for renders to be done.
If I go with the settings from SF's bat4max, I could wait an hour or so for each preview. :P
The final render will of course be done with the higher settings.

art128

Simple yet functional lighting. Good job Arne!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Terring7

Great station, and the night lights are cool :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

vester

Thank you both.

Thinking of try my luck with this station in something called Revit. A building information modeling software.
Just been on a course and going to download a trial version of it.
Its sort of a 3d program for engineers and architects. Its also from Autodesk just like 3ds Max.

I know I should try another buildings, but I just like to the challenge to do this one.

Last rendering took 35 minutes and that is just for one preview and with settings up a little.

Okay have to get back to the lights. They are acting up.  ()testing()

whatevermind

I would be very interested to know how things go with Revit.

On another note, good job on the lighting. This might be a little late in the process, but this station strikes me as working well for color coded lines with the way you've used color accents in the building and lighting - for example we see the Red Line version, maybe there could also be a Blue Line, Green Line, etc. I know it's that much more work on your end, but variety would be pretty cool.

vester

Quote from: whatevermind on October 04, 2013, 02:34:32 PM
I would be very interested to know how things go with Revit.

May ask are you in that business as well ?

On another note, good job on the lighting.
Thank you. Still working on it.

This might be a little late in the process, but this station strikes me as working well for color coded lines with the way you've used color accents in the building and lighting - for example we see the Red Line version, maybe there could also be a Blue Line, Green Line, etc. I know it's that much more work on your end, but variety would be pretty cool.

Sound like a good idea.
EDIT: For some reason I got to think of Brenda Xne and her Modern Metro Station Subway Bus Parking (try to say that fast).
Not that realistic, but I loved them anyway.

At the moment I am adding "footing" to the columns. They sort didn't reached the ground. We can't have that.

whatevermind

Quote from: vester on October 04, 2013, 03:28:11 PM
May ask are you in that business as well ?
I am. I don't really use BIM at all, but any new way to tie modeling programs together is a good thing, especially if it can result in more BATs!  ;D

vester

Dug up another bat from the dust.

I gave up on this the first time around due to the size of it. MY Computer just couldn't handle it.
But now with more RAM and Windows 7, 64 bit, I have start working on it again:

Jmouse

While the station is certainly challenging, and the lighting is coming along very nicely, you know my favorite is going to be the cathedral. Funny thing, when you first showed me photos of structures in Copenhagen, it looked like a retailer must have had a huge sale on green roofing tiles. :D Then you explained the reason for the green roofs, and it was the start of my becoming completely fascinated by Danish architecture and architectural detail.

DebussyMan

Great news! I've been waiting for years to have this cathedral.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0