• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Jumping Canyons: LOTting

Started by canyonjumper, March 31, 2010, 04:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canyonjumper

Thought I'd start a LOT thread ;D

I am currently working on a park set. It currently has seven lots, 4 3x3 lots, 2 2x3 lots, and 1 4x4 lot. Here are some screen shots:

Some of you may have recognized the 4x4 lot as the plaza I used in my Thematic Comp entry. Plaza lots are made to fit with the sandstone sidewalk mod, but can be used with other mods. Feedback is appreciated ;D

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

canyonjumper

Hmmm, quiet here.

How would I narrow down the dependency list? I've got quite a few.

WC_EEND

nice work! where did you get those loos?

EDIT: just noticed something: you might want to try and center the trees in the planters. It looks a bit odd if they are planted to the left/right ;)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

nbvc

I like the small house with the trees. :thumbsup: But, the tree in the middle seems to grow on the table. $%Grinno$%

canyonjumper

Go ahead. Click it. I dare you.

canyonjumper

Just popping in to say that you can download my Park Set here :thumbsup:

RickD

Good work. Thanks for sharing!
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

greckman

Excellent parks, mr leaper! Downloaded them this morning.  ;D
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

xxdita

The best way to keep the amount of dependencies limited is to familiarize yourself with some of the main prop packs available, and making the most of only a handful. The easiest way to do this is to load one pack at a time into PIMX, to view it's contents. If you see that you're only using one or two props from a pack, try finding a similar prop in one of the other packs you've already used.

But unless your dependency list includes obscure downloads from several different sites, I wouldn't worry too much, especially when creating a set of lots.

canyonjumper

Thanks all for the comments! Nate, yeah, I've been doing that recently. I've gotten better at deps ;D

Yes, that is a PNG, plz don't murder me.

That is Fountain Plaza 03, soon to be released as part of Vol02 ;D

I've resized your picture a little bit, canyonjumper, as it just stretched the screen a tad. If you click the image, it will display in full size. (CasperVg - 19/06/10 CET)