• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments

Started by Tyberius06, August 09, 2016, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

Really excellent work on these GLR stations, they are creative inspirations that add something I don't think has been done before to the game. I can't wait to try out some of these in my game.

b22rian

I also like the look of the larger stations.  :thumbsup:
You have a very good variety and diversity as I have mentioned before. But the heavier development of the buildings associated with the larger Hub stations , is a real plus with me .. very nice job with that aspect , Tibi   ;D

My next city will certainly be a " GLR " city , with all these great station packs coming out now !!

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

Thanks every one for the comments and likes.
In the last couple of days I kept a little break from LOTting, but before that I was experimenting a little bit, and made on of Simmer2's STR sidings FLUP compatible. It means some advanced TE modding, where  I needed to use a changed therefore new custom path to allow the different vehicle types to go underneath the lot. As you may know by default only with tunnels or subway can be possible to go underneath LOTs. Well this method what I used, but it requires further testings with other set-ups, it would possible to TE modding LOTs and by  giving them specific paths which allow the vehicles to use underground FLUP paths.
The below example shows that it's working with certain set-ups, but probably need to find out what are the limitations. What I achived there is that I made a custom path (copied belonging sc4 path file from the FLUP routes underneath straight DTR puzzle piece into a new DAT then, I swapt the related DTR paths to the default straight STR paths and gave it a new instance ID) which I used on one of Simmer2's STR sidings. He already TE'd (Transit Enabled) the lot to work with STR lines, therefore the trains can pass through on the lot, but I changed this path ID on two of the locations (from right on the 4th and on 15th tile) with the new path. Which still allows the trains to use the STR track, but also let the other type of vehichles to pass through underneath the lot. Also I needed to allow these vehichles to use the lot, so I needed to set new transit switches up for cars, buses, freight trucks, and also for GLR. So it's not a new FLUP piece, rather an advanced Transit Enable modding-type.

Also I made two new custom GLR LOTs for Kitsune by request, it has flows and even if I change some thing on that lot, none of my upcoming GLR sets will contain this lot, but I might be make it available via my Google Drive folder.

1. Special FLUP compatible STR Siding lot. It's passed the UDI and the game automata test as well.

2. Special GLR Station set-up in two version.

Stay tunned

- Tyberius

You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

As I see my image host has given up the fight, so I have a bunch of broken image links again. Well, I'm gonna fix that when I'll have time.
Until than:
I finished the relot of the Caribou Long Slope ramps, from the 3 version I made two of them: L2-L0 - El-rail to GLR and L2-Underground - El-Rail to Subway and/or FLUP/Underground TRAM. These lots have 400k capacity to provide pass through traffic, but they don't have station function, so people won't switch networks. The original Caribou lots don't have custom paths which would allow the tram/el-rail cars to follow the tracks of the ramp, they are working as transit stations. One side the the El-Rail network drop the passangers and the other side the GLR network pick them up, but those lots are NOT UDI enabled.
My new lots HAVE custom transit paths, so the automata can pass through the lots without switching between networks and the UDI is working with seemlessly with these new lots. Also the L2 to Underground versions have direct El-Rail/GLR to SUBway connection via restricted direct transit switches. The following pictures shows what should you expect.

1. The upper Ramp is connecting to the SUBway system, the lower is connecting to the FLUP network. These are the same lots, but with two different option to use it. Of course only the lower set-up supports the UDI, since there is no direct transition between GLR and subway.

2. UDI test

3. UDI test - FLUP compatibility

4. El-Rail to GLR Ramp

5. Piazza Fontana station test (it will be part of the Heretic GLR Station Pack volume 4). It's a hybrid station and works similiary like these ramps, it provides FLUP/U-TRAM and subway support in the same time, also direct connection between GLR and Subway.

Stay tunned...

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

b22rian

Tibi,

this is outstanding work here my friend  :thumbsup:

I thought the most amazing aspect about this recent project was this ramp here- L2-Underground -

As far as i know this is the first ramp ever created of this type in the community.. is this correct ?

Seaman

Akallan

Great job! This is remarkable! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: Tyberius06 on October 11, 2018, 05:23:16 PM

2. UDI test

3. UDI test - FLUP compatibility

4. El-Rail to GLR Ramp

5. Piazza Fontana station test (it will be part of the Heretic GLR Station Pack volume 4). It's a hybrid station and works similiary like these ramps, it provides FLUP/U-TRAM and subway support in the same time, also direct connection between GLR and Subway.

Stay tunned...

- Tyberius

Great work Tiberius!! &apls

Have you released these ramps? I really need the FLUP and GLR one.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Tyberius06

Hi everybody!

Recently I got myself involve multiple experimental projects again. After finishing the Heretic GLR set volumes I got some ideas about advenced TE pathing, so I started to experiment with complex custom paths and advanced LOT TE (transit enable) modding. The goal is to create paths which can be used with LOTs. These paths are "FLUP"/under surface compatible, so one could connect the LOT to the FLUP network.  I used the path creator to draw the paths. The whole thing is "FLUP" compatible, so everything is happening at least -10m below surface. The "crossings" are not at the same level, it's like "tunnels" above and under each other. The test example is a 6x4 plane park LOT, but can be a landmark, with a little trick can be commercial ploppable etc... You have a park but you have a main arterial avenue, well with custom paths you could lead the AVE underneath the lot. At least in theory, so now I'm experimenting these special setups.

1. The path layout for the overall lot.

2. It's the surface version which was made during the testing, because for first trial it was the whole thing messed up. But the final version now below surface...

3. Couple of picture about the UDI, I checked with the game automata and it passed that one too... CAR-BUS-Freight Trucks can use the lot... The UDI was the bonus...

Well, I managed to upload the 3rd volume of my Heretic GLR Terminus and Station set. You can download it from here:
Heretic GLR Station and Terminus Pack volume 3 - The Big Fellas

Yepp, the Dependency Monster is attacking. 34 links plus some additional for the Heretic Essential if you still don't have, but if you have the previous GLR set from me, than you only need to download a few more additional dependencies.

EDIT: Oh and I almost forgot to mention that as a legacy I uploaded three DMScopio's files (which were more or less unavailable) to the STEX under his account.

NHP DMScopio Shenzhen Library and Music Hall

NHP DMScopio - Simlympic Set vol 1

NHP DMScopio - University Sport Pack Vol1

Also I plan to release today or tomorrow (depends on when I finish the readme) my relots of Caribou's Slope Transiton for GLR set. Here is a couple more teasure pictures.

Well, what's next?
I started to work on a couple of APTX El-Rail station relots aslo on a bunch of Parisian growable relots and the Urban rail terminuses are still waiting for me to finish them. So...

Stay tunned!

- Tyberius

Akallan

I love the idea of the lot with the paths below. It would be great if we could use them in cities with shops for example. You do a great job, and congratulations for the stations, they are great! &apls &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Tyberius06

Hi everybody!

First of all thanks for the support and likes. This time I show some further projects and some custom side projects.
Also I uploaded my Caribou's Long Slope Transitions for GLRs ReLots. <--------LINK First POST has been updated too.

@vinlabsc3k: Thanks! It's released now! :) Link above.

1. After the 4th and probably the last volume of the Heretic Urban GLR Set (NOT YET Released), I'll give you a set of relots of APTX beautiful japanese El-Rail Stations and Terminuses. Here are some pictures about the project. The lots are mostly done, only need to test them. Some of the relots originally were made 2-3 years ago, when I started to be got involved with LOT Editor (nope, NOT PIM-X at that time), well I assume it was time to revisit those lots, and give them some love.

2. Well there is a 3rd current project. It's taken a while, since I started it during the last spring (2018), and a part of the station what I show you now, was made 2 years ago, than it got some revisit, but only now with the current Heretic Urban Rail and HSR Terminuses and Stations Project (URHTS) got the necessary love for a possible release. After listening some suggestions I made two versions of the East Wing. One is the original concept with a mixture of buildings, because I like to mix different style buildings, the other is a more conventional one.  Shinjuku East and West Wings. Acutally I'm thinking about making a third version with GHSR access, but I'm not sure just yet.

a) Original concept

b) More conventional concept

c) Originally there was a plan to recreate a similliar setup like the RL Shinjuku East Wing with the w2w buildings, but the original model has a really bad clipping attack on the surrounding taller models, so I made a separate ploppable LOT. This is not planned to be released, but if anybody is interested in this lot, let me know and I can share a copy with the dependency list.

3. I made a few GLR stations for requests, now I revisited two of them and made a bit customized version for myself. These are not planned to be released, but if anybody is interested in these stations, let me know and I can share a copy with the dependency list. If you have the latest RTMT (v3.60) and the dependencies for my previous GLR sets, those are cover thsi two stations.

Well, that's it for now.
Stay Tunned...

- Tyberius

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

First of all thanks for the likes!
Another 2 weeks and new update about what's going on with my projects. Well I joined the the NAM and the RTMT Team, and also started to revisit some of my older custom lots, to bring them to a sort of shape which can be useful for other too. They won't get official release on exchanges, but will share them via my Google Drive and they will be listed in the First POST.

Also the Heretic-Caribou's Long Slope Transitions ReLots got an UPDATE with the third ramp. So now you can have the L0 to Underground ramp too with proper paths.  :satisfied:

Also I updated the LHD paths to the lots, because the previous version was faulty.  :'( :angrymore:

Next thing...

Some of you might remember that I made a bunch of fillers for my own use. (since than I lost my pictures multiple times, and I didn't find the motivation to restore those pictures in this thread or in the Show Us thread over at Simtropolis). These were those fillers:

Well some of them will get a new treatment, regarding the used textures. I have a new standard for them, I made a couple of overlays thanks to KOSC, and I'm about to update my IRM wall set too and expand the set with a bunch of variations for KOSC Lots. This will be the Heretic Various Walls and Fillers Set (the IRM part will get an official release probably, but I'm not sure about the rest. We are talking about 100+ new filler lots which would invade one's menus, and I won't make MMLs for them.) and I just finished the Phase 1 with Jeronij Modern Concrete walls and Mas71 Walls Set 2.

Also I decided that apart from the last volume of the GLR set (which is still waiting for some props to be sent to me or to be released, right @Simmer2? ;) ), the other stations will get separate releases from now, but will be entitled and organized to share on the same subfolders once one installed them.

So I still have a bunch of small projects which I have to clean up, also the french building relots are on hold... that's a way too massive and repetitive lotting stuff for my current mood, and there's a bunch of paths to take care of...

Anyhow stay tunned until the next update...

- Tyberius

Simmer2

Very ambitious projects you got going here  &apls

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

In the past couple of weeks I've been busy with RL: new job, 6 days a week, 40-50 hours, mostly evenings, so after 5 months of unemployment which was occured during the summer, this little change hit my free time a bit. So some of my projects has been put onto shelves. But as I showed in my last post I started to clean up 2-3 years old personal custom projects and try to bring them into a shape where they can be released for public. These walls and fillers were necessary for my playing style, the only way when I like uniformity is in Simcity and in my cities. Also I had to make some custom lots in special set-ups and thanks to MGB204, who provided a special repository in this thread for Rivit's TSR streets, I was able to make a full NO Grass (NGN) version of the TSR streets on all wealth levels, and I have a few pictures about my latest city. So let's see them

1. The NAM has the Madison Wells station which is (by default) an El-Rail over Road El-rail station with a roadxroad intersection beneath the station. I made two custom versions, the first was simple El-rail over road station without the roadxroad intersection, on the second version I changed the roadxroad intersection to a roadxOWR3 intersection, gave the that piece modified paths to ensure full function. So here are some pictures about the second version. The first and third images shows a special 1x1 piece a single El-Rail over roadxOWR3 intersection filler piece. It has a nominated capacity to let traffic pass through but it doesn't have station function otherwise.

2. Rivit's TSR streets. I used Rivit's original repositories and MGB's modifications to make GoFSH work and manage to make a full sidewalk version of the TSR streets on all wealth level. Huge thank for both of them to make those stuffs available.

3. Simmer2 in the last couple of years has put his mark onto everykind of industrial stuffs (Titan of Industry) and since then he has been expanding his portfolio with various BAT projects from spaceships to ancient castles. Well his industrial props always inspired me, so I decided to take T Wrecks IRM fillers ideas and upgrade them with SM2 props. Well this project has been shelved until I start working on the Heretic Seaport Projects again, but I started to work on a new industrial wall set, and Simmer2 gave me a prototype of his new 4m long slope tolerant soundwalls. These are just test lots, not the final versions.

4. And for the end of this post, I share a couple of pictures about one of my cities. i started to replace some of the GLR stations with my GLR stations from the Heretic GLR Station Sets (vol.1, vol. 2, vol. 3).

Stay tuned...

- Tyberius

b22rian

Tibi,

thanks so much for a long and great posting
You provided so many wonderful images of the various projects you have been working on..

Especially my favorite, and I think you know this...
Is your customized Madison wells station for the OWR networks  :thumbsup:

I think this is recently one of your best contributions to the transit community..
Thanks so much, my good friend !

Simmer2

You are doing great Tibi  &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

Thanks everybody the support and likes.
Also I would like to thank to Tarkus and Fantozzi the K points for my restoration work and also to Eggman for encourage me working on the MRC NAM paths. Thank all of you! I really appreciate it!  :)
I left out an update, since it was related to an other topic, but now I'll put the relevant informations here as well. So because it's Christmas time and I have a couple of LOTs ready to upload which don't require the update of the Heretic Essentials too, I release the first two of a new series from me. The series is called Urban Rail and HSR Station and Terminus Project (in short: URHST). I don't know how many uploads are going to follow this, but every set-up will contain one or more lots to cover different rail-type networks. I already showed some of these upcoming stations in pervious pages or in the Show us what you are working on... thread over at Simtropolis (but atm most of those pictures are gone due to my previous image host, so until I replace them be patient). So until I'm waiting for the last set of props, which are planned for the last volume of the GLR station sets, here is my next project (which is actually technically predates the GLR sets, but who cares about details ;) :) ).

There is a little background. One year ago, when Mattb325 started to show his new elevated multi-station concepts, I got the inspiration to turn them eventually something else, what was missing for me from the game. Elevated rail terminuses. The only one what we used to have was made by Ill Tonkso, and was unavailable for a long time. Even that was a great concept, it has its flaws (well that model now more than 10 years old).
This Strickland Terminal station originally wasn't the first in this series, it was planned as a mediator between my GLR terminus set and the planned Urban Station Set, and I planned to release it as a bonus material with the 4th volume of the GLR stations. Since that set is on hold and I didn't want to keep this on the shelf, I thought it would worth a release to launch this new project.
The credit goes to Mattb325for making these unique station concepts, and in this first release I'm expanding his vision about L1 (7.5m) E-RRW stations and bring this new terminal station combining the available buildings. Also huge applaud to Brian and Nick (Simmer2) for the constant support and for MGB204.

Heretic URHTS Project 01 - Strickland Terminal

Also it may worth to mention here, that I was able to recollect and upload to the STEX some of DMScopio's lost uploads (originally they were released on his personal website about 8-10 years ago) with the help of the community. The original post about this can be found in his bat thread.

These are the files which were recently brought back to live:
NHP DMScopio - New Anfield Stadium V3
NHP DMScopio - Anfield (LFC) Stadium
NHP DMScopio - Boleyn Ground aka the Upton Park Stadium
NHP DMScopio - Simlympic Set vol 1
NHP DMScopio - Shenzhen Library and Music Hall
NHP DMScopio - University Campus Pack Vol1
NHP DMScopio - University Sport Pack Vol1

Marry Christmas!
See you soon with a new release in this series!

- Tyberius

Seaman

Wow, that's very nice... all of them!

May I ask: in the pictures, I don't see the standart NAM-HSR textures. Is it because you already incorporated eggman's new textures which might be available for public at some point in the future?

Tyberius06

Quote from: Seaman on December 23, 2018, 01:32:20 PM
Wow, that's very nice... all of them!

May I ask: in the pictures, I don't see the standart NAM-HSR textures. Is it because you already incorporated eggman's new textures which might be available for public at some point in the future?

Shuuut, now that you mentioned I feel the need a little disclaimer. When the idea came up at the first time, it was planned some sort of hybrid solution between HSR and normal rail, but mostly to cover HSR terminuses. However in the process I got distracted with GLR stations, than this station came up, than I brought one of my earliest Re-LOTs into the picture (that will be the second release), so the original HSR concepts have been a bit pushed back in the cue.
This particular station and the next release however don't have HSR capacity or connection. This is an L1 E-RRW station only (and also a GLR station/terminus), since the HSR only exists on ground level (GHSR) and on L2 (HSR). The project name covers the whole series of stations, what I plan to release in the next couple of months, and more-or-less from the third station all of them will have HSR option, but that is still with the well known textures.
Sorry for the confusion!

- Tyberius

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

The second urban station lot is out now (first post has been updated with it), but before the link let me tell a little background story.
I've met with the Shinjuku Complex lot at the very fist time in Samgoogolplexian/Moonraker0 SimCity 4: Let's Play Pinecastle youtube videos and I started using it in my first city attempts from the late 2014. Than later in 2015 when I frist started to use the Lot Editor (with a huge lack of knowladge about anything), this complex was one of the first relots what I've ever made to change the rail textures (East Wing) and some additional parts (the West Wing).
This is one of my favourite station complex in the game and in the past couple of years it got many alterations. Now I feel it's time to give one of them to you. Some of you may know that CounterPoint is a bit of special part of my capitol city in SC4 (Noir City), partially standard European, partially very parisian and there are parts of it which recall more Far-Eastern architectures. The last (now released) version of the Shinjuku Station Complex is the main central station of CounterPoint. For myself, I like to mix the different styles, that's why the Japanese station complex got very western additional buildings on the East Wing (this is v1) and since it was made mostly for my CounterPoint City part I call it CounterPoint Shinjuku. Although some of you might not like this mixture, therefore I made a more japanese looking version (v2), and I call it just simple Shinjuku East Wing. The dimensions for both wings were changed compared to the original LOTs made by tepodon.

Heretic URHTS Project 02 - CounterPoint Shinjuku Station Complex

Also I had a little time toying with this (Suburbania) city tile. I haven't played on this tile for ages, but regarding recent releases here and there I made a little progress on the industrial part of the city. Thanks to Simmer2 for these awesome stuffs! :)

1. Trash handling facilities with rail connections...

2. A possible location for the subway depo in this city tile.

3. Central Station area. It may get a deeper revisit.

Have fun!

- Tyberius