• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on September 15, 2008, 12:23:12 PM
Tarkus is a classed as an editor there, and he has been making a lot of contributions on the wiki.  This might explain why the RHW thread hasn't been updated since the wiki went public.

That and some various administrative things I've had to take care of recently, which have kind of knocked the wind out of my sails, so to speak.  I do hope to have something new to show you all very soon, though. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Patricius Maximus

Thanks for the explanation, Tarkus. I thought it was the pre-release lull, if you know what I mean. It may still be.

But, as Haljackey suggested, I may go over to the wiki....

metarvo

I just read the RHW Wiki article.  I'm giving a round of applause to all who are involved.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

Alex take your time there and dont worry if you cant post anything new here, we all know it will be good when you do post something.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

art128

great work Alex !!  :thumbsup:

Oh ! my 600th post  &hlp
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

SimsReporter

Quote from: art128 on September 19, 2008, 10:23:36 AM
great work Alex !!  :thumbsup:

Oh ! my 700th post  &hlp

You mean you're 600th post  :P

You were 100 off....  :P
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

blakesterville

:angrymore:how do you affect the direction of traffic!!!I have read the rhw guide and am still confused on the whole thing!!!

MandelSoft

Quote from: blakesterville on September 21, 2008, 10:13:32 AM
:angrymore: how do you affect the direction of traffic!!!I have read the rhw guide and am still confused on the whole thing!!!

Just look where the shoulder is. It must be at the outside of the RHW.

I wonder what Alex has been doing now... It's so long that we've seen any developement.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Patricius Maximus

Who knows. He has been rather secretive lately -- perhaps the pre-release, hype-building lull.

metarvo

I've said it before about other SC4D community members, and I'm saying it again.  When things get quiet, it means that something big is about to happen.  Around here, this "something" is usually very good.  Since Alex is quiet, he is probably going to appear suddenly from around the (road) corner and surprise us all.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

deathtopumpkins

I hope you're right, metarvo!

This is exciting...
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Patricius Maximus

You said it, metarvo. Something good is coming. As John McCain once said, a change is coming, and I think Tarkus has a good change up his sleeve.

Tarkus

Well, there hasn't really been much going on lately, other than RL, and the aforementioned "administrative" stuff.  The only real RULing I've been able to do over the past couple days is fixing a glitch with one of the new puzzle piece buttons.

Speaking of puzzle piece buttons, I never did show you guys the shiny new buttons.  These are only the ones on the Highway menu--there's a few more.  This should give you an idea of how things will be organized with Version 21.

What all is left really?  Well, a few puzzle pieces need to be made and pathed, a few draggable items need to be RULed in (there's a lot that carries over, fortunately--only a couple big "hurdles"), and a few models need to be cleaned up a little.

I am planning on potentially taking an "interesting" route with the models (at least beginning with Version 22, though I'm leaning toward doing it now), which will open modifying them up to others who don't want to mess around with all the intricacies of transit modeling and lead to a wide variety of third-party modifications for the Elevated RHWs (yes, plural ;)) and MIS.  (Hint: It involves a certain type of file . . .)

-Alex (Tarkus)

metarvo

I was right, wasn't I?  I knew something was going on, Alex. :thumbsup:

Streetlight 725

There is new stuff in the highway menu.Nice! :thumbsup: &apls

BigSlark

Looking good, Alex. Should make finding everything much, much easier.  &apls

Cheers,
kevin

dedgren

Those are great looking menu icons, Alex.  This is when the RHW goes pro.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

Alex all I can do is echo what David just said about RHW going PRO!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Shiny new buttons always make my day, Alex! You're doing a bang-up job here, as per usual, my friend!

Dustin