• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Neo Byzantinian Empire of Stropon

Started by Strechnitz, April 11, 2007, 12:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Stormont

Simply breathtaking, the final mosaic was truly spectacular and has shown all this hard work in such a glorious style.

I adore the stepped gardens and the final fountain at the bottom of the cascade, lovely work my dear Hubert. I have gained some wonderful ideas from this and may use some to complete my project also.  ;)

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

iamgoingtoeatyou

woah, that last mosaic blew me off my feet! the palace garden is so huge and grand, i love the terraced terraforming you did, great work and lots of time spent on that update and it shows :thumbsup:

meinhosen

Breathtaking.

Its so much more than impressive... it's simply to awesome for words.  This is almost to the point of needing a Hall of Fame for famous (or soon-to-be-famous) MD updates...  it's that good.

I'd like to know what building you used for the "Listerlunde Palmhouse" (in your 2nd-to-last pic).  Thanks!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

sebes

Amazing - simply amazing  :o

The details in the lower gardens is getting to an absurd level... how do you do that? The last mosaic is one in the category "must-blow-everybody-of-their-chairs".

I am sorry this is the last part of the Listerlunde marathon - but am eagerly awaiting what beauty you will share with us in your next update.

Quote from: meinhosen on September 22, 2007, 08:26:38 PM
This is almost to the point of needing a Hall of Fame for famous (or soon-to-be-famous) MD updates... 
Right said Meinhosen!

Strech, outstanding job my friend  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

urban

Wow,

each part of the park looks fantastic.
The fountains and the statues..simply gorgeus

I hope you allow one question:
Did you create those park lots in the LE?

looking forward, what we will discover the next time :)

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

bat

Quote from: Strechnitz on September 22, 2007, 05:50:37 AM
Bat Thanks Bat, Btw, how do you manage to be always one of the first to comment in almost every MD around?  ;D you are truly a rely magicia! :thumbsup:
That happens actually accidental!

And another wonderful update there, Strechnitz! Great work on that garden and beautiful mosaic! :thumbsup:

Fledder200

hmzzz i realy looked everywere...but that amazing palace (museum)....where can i buy it??? i realy love it!!

those gardens are a realy beauty!!

&apls
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

Asimov

This must be the most extensive Palace and Garden I've ever seen in SC, absolutely stunning work. Did you plan it in advance (Drawing some sketches?) or did you just follow your intuition? How long did you work on it?

kwakelaar

And a breathtaking marathon it was. Impressive gardens and the grand cascade what a sight!
I think the part of the gardens directly to the lake are the best part, I especially like the big knot  garden surrounded by the green lawns which are again framed by trees.  :thumbsup:

I also love all the small pavilions around the park and of course the palm house another beauty.

Strechnitz

Kimcar Are you sitting comfortably again :) I am glad that you like it so much.

Belfastuniguy Thank you, it was a pleasure though difficult to make :) And as I said before, I really look forward to see your big project when its completed. ;)

Iamgoingtoeatyou Welcome to Stropon and thanks Iamgoingtoeatyou! the terraces were quite a challenge but also a lot of fun to make.

Meinhosen Thank you, who knows :P
The Palmhouse is a combination of two buildings. the facades are inspired on the Grand trianon in the parc of Versailles, and the roof and windows are inspired on the Palmhouse from the Botanical gardens of Edinburg.

Eddie It is a pic of Mentmore Towers an Elisabethan revival country retreat. I quite like the pomposity of the building that's why I turned this pic of it into the banner for the "program."

Sebes How do I do it? I combine terraform plop and grow until I have the desired effect or combination.
I am quite sorry that I have finnished all 6 installments of Listerlunde as well. But I am working on a few projects at the moment. For example the International Strechnitz Airport and Simeonopole the stroponian Holy city. but I will probably post a few small updates first before those projects are ready. ;)

Urban Thank you for the compliments urban. And naturaly I'll allow you a question. more than one even. everybody can ask what they want to know. :)

And yes I made the parks in the LE. Every knotgarden for instance is a seperate lot. Just like you have done with your custom pieces surrounding Walker palace am I right? I am thinking of releasing them as a pack on the lex but I haven't given that serious thought yet. I have no idea if anyone would want them. their use is quite limited of course.

Bat Ah well, I do believe in chance ;D and I certainly won't hold it against you. And i'm glad that you like the gardens :)

Fledder The palace is a national cultural and dynastic treasure of the highest order for the Stroponians. ()stsfd() I know that the queen of Liaane is accustomed to change her residence every season but I am afraid it is not for sale :D

Asimov thank you for the compliment. I had some ideas and possibilities in my head for this project. But the plan itself developed as I progressed. the only thing that was fixed when I started was that I wanted the palace on a high point surrounded by lower situated gardens running down the hill in terraces. that was all actually. just to quote Mozart without claiming any of his brilliance "It is all in my head, I only have to write it down."

The shape and style of the palace builidings were not even decided upon when I started terraforming. the next element that was soon fixed was the idea for a cascade fountain, running down the different terraces. and from their it really was experimenting and adding and deleting all the way. I took me around 3 months to complete he whole complex. (not working non stop ofcourse.) $%Grinno$%
But as you can tell I am very happy with the reslults.

Kwakelaar Thank you my friend. I like the gardens in its entirety (duh :D) but I have to agree that the lower garden has a entirely different and more serene atmosphere than the upper levels. Then again that was also the intention as both parts had different functions. :)

The pavilions and the palmhouse do set these gardens apart from the parks I've made in Strechnitz or Kayserburgen palace. Debussyman did a great job on them!

Strechnitz.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

TheTeaCat

Hubert,

Absolutely stupendous, in fact i cannot find the correct superlative to describe your MD. The care and attention you put in are amazing and its always a pleasure to visit here. I often have to reread your thread just to peruse the sights and take in the atmosphere of the splendor you show &apls &apls

The official kettle has been placed on the stove for you and your Tea is being brewed as I type.

Till the next time
regards

Derry

ps I have just dispatched one of my alleycats servants with your Tea  ;D
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

urban

I think it is actually easier to create your own lots. Publishing them in the LEX might be a good idea, nut you probably used props from everywhere and the downloading list would be huge.
And yes I made some parks for Walker's Garden in the LE,
after I saw your gorgeus work here in your idea (the best ideas are always the stolen ones &idea  :P, I hope you don't mind). Your fantastic work makes me planning even bigger parks now. I'm collecting ideas of a huge countryside mansion with huge lawns and parks. Well keep up the good work, so I have my pool of inspiration :thumbsup:

urban

Walker's Island

Strechnitz

TTC Thanks, I am glad that you find it a pleasure to visit :) I am very gratefull for the official kettle.
The tea was deliscious...erm...can I keep the kitty? ::)

Urban Indeed the props I used come from several different creators. that's the main reason that holds me back releasing them. 

Ahhh Plagiarism ;D Well that's one of the oldest words in the book no?  ;)  No sweat Urban I too have gotten ideas from other MD's as from other cities or architects. I don't see any harm in what you do. Or else I and many others would be big time hypocrits. :D So I wish you a pool of inspiration Urban ( So that way I am sure to keep expanding my MD)  %wrd

Newsflash, Extra edition!

Bliss temple built in Stropon, the beginning of a new cult?
By our correspondent.

Yesterday Stropon has gained a new place of worship. It is not one of the regular types of Churches. It is multi million Kronen project. the exact figures however are not made public for the bills are paid by His Holy Majesty personally and are therefore a state secret. Is that all? No it's not. This building is dedicated to the Olympus of the living Gods of Bliss, the Totalitarian regime that has declared themselves a godlike status. A cult or religion if you will that has no followers in Stropon or anywhere in Bliss.

And still that is not all. Because of the personal interest and cordial bond between our Holy Emperial Majesty Jerome Victor IV, our beloved and wise ruler has been elevated from a "mere" holy mortal into a Blissian Deity himself. A temple was even constructed in Bliss close to the Pantheon where the Olympus resides and rule their nation.

As a sign of Gratitude our Emperor has ordered this Temple to be built in honour of Bliss's divine regime. Built against a hill along the A31 leading from Strechnitz to Wörlitzen Badt. when the visitor has parked his or her car they are greated by a monument representing the Blissians declaring their submission to the Olympus of the Living Gods. When one ascends the steps one gets closer to heaven and the Temple symbolising the Olympus. The Home of The Blissian pantheon of Living Gods. But without followers and priests this magnificent structure is nothing but an expensive marble testament of our Holy Emperors gratitude. It is however well worth the visit. :thumbsup:

Strechnitz.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

bat

Wonderful looking new mosaic, Strechnitz! Great area in front of the temple! :thumbsup:

sebes

Funny. I did not read the text put saw the picture and thought that is what Delfi had looked liked in the old Greek times...  (except for the parking)

You have set a very stylish ambiance - and remarkably real!
One extra reason to take the A31 for a sidetrip to Wörlitzen Badt on my next visit to Strechnitz  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

urban

that is an nice temple area, since Karen Walker is godlike as well,
I need to think about building her a temple as well :D
It was just a matter of time, that the Bliss of Bliss made its way to other MDs
His emperor of Stropon is a very kind person, and I like his way to keep things secret,
people always want to know, what their taxes are used for %wrd

(but I would plant more trees at the edges of the parks, to hide the transition to the terrain)

Walker's Island

Russell

Strech, although the almighty Gods of Bliss are currently on holiday in the Zsa Zsa Lodge on Walker's Island, I guarantee that if and when they ever return, they shall not only express their gratitude towards His Holy Imperial Majesty for constructing such a lovely place of worship, but also do their best to convince the people of Stropon that by subjecting themselfes to the totalitarianism of these benevolent blissian Gods, they shall find true and utter happiness.

Unless, of course, they already are happy.

Russell

bat

Welcome to page 18!

Another great historical update! :thumbsup:

Dark_Jedi06

As a lover of history (especially alternate ones ;D) I'm very impressed by your continued historical updates, which I love to read. :satisfied:
...this space to be filled soon...