• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Alex I do know what you should do for a month long vacation is just that a vaction!! You deserve it as you been slaving over 3.0 so much, I dont want to see you burned out!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Haljackey

A lot of work has been done with the RHW-6C median lately.

Here's the RHW-6C in comparison with the ground highway.

(looks remarkably similar to a highway in my hometown that was just upgraded :P)

The RHW-6C still needs to be tinkered with (still some pathing issues and whatnot), but other than that, its shaping up nicely!

Hope you enjoyed the pic!  I know some of you have been asking where we have been, but RL hits us just the same as you.

Like Alex (Tarkus), I have finals and end-of-year assignments coming up, so I'll be a tad occupied for the next little bit.  Please pardon the interruption if there ever is one.  :party:

Best,
-Haljackey

swat-medic

woodb3kmaster

Wow, Hal, that looks so much like a number of freeways I've been on here in southern California! I don't know if you type 21'd them or not, but regardless, good job!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

SusanMarie1956

Very Impressive, Hal. It looks like a lot freeways that I've been all over the states.
-Susan Marie

yoshiisland2

This is all coming along terrific!  Thankfully my interest in playing SC4 just spiked again, now I'm looking forward to the release of this more than ever.

I already started making room in my new cities for a massive 10 lane freeway with an HSRP down the middle. $%Grinno$%

Patricius Maximus

Ryan B.

Quote from: yoshiisland2 on November 14, 2008, 12:59:36 PM
This is all coming along terrific!  Thankfully my interest in playing SC4 just spiked again, now I'm looking forward to the release of this more than ever.

I already started making room in my new cities for a massive 10 lane freeway with an HSRP down the middle. $%Grinno$%

Sounds like the Trans-Texas Corridor to me.  :P

chrisnhl

Ya when the new RHW comes out im going to try and have and elevated HOV lane going through the middle like the one on the 110 in Los angeles and or light rail like the on the 210 (foothill highway) that goes through pasedena!

yoshiisland2

Quote from: burgsabre87 on November 14, 2008, 08:16:31 PM
Sounds like the Trans-Texas Corridor to me.  :P

Actually I'm basing it off the freeways in Chicago with the light rail down the middle, but that works too  :P

el_cozu

I once in my cities try to put a light rail in the middle of my RHW... but i needed to convert to subway... and put the station near the neighbourhood... if i put the elevated station in the highway non of my sims would use it... so... i dont know any solution about that... i hope i explained my self

Swamper77

The RHW is viewed as a highway by the game. Therefore, zones cannot develop along it and buildings that require road connections will display a "No Road Connection" zot. If you want to allow Sims to board/exit a light rail station in the median, you will have to replace the RHW in front of the station with a section of one way road.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

zakuten

Well, a NAM overpass ought to give access too, seeing as things will develop fronting those, I think...?
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

chrisnhl

How about a park and ride?  If you put a parking lot next to a station will sims use the station even if its in the middle of the freeway?

Tarkus

Well, today is officially the RHW's third birthday--Year 3.0, if you must.  The original version, Version 1.2, was released on November 16, 2005.  Hard to believe it's been so long. 

Does this mean that RHW Version 3.0 is getting released today?  The answer is no . . . but rest assured, the Highway Revolution is coming . . . ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

yoshiisland2

I know full well about putting buildings next to highways...don't worry, I have it all worked out. ;)

Thanks for yet another teaser Alex. ::) :P

metarvo

I can't believe it.  Alex is teasing us.  Why would he do that? $%Grinno$%

Anyway, this is very good stuff.  That RHW-6C with the barrier in the center is simply spectacular!  So, today's not the day.  Oh, well, there's always another day.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

un1

Quote from: Tarkus on November 16, 2008, 02:42:43 AM
Does this mean that RHW Version 3.0 is getting released today?  The answer is no . . . but rest assured, the Highway Revolution is coming . . . ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Happy birthday RHW!

I know one thing, the NAM was realesed on its birthday, so can we trust you?  $%Grinno$%

-un1

SimsReporter

Happy 3rd Birthday RHW. Wish Qurlix was here to see it. I never really figured out why he vanished out of think air  :bomb:. Seems like the RHW is coming our way soon. Can't Wait  ;D
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.