• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Timbervale

Started by porter66083, March 29, 2008, 01:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

south park

OMG that's just incredibly you are a photoshop master !! &apls

congrat's you are in best seller's !!
cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267

art128

the new update is awesome my friend  &apls great work on your city  :thumbsup:
looking forward to more  :thumbsup:
Arthur  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Nice chapter 2 there! And wonderful pictures also the ones in the extra-section!

And congrats for the moving to the BEST SELLERS (+ for over 100 replies!!!)!!!!! &apls

porter66083

So this update has been taking a rather long time to FINALLY be finished! And by god, its on the best sellers page!  :o

First, I'd like to start off with special thanks to our awesome moderator Dustin (thundercrack83). Without his constant help this week, I'd have never gotten this chapter edited to the point it needed to be.

Also, I'd like to thank Dan (shadowassassin) for all his help on polishing up the story so I truly don't look like a fool when I post chapters. He's truly great at helping me work out every last detail, and telling me when something is just really as bad as I worry it is :P

Next up is zelgadis over on ST. The man is a true genius on writing, and his inspiration has led me to keep going with the thing. Also, I can always count on his support of my posts!

Last, thanks to every one of you that reply to this MD. I'd never would have made it to the Best Sellers without everyone's replies! (PSA) Don't forget to vote on the Best MD competition! Even if you don't vote for mine (cough cough, hint hint... :P), its always great to give recognition to all those  wonderful MDs people put out on this site!

OK. Now that all that is out of the way, time for some replies!

Pat: Who said he died? I didn't..... You and everyone else get to decide that little bit of information.
Zaphod: What? No.... connected? Nah..... Couldn't be. :-[
south park: Yeah.... I try.... I try.... I'm thinking I may some day open a tutorial thread thingy on photoshopping here and on ST.
art128: Heh.... wait no more!
bat:Yeah, I'm slowly forcing myself into the habit of making at least 2 extras and more actual pictures during the update.

OK! Time for the next chapter!

-side-note: Intense plot ahead!!! Please don't feel afraid to complain about anything in this chapter. i know when I was writing it, that it was going to be a rather dark and controversial chapter, and if you feel offended by it, I have no problem editing it, or having the moderators edit it-

"...listening to KYPY 93.5, Timbervale's number 1 hit music station. The time is now 6:30, and it's time to take a look at the weather and traffic..."

Letting out a groan, Sebastian cracked open his eyes and glared contemptuously at the radio. Reaching over, he slammed his hand on the snooze button and flopping his head onto the pillow, stared at the ceiling.

"Hey! You home Lukas?" he yelled out loud, calling out in the direction of his brother's room, across the hall from the two bedroom apartment he lived with his brother in. Answered by the piercing silence, he sighed out loud.

Seriously? At Brian's house again?, he thought to himself as he lay in his bed, trying to wake himself up so he could get ready for the day ahead. It wasn't that he didn't think his brother shouldn't stay the night over at his house. Heck, even HE liked the guy, granted not on the level his brother did. He was truly glad for everything the man done for his brother. And that his brother finally was smiling.

Throwing his comforter off, he sat up and set his feet on the cold, hardwood floor, wincing at the bitterness it brought. He stood up, and slowly trudged his way to the bathroom, grabbing a towel from a small closet along the way.

Flicking on the light in the bathroom, he blinked at the stark whiteness of the tile and made his way to the shower, turning it to the right temperature, and after removing his clothes, stepped under the steaming water. He again let his mind wander as the hot water beat down on his head.

It's already been eight years, he reflected to himself, reaching for the shampoo. Eight years since their mother died and that man had essentially committed suicide. He'd only been 8 at the time, his brother only 13. His brother, the amazing older brother that he was, had stood in his place, protecting him. He could still remember it like it was yesterday.

It really was just like any other night. Their mother was at work yet again, leaving them in the care of that vile bastard. It wasn't until a couple of years ago that his brother had finally told him of the abuse, but he had always known that what the man was doing to his brother was wrong. There was never a chance to tell their mother about it, not with the man constantly being there watching them.

That night was different though. Unknown to them at the time, their mother had gotten a promotion, and got a chance to come home for the night so she could get ready for working on the day shift. Sebastian hadn't even known his mother was there until he heard the scream coming from her as she entered his brother's room and walked in to check on Lukas.

He remembered how she screamed at him, telling him that she was going to get him put in jail forever. Her trying to tell his brother that everything would be ok.
Grabbing the bar of soap, Sebastian and began washing his face as his mind continued to wander.

The worst part was that he could remember how the man's laugh was so cold. He knew she couldn't have known was that the bastard had a gun. A gun Sebastian learned many years later was used to keep Lukas from talking. He could feel the explosion of the gunshot going through his body even in the other room, the one that killed his mother and caused the neighbors to call the police.

The bastard had ended up holding his brother hostage for hours in the small house Sebastian being pulled to safety and comforted by the police that day. Eventually, they entered the house, and the man decided to have a shootout with the police, ending his life as the officers filled his body with bullets.

Snapping his attention back to the present, Lukas noticed the water slowly turning cold and shut off the water. Stepping out, he grabbed the towel and began drying himself.

They were in the foster system for three horrible years, so lucky to never be separated. It was sick irony, how such a horrible system was still better than the secret torture his brother had endured. And how his brother, the day of his 18th birthday pulled them from the system and lived on their own.

Walking back into his room, Sebastian turned on the TV, letting the sound of the anchor people's voices drone on in the background as he dressed. Grabbing his cell phone and bag, he pulled his bedroom door behind him and made his way towards the front door of the apartment.

Locking the door, he made his way down the stair and out to the front of the building. Waving to their neighbor as she walked past him into the building, he walked over to the bus stop and sat on the bench.

He remembered the day his brother started staying out on all those late nights on the streets. Sebastian was 11 at the time, Lukas 18. They had run out of money, and his brother sacrificed himself yet again, telling him that it would be the only way that they could pay the bills.  He'd stayed up so many nights, sitting alone in the small apartment that his brother barely was able to afford, all the while putting Sebastian through the best school in the city. He'd always worried that his brother would be taken away from him forever, be it physically or mentally.

Stepping onto the bus, he took a seat and looked down at his phone, sending a text to his brother to remind that he would meet at Lukas' work since school was out for the holiday. Finishing the text, he closed the phone, and stuffing it back into his pocket, he let his mind wander yet again.

It was two years before his brother met Brain and was, in everyone's opinion, saved by him. It had been a normal night for Lukas until he was picked up by Brian. He'd never gotten the details out of Lukas, but Sebastian couldn't have been happier with what happened after that night.

It had shocked him at first that someone as rich and powerful as Brian would actually take pity on his brother, but before Sebastian knew it, his brother was off the street, had a job as the man's personal assistant, and  holding a relationship. He was finally seeing his brother truly happy.

Noticing the pregnant woman entering the slowly filling bus, Sebastian stood up and motioned for the woman to take his seat. Smiling at him, he blushed and grabbed the metal bar above him, bracing himself as the bus began moving forward again.

Letting out a yawn, he let his attention drift to the giant glass windows of the bus, looking outside as they began to turn onto an old, metal bridge, the snow finally began to break. As the bus finished crossing the bridge, turned his view to the front of the bus right as a young man began to cross the street in front of them. He yelled out to the driver, but to no avail as bus ran over him, blood splattering the now cracked windshield.

Feeling the bus lurch and begin to sway on its side, Sebastian let out a gasp, and finally lost his grip on the bar. To his left, a semi slammed into the side of the bus, sending shards of glass across the cabin. Trying to scream out, Sebastian felt himself flying through the air, and cringed in agony as his head smashed into one of the metal bars, making him see stars and feel a warm, wet trickle of blood running down his neck. As he blacked out from the pain, he vaguely could hear the screams as the bus finally flipped over.

--------------------
Extras:

Hope everyone enjoyed this update!
Jacob

You decide their fate...
Timbervale

"Ok class... this week we graduate from 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to 'Bazooka, Tear Gas, Butcher Knife'..." -derived from a Maki Murakami manga

art128

This is an awesome update Jacob,  It's a perfect mix of buildings !! very well done my friend :thumbsup: And those effects are always great my friend  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

Hey Jacob wonderful update here and man the story is grand is always!!! I love the pics and the story is starting to make sense or least coming together now...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Chapter 3 is great there! And wonderful work on your pictures and as well on your story!! Also the pictures of these bridges are looking excellent! (- the rest, too!)

Looking forward to the 4th chapter... :)

porter66083

Only three replies.... hmm....

Was sick all weekend and didn't get much writing in. Did however get a slight chance to play around with the new Photoshop CS4. Just to give everyone an idea of what goes into my pictures, and to tease you all, I'll release one of the billboards from the next update

Jacob

PS: Character named after the first person who can guess the actual manufacturer of this car!

You decide their fate...
Timbervale

"Ok class... this week we graduate from 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to 'Bazooka, Tear Gas, Butcher Knife'..." -derived from a Maki Murakami manga

projectadam

Quote from: porter66083 on November 16, 2008, 10:47:43 PM
Only three replies.... hmm....

Was sick all weekend and didn't get much writing in. Did however get a slight chance to play around with the new Photoshop CS4. Just to give everyone an idea of what goes into my pictures, and to tease you all, I'll release one of the billboards from the next update

Jacob

PS: Character named after the first person who can guess the actual manufacturer of this car!

I believe that looks like the Honda CR-Z that debuted at the NAIAS in Detroit this year.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

Pat

Jacob I cant wait!!! Im twitching for my fix lol.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mmorales2

This is a very good story. I can't wait for more. I also love your pics. They r wonderful and keep up the good work. &apls &apls &apls &apls
COMING SOON!!!!
XION, THE LAST BASTION

porter66083

OK. Just a quick blurb about why I haven't updated yet. Turns out that my being sick started to escalate into walking pneumonia. I'm now finally getting over it (have the nastiest tasting medication to prove it) and should be able to churn out chapter 4 today after class.

But never fear, another billboard is here.

Jacob

You decide their fate...
Timbervale

mmorales2

I understand your situation. Walking pneumonia sucks. All you do is cough and cough and you don't get any of that junk out of your throat and then you have a nasty soar throat and the medicine is awful, like you said. I hope you get better and I am anticipating your new update. Get Better Soon. ;D
COMING SOON!!!!
XION, THE LAST BASTION

Pat

hey Jacob I soo understand that situation all to well about the health!!! I didnt go into details at ST but I know the meds been there doing it myself now yum yummies to my tummies NOT lol.... OK where is that update lol, I know when it gets here it will be grand and I will jump on it!!!!

porter66083

Ok. So I think a quick little heads up is in order for everyone.

I am feeling better, now that I'm on my 3rd (yes, you read that right) round of antibiotics. Also, I've been preoccupied what with the holidays and finals as well, so I just haven't had time between being sick and school and work to get a chapter slammed out. Today though I will be trying to get something written out and then proofread so that I can get it up on here.

Other than that, all I have to say is that I am overwhelmingly surprised at the turn out on this last chapter!

Jacob

You decide their fate...
Timbervale

flyinbird93

sorry to see youve been sick!  Your have a wonderful journal here, the storys great and your images are very exciting to look at.  I hope to see some more from you soon :)

projectadam

Jacob,

Take your time and make sure you get better, which is the most important thing. There is no need to have added stress of trying to get an update with everything else that is going on. Like I said, take care of yourself and know that we will be here waiting for your update whenever you have the chance to do it :)
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

threestooges

Jacob,
Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. It sounds like that thing got you pretty good for a bit, but from the sound of it, you're getting the upper hand. Great ads you've come up with here, and It'll be interesting to see how they tie into the story. Take your time and get well, we'll be here when the next part's ready.
-Matt

Pat

Hey jacob its OK I am on my second round of drugs and from the sounds its not working from my end aargh.... I outta go zombie lol  :D its all your fault I swear lol... Anyways man take it easy and get lots of rest as I know I am!!!!

pat

Simpson

I'm really sorry for missing so updates here  &mmm
THis is perfect, your city is really fantastic. I love the effect in your pictures
Fantastic work  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas