• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

No RHW-2 stub on this piece (RHW-2 to RHW-3 transition), this wouldn't be a problem if the base network had filler pieces...

This piece is deprecated, but no alternative exists in any form, forcing people who didn't install the deprecated to do this:

I can't find any other alternatives except maybe the 6C shift pieces if you want to split a RHW-8 into RHW-4s...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Wiimeiser on December 10, 2015, 08:20:33 PM
This piece is deprecated, but no alternative exists in any form, forcing people who didn't install the deprecated to do this:
<snip>
There actually is a DRI for that. It's labeled "D2 Outside (8S only)" on my DRI drag pattern table (near the bottom-left corner).

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Tarkus

There's also a FLEXRamp for it, which has been around since NAM 32. 

Transitions without end stubs (and there are a few of them around) are still usable if you build the underlying base network beforehand and then add the transition over top.  It will be obsolete in any case soon.  And there's definitely no plans for any L0 RHW-2 Fillers.  After the NAM 31.x-era, the mere mention of filler pieces makes my blood pressure jump about 40 points.

-Alex

compdude787

You can get an RHW-2 stub by placing two fillers next to each other (like the RHW-4 ones) and demolishing the one that is not on the same tile as where you want the stub to be. Once you do that, you will have a stub made for you.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Tarkus

A milestone in RHW/Tram Dual-Networking compatibility:

Interchanges with RHWs and Tram-in-Avenue will be possible in NAM 34.

-Alex

Gugu3

This is truly incredible! &apls
You guys are amazing &apls &apls &apls &apls

Simcoug

Jimmyson

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
Awesome to see this work! Kudos Tarkus!

Haljackey

So. Much. Freedom.

Used the two lane flex fly pieces for the first time. NAM 33 is awesome.

Inspired by this real-world location: https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.7169943,-79.5163695,16.63z

Zoom out here if interested: https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/674/23771689002_103d620757_o.jpg

Edit: session 1 of me building it if interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ALcyKU_XlE

compdude787

Nice rendition of that 400/401 interchange!

My YouTube Channel

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on December 05, 2015, 02:39:39 AM
While the RHW can't be dragged right through those, as there's already two networks involved, dragging the RHW right up to the edges of the GLR/Tram-in/on semi-draggable networks gives RUL2 enough of a foothold to make an override possible.

-Alex

I wonder if the same approach would work with FA-OWR, FARR, FAMIS, and FA-AVE.

Tarkus

The technique can accomplish quite a few different things that wouldn't otherwise be possible, though I'd say the FA situations would be a good bit more complicated than the orthogonal ones, and it'll probably be some time before that happens.

-Alex

M4346

Throwback...
Quote from: M4346 on April 29, 2014, 01:12:03 AM
Quote from: M4346 on April 27, 2014, 02:56:02 PM
Please forgive me if this has been asked and addressed before, but I can't seem to find it.

I'm having a problem with the RHW crossing a railway. Trains can't cross the RHW at the intersection.

Is this "normal"? If I replace the RHW / Rail crossing with a road / rail crossing it works fine.

Upon closer investigation, this is what I found:

Is this normal?  ()what()
Quote from: memo on April 29, 2014, 02:07:19 PM
Oh dear, I just had a look at the LHD paths and remember why there are some issues. When NAM 31 was supposed to be released on March 1st, 2013, we had quite a tight schedule... There were no LHD paths for the entire RHW mod until just before the release, so I created them in a hurry... while not having slept the night before. Apparently, there are still some bugged ones left, but I got the majority right I hope. Just for fun, I've just looked up the exact date of completion: March 01, 2013, 23:57:28, CET.

You could try the simple fix I have attached, but bear in mind that other RHW intersections might still be broken. Although SC4Paths are rather simple objects, there are just enormously many of them which makes it hard to cope with all of them, and we still don't have the right tool to deal with them efficiently.

I seem to have the same issue with the latest version of the NAM (sans the fix in the second quoted post).

Here's what it looks like now:

ETA: This is an orthogonal railway crossing a diagonal RHW-2 (The RHW-4 is fine, see below).

There also appears to be an issue with the RRW (I can't remember the correct acronym) crossing:

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Swordmaster

These look like problems from a previous NAM version (32 I think, possibly the pre-release version). Either you have old files laying around, or you still have NAM 32 installed by mistake.

Edit: Apologies, I see you're in LHD country--I don't have a clear view on what is missing there as I can't get a LHD version working for the moment (Steam...).

Edit2: The path files for these items seem indeed to be missing from the LHD file. We'll fix this in short order.

Cheers
Willy

Jimmyson

What is the chance of updating the FlexSPUIs to work with the new RHW code? I remember that they worked at the R0 level, but no longer work with R2. And would it be possible to get them setup with R1's given that is now avaliable, along with R1 heights for AVE?

compdude787

Yeah, the FlexSPUIs are pretty much not in a functional state right now due to changes in recent NAM versions. There's been plans for quite sometime to fix them, but I'm not sure when that is planned to happen.

My YouTube Channel

Tarkus

FlexSPUI is going to be the last pre-P57 component fixed, mainly as it involves crosslinks between multiple components that have been undergoing implementation transitions themselves (Avenue Viaducts, and TuLEPs, which are being replaced with FTLs).  As a result, fixing FlexSPUI is complicated, and may not happen until NAM 36 or 37. 

-Alex

dyoungyn

Help, I thought this was addressed with NAM 33.  What am I doing wrong.  I tried clicking EVERYWHERE and with no success.  I know I have done this before and not sure why this is doing this.  Problems at 15m and at 7.5m and with Flex Slopes.  Not even sure if this was reported or not.

dyoungyn

Seaman

This bug has already been confirmed by Tarkus 2 years ago, but since it is still there in recent NAM, I thought it might be forgotten?

old post from Jan 2014:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.msg476597#msg476597

it seems that the L3/L4 and L2/L4 RHW-4 FLEX on-slope transitions are out of order

DJSun1981

How can i build curves from Level 0 to level 2?
45 and 90 degree curve?
With the Nam 34