• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Canal Addon Mod (CAN-AM)

Started by daeley, April 23, 2009, 11:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatnameshouldi

Thanks CaptCity, too, i was wondering exactly the same.

NCGAIO

:( This is maybe the best example of the teaching that leads farmers to give up on realistic projects sc4 ...

The development of the CanAm must have brought dozens if not hundreds of hours to create. Things like creating new "effects dir" outside the scope of the reader for the creation of transit sc4paths combination of new packages with the already established estrura the game .... and almost no one using!

I'm not absolutely sure but I think Simgoober was the mind behind the new "effects dir" that made possible the displacement of traffic through the channels without the automata appear in the game. I think he expected a greater impact on its use and not only download

For weeks I tried to get the same knowledge about the effects for a new project and I confess that the task is beyond what I thought reasonable to spend time on the game so I joined the team who now await further developments ... :(

als98

Does anyone have any idea why I've tried installing this a bunch of times and it still won't work?

Tarkus

als98, first off, welcome to SC4D! :)

As far as your question goes, not without more details about how it's not working.  Is it not showing up in game?  Or is it showing up in game and it's not functioning?  There should be more information in this thread (including the first post) that should prove helpful.

-Alex

als98

It won't show up in gameplay, even after using the installer wizard multiple times.

CaptCity

If you check your Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Plugins folder, do you have the NetworkAddonMod_CanAM_Plugin file? There should also be another file named NetworkAddonMod_CanAM_Props_## depending on which option you chose.

als98

I don't see either... Was I supposed to do something else besides run the installer wizard? There's the icon for the installer that is called Install_BSC-CAN-AM_NAM and I ran that- was I supposed to do something else too? 

CaptCity

It doesn't sound like you're installing CanAM (but rather the terminal set...?). The actual CanAM is part of the NAM installation. There is an option to select during the setup routine.

als98

I downloaded it from here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2110 and the readme for Can-AM opened after I ran the installer. Am I doing something wrong?
(I looked and I am pretty sure I have all the dependencies downloaded if that is what is causing the issue.)

CaptCity

What you have linked to is the terminal set used with the mod. They act as stations for traffic to embark and disembark. Is that what you want? Did you install the actual mod itself? As mentioned, it needs to be done during NAM installation.

als98

Ohhh...   &ops

I'll try that and see how it works.

als98

So if I reinstall the NAM... am I supposed to uninstall the old one before or after reinstallation?

Tarkus

What version of the NAM are you running?  If it's the most recent one (Version 30, released September 2011), you could do a reinstall over top.  Otherwise, I'd do an uninstall first. 

Whatever you do, do not move the uninstaller from its original directory.  If you try to run it outside of the NAM install directory, because it has a recursive algorithm, it'll end up deleting whatever's in the folder to which you moved the uninstaller.

-Alex

als98

Thanks a buch! It worked perfect.

Grrrilla

Just started tinkering with CAN-AM.  It'd be a fun addition to the game except that I'm having the same problem described in responses #202, 203 and 224 above: no automata.  Despite heavy use according to the route query tool, there are no watercraft visible on my canals except the rare half-submerged bus after an invisible "crash."  I've tried to isolate and remedy the problem by reorganizing and removing potentially conflicting plugins but no luck.  The no-automata problem seems to be happening to enough people that I'm hopeful there's someone out there who can help.

NCGAIO

To see the automata must have BSC CAN-AM Lots NAM installed. In it are models and LUA script that generates the traffic.

The download link ...
"$Deal"$  http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2110

Also check your settings in the game to show the automatons ... if set to low try switching to medium or high.

A tip - put the generating stations near corners or curves of the channels that they always appear easier.

NCGAIO

Quote from: Tarkus on November 14, 2011, 02:34:16 PM
Kinda interesting there's suddenly a ton of interest in CAN-AM.  ....

-Alex

Disheartening to see that interest comes and goes away soon. Indeed it  more curiosity than desire to use the CAN-AM ... just see that is  one of the least visited of the NAM creations.

I think there should be more enlightening tutorials on how to build and use the functional channels.

The picture below shows an effect that I put over the props to display the water of  channel  moving  ...

if time permits I will try to change the tone of the effect and reduce a bit in order to use Calllagrafx that has more realistic textures.

Wiimeiser

There's an addon that allows you to use multiple sets; the only problem is there's no transition to Simgoober's water
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

dragonshardz

Should be reasonably simple to do.

NCGAIO

Quote from: Wiimeiser on June 26, 2012, 04:41:57 PM
There's an addon that allows you to use multiple sets; the only problem is there's no transition to Simgoober's water

This would be a good solution to integrate the effect on all models of the channel.

I think diggis was allowed to integrate their mods T21 to the controller of NAM to make your "Diggis CAN-AM Mod'.

As this is an effect maybe several tests would necessary to ensure that there would be problems in its inclusion before requesting the same thing.

Unfortunately that is where comes my problem  from  lack of time for that. If existed someone available for this tests then it would be possible to do the mod.

Someone available?

Quote from: dragonshardz on June 26, 2012, 08:25:58 PM
Should be reasonably simple to do.

Unfortunately it is not so easy ... Any change requires editing the file effectDir and is currently only possible using the Hex editor which makes the job very long.. Maybe in the near future we can count on tool that Lowkee33 is developing ( Link ) then it will be much easier