• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

any chance of a SUM v4?

Started by jigsaw, April 02, 2010, 01:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigsaw

i love using SUM, it is a great little program. i know it is a couple of years old now, and im curious to know if the creators still support the program and plan on releasing updates?
insert signature here

Andreas

Counter question: Is there something you're missing, or something that doesn't work properly?
Andreas

jigsaw

i'd love to have the option to export region images in transport mode as well as satellite mode.
insert signature here

RippleJet

fafalone

Just started using this great program today... but I second the motion for an updated version. The main feature I'd like to see is being able to select files, not just folders. It's going to take hours to sort out my root folder and go through and separate everything else... e.g. for a lot of things I just need a couple of the BSC MEGA Props packages, not the entire BSCProps folder, which is a huge subdirectory.

That said, it's still a large improvement. Moving plugins around by hand was getting unmanageable. Good job.

MutantPlatypus

Quote from: fafalone on April 26, 2010, 08:34:02 PM
Just started using this great program today... but I second the motion for an updated version. The main feature I'd like to see is being able to select files, not just folders. It's going to take hours to sort out my root folder and go through and separate everything else... e.g. for a lot of things I just need a couple of the BSC MEGA Props packages, not the entire BSCProps folder, which is a huge subdirectory.

That said, it's still a large improvement. Moving plugins around by hand was getting unmanageable. Good job.

I third the motion.  I'd also like to request individual file selection.  Specifically, I'd like to associate files with profiles.  Right now its the other way around.  For example, I'd like to be able to select multiple profiles.

For example, lets say I have a set of plugins for coastal cities, a bunch of CAM lots, and a rural set of plugins.  Now, I want to be able to just select coastal and CAM at the same time.  They may have some files in common.  When I go to play a landlocked CAM city, I just select CAM.

A super duper feature would be to read the .dat files and allow me to select which lots are loaded out of .dats (and thus allow me to select how many lots clutter up the menus).

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus